Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Rasib wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:45 pm I did requested the confirmed week build number but reply was they couldn't provide anymore information and VW is not giving the build week numbers anymore.

Maybe VW have got fed up with the tracking spreadsheet having any dates at all on it…
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

Utumno wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:47 pm
Rasib wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:45 pm I did requested the confirmed week build number but reply was they couldn't provide anymore information and VW is not giving the build week numbers anymore.

Maybe VW have got fed up with the tracking spreadsheet having any dates at all on it…
Jealousy that someone with a spreadsheet( no offence ) and people actually communicating is more effective than their multi million £ system.
SimmoUK

Post by SimmoUK »

@Utumno, another update for your spreadsheet.

I spoke to my dealer today who advised my bog standard Life Pro Performance's provisional build week has slipped back to wk37.

Given everything that's going on its not come as a surprise. It is what it is.
Life Pro Performance.
Ordered Nov '21. Delivered Feb '23
Zappi 2. Home Solar/battery.
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

Depressing update time, week 40 now and order No is 3147xxxx
ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021…..Cancelled 19/3/2022
Was order No 31477
Original Confirmed build week 51 2021
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35,36 now 40 2022 status 10
Delivery not now
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

I'm starting to think I'll never see delivery of my id3, VW seem to be completely unprepared for world events and dropping to one model of id3 seems to be a shakedown to lose orders or force people into the life spec. I'm stuck between rock and hard place as can't see any alternatives on my company car scheme but with zero meaningful updates since my order last August other than to give me further delays VW are not the company they used to be.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Unfortunately, it’s not just VW. For example, quite a few manufacturers rely on being supplied by the wiring harness industries based in Ukraine, and this this industry has been established simply because it offered a more cost effective solution and was in a geographically advantageous location.

Many car manufacturers have established plants in central and Eastern Europe, taking advantage of the readily available skilled and educated workforce and low manufacturing costs. These include Jaguar Landrover, Hyundai, Kia etc. Ukraine also has excellent links to Germany.

This new supply problem is already causing problems for BMW, with many of their plants going onto short-time working, and MINI facing at least another week suspending production.
Iang1985

Post by Iang1985 »

woodstock wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:09 pm
Iang1985 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:33 am
woodstock wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:38 pm @Utumno an update for the BW 49 crew....had a very late email (9PM) from my excellent dealer and my car is code 38 at Emden.
Update from mine today that the car is now in the UK (think that's code 40)

Believe it will be at the dealers in about 7 days time and potentially delivery from 14th March (seems a bit optimistic)
do you know when it was shipped?
Mine was code 38 last Thursday, thinking if it could have got on the same ship as yours.

Not certain, my update was basically all at once on 14th Feb. Was basically built and at Emden same day (or at least that was the days they told me)
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

I have received a pdf letter from VW UK via my dealer:

Potential production delays on your Volkswagen order

Dear customer, We are delighted you have chosen a Volkswagen and together with your Volkswagen Retailer, we aim to inspire you with an outstanding product.
Unfortunately we will have to ask for your patience for the delivery of your new Volkswagen. In all likelihood, we will not be able to meet our usual delivery times for orders that we provide to your Volkswagen Retailer.

Supply bottlenecks slow production

This delay is primarily due to bottlenecks in supply. The effects of the global Covid 19 pandemic have led to a significant impact on the production and supply chains for electronic components such as semiconductors across all models. This is affecting the global automotive industry, and Volkswagen is also suffering from these component supply restraints at present.

The crisis in Ukraine is also disrupting supply of certain components. While our primary concern is for the humanitarian crisis in the area, the situation may lead to further delays. We hope you will appreciate we are working hard to mitigate the impacts.

Your Volkswagen Retailer will keep you up to date.

Our current view with regard to semiconductors is that the situation should improve through the second half of 2022. It is harder to predict the impact of the Ukraine crisis. Please be assured that Volkswagen is doing everything it can to keep delays as short as possible.

Unfortunately, it is likely to be some time before your Volkswagen Retailer is able to confirm the final production and delivery date to you. We are providing frequent updates to your Volkswagen Retailer about the situation.

We understand that the situation is unsatisfactory and disappointing for you but kindly ask for your patience in these unprecedented times.
Your sincerely,

Rod McLeod Director of Volkswagen UK

VW id3 Pro Performance, White, East Derry Wheels. Ordered October 9th 2021. Provisional build week 38 2022.
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

Uphamid3 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:40 am I have received a pdf letter from VW UK via my dealer:

Potential production delays on your Volkswagen order

Dear customer, We are delighted you have chosen a Volkswagen and together with your Volkswagen Retailer, we aim to inspire you with an outstanding product.
Unfortunately we will have to ask for your patience for the delivery of your new Volkswagen. In all likelihood, we will not be able to meet our usual delivery times for orders that we provide to your Volkswagen Retailer.

Supply bottlenecks slow production

This delay is primarily due to bottlenecks in supply. The effects of the global Covid 19 pandemic have led to a significant impact on the production and supply chains for electronic components such as semiconductors across all models. This is affecting the global automotive industry, and Volkswagen is also suffering from these component supply restraints at present.

The crisis in Ukraine is also disrupting supply of certain components. While our primary concern is for the humanitarian crisis in the area, the situation may lead to further delays. We hope you will appreciate we are working hard to mitigate the impacts.

Your Volkswagen Retailer will keep you up to date.

Our current view with regard to semiconductors is that the situation should improve through the second half of 2022. It is harder to predict the impact of the Ukraine crisis. Please be assured that Volkswagen is doing everything it can to keep delays as short as possible.

Unfortunately, it is likely to be some time before your Volkswagen Retailer is able to confirm the final production and delivery date to you. We are providing frequent updates to your Volkswagen Retailer about the situation.

We understand that the situation is unsatisfactory and disappointing for you but kindly ask for your patience in these unprecedented times.
Your sincerely,

Rod McLeod Director of Volkswagen UK

VW id3 Pro Performance, White, East Derry Wheels. Ordered October 9th 2021. Provisional build week 38 2022.
So there is a line of communication between VW UK and dealers according to line 7, but clearly not between dealers and customers. I only found out my car would not be delivered in February as claimed at the time of order by me contacting the dealer for an update.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
Sanya

Post by Sanya »

As I was passing I popped into my dealer for an update. The car is at code 38…
Family Pro Performance | Glacier White | Sanya 20” alloys | Delivered March 2022
3rd time EV owner | BMWi Pure wall box.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

So there is a line of communication between VW UK and dealers according to line 7, but clearly not between dealers and customers. I only found out my car would not be delivered in February as claimed at the time of order by me contacting the dealer for an update.
[/quote]

It is frustrating. I have the same basic order No as you and have an estimated build of May without any further info. Im code 10.
I ask for an update monthly from Vertu but I fear now delivery will be much later with what is happening in Ukraine and possible spiralling energy costs at home as a consequence.
Its affordable now but maybe not so in 12 months time.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Big_GT wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:23 pm Jealousy that someone with a spreadsheet( no offence ) and people actually communicating is more effective than their multi million £ system.

Lol none taken! I am literally some rando off t'Internet and a Google account 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Utumno wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:31 pm
Big_GT wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:23 pm Jealousy that someone with a spreadsheet( no offence ) and people actually communicating is more effective than their multi million £ system.

Lol none taken! I am literally some rando off t'Internet and a Google account 😂
Haha that may be but your ss gives the majority of us more info than the dealerships and we can kinda guess our wait time. I appreciate your work 👍
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
mgblugs

Post by mgblugs »

:) Car will be delivered to me on 11th March!
Family Pro Performance
Ordered - August 30 2021
Central Contracts (lease) (no Vw Order no)
Delivered 11th March 2022
Dogcow

Post by Dogcow »

Well, shocked, dealer called me, build week 11 is now confirmed!
—————-
Family Pro Performance ordered 15/9/21
Original build week fifty something
Build Week 11 2022
Code 30 - 23/4/22
Code 36 / 38 / 39 - the following week
Code 40 - 29/4/22
Expected at dealer 10/5/22
Arrived at dealer 16/5/22
Collected 24/5/22
pds107

Post by pds107 »

As our car has been stuck in re-work for 3 months despite Vw saying it had been released to transit twice. I escalated this to the exec office to try and understand why the car was in re-work and and eta for resolution/delivery. I specifically asked for the customer services rep to call me having had the same person attempting to fob me off with contact your dealer/chip shortage answer the previous time which didn’t address any of my specific issues or questions. My new escalation has been raised to same person who has again ignored all of the specifics, not contacted me by phone as requested and referred me to the Motor Ombudsman. Email is below that I received - I am completely dumbfounded by the fact that they are willing to go through a dispute resolution process but not willing to address the issue directly with myself or update my dealer.

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen UK.

As the dispute cannot be settled, we refer you to The Motor Ombudsman, a CTSI-certified Alternative Dispute Resolution provider that we are prepared to engage with through the ADR procedure.
Advice line: 0345 241 3008
Address: The Motor Ombudsman, 71 Great Peter Street, London, SW1P 2BN

I am sorry that we are unable to offer any further assistance on this occasion. I would like to thank you for providing me with an opportunity to respond to your concerns.

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen UK.

Kind regards

Zahra Ahmed
Customer Relations Manager
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

And here she is! 60 miles home....all good.

B setting seems a little more abrupt than I remember, but will get used to it no doubt!

20220304_171009.jpg

Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Oh, looks really nice Up the jumper! Congrats
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Well done Up the jumper, it looks brilliant - enjoy!
Twisted enigma

Post by Twisted enigma »

Id3 max order maganese grey number 3142***** . Ordered 12th August, initially told mid Oct delivery 21, shiftet to week 9, now week 28 2022. Dealer blaming chip shortages and current conflict. Poor communication through out process.
iD3 max
Manganese with bike rack prep added October 22
Ordered 12th August 21
Motability customer
Order number ********