Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Sprout

Post by Sprout »

TerraFirma wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:47 am
Sprout wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:57 am
TerraFirma wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:20 pm Another update for the wk49 crew- mine is now in the UK (arrived end of last week I reckon, as wasn’t here this time week). Not quite at the dealer yet but will be picking up so soon I can almost smell it!
Thanks for the update.

I might ping the dealer on Friday and see where we are up to. If it lines up with the last weekend in March that would be ideal for collection.
Worth giving them a shout - they did admit it was the most number of cars that had ever arrived all at once hence the radio silence, and why they hadn't got to me before I got to them. Looks like yours and mine (and a few others on here) got to Emden around the same time so I'd be surprised if yours wasn't in the UK. They even gave me the reg number and VIN!
ok I gave in and have emailed him :lol: , I'll update when I hear something back.
Family Pro Perf \ Managanese \ East Derry \ DTD
Order Number received 12th Aug - 2021 (Week 32)
Confirmed Build week 49 - 2021 (6th Dec - 12th Dec)
Order Num - 31422xxx
Status 38- 16/02/22
Status 40- 09/04/22
Collecting - 25/03/22

Sprout

Post by Sprout »

Sprout wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:16 pm
Sprout wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:57 am

Thanks for the update.

I might ping the dealer on Friday and see where we are up to. If it lines up with the last weekend in March that would be ideal for collection.
Worth giving them a shout - they did admit it was the most number of cars that had ever arrived all at once hence the radio silence, and why they hadn't got to me before I got to them. Looks like yours and mine (and a few others on here) got to Emden around the same time so I'd be surprised if yours wasn't in the UK. They even gave me the reg number and VIN!
ok I gave in and have emailed him :lol: , I'll update when I hear something back.
:D oh - he got back quickly.

Your ID3 has arrived in the UK, reg number is blah blah blah & I have a chassis number.

So it's not at the dealer yet, but very close now.
Family Pro Perf \ Managanese \ East Derry \ DTD
Order Number received 12th Aug - 2021 (Week 32)
Confirmed Build week 49 - 2021 (6th Dec - 12th Dec)
Order Num - 31422xxx
Status 38- 16/02/22
Status 40- 09/04/22
Collecting - 25/03/22
Waterboy

Post by Waterboy »

Laughed my head off. Just had a advert pop up on social media for the ID5. Brilliant.

Can't build ID3s and 4s but lets promote the ID5. Genius
ID3 Max | Glacier White | Heat Pump | Andoya Alloys
Ordered 6th July 2021
Order No. 31373***
Latest Update: no one knows...!
TerraFirma

Post by TerraFirma »

Sprout wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:41 pm
Sprout wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:16 pm

:D oh - he got back quickly.

Your ID3 has arrived in the UK, reg number is blah blah blah & I have a chassis number.

So it's not at the dealer yet, but very close now.
Brilliant news, so close now! Our cars are probably at Sheerness right next to each other. I didn't get any indication on how long it would take to reach the dealer but I'll let you know if I hear any more.
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:13 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:56 am Sky news reported that Porsche had announced delays to deliveries of their Taycan EV, specifically mentioning a Ukrainian company (I forget the name) that manufactures the wiring looms - chances are that this is also the specific component (or one of a few) that'll affect the VW ID3/4/5 also. The report stated that the complete wiring looms of a Taycan are over 3 miles long! :shock:
There's 38 plants making looms and electronic components. Apparently they supply 7% of the European demand for wiring looms. BMW have also admitted being affected.
"Some of the largest German automotive supply companies, including Forschner, Kromberg & Schubert, Prettl, and SEBN, are operating production sites for components in Western Ukraine"
That's the first bit of firm figures I've seen in terms of impact. Where did you see that?
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

It's been in the business pages of several of the main broadsheets over the last few days. The report I saw, I think it was in The Telegraph a couple of days ago, mentioned that over $600 Euros has been invested in these plants in Ukraine, employing over 60,000 people.
The wiring harnesses are produced for a multitude of models, bespoke for each model range, and are completely 'plug-and-play' with all connectors etc in position ready to fit.
Ukraine was chosen as it not only offered lower costs than within the EU, but the country has a highly-educated, efficient workforce, and is reasonably close to many of the factories where final vehicle assembly takes place.
It's not just German manufacturers that are effected, other manufacturers have developed huge high-tech car plants in central and eastern Europe, including Hyundai in Czech Republic and Kia and Jaguar Land rover in Slovakia.
These plants are likely to be suffer hold-ups to their supplies, and the impact has even reached the MINI plant in Oxford which has closed for two weeks because of the supply problems from Ukraine.
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Waterboy wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:49 pm Laughed my head off. Just had a advert pop up on social media for the ID5. Brilliant.

Yes, and seeing them for the VW buzz. Ironically i also see them saying "meet the car of tomorrow" showing an ID3, makes me laugh as i dont think i will see mine this year never mind tomorrow.

I also think its wierd how they have cut the line up of the ID3 so dramatically but not the ID4. Makes me think they are trying to prevent people ordering ID3 so they can use as many parts as possible and not delay the Cupra launch. I understand there is a lot going on in the world, and on the grand scheme of things delayed cars are not exactly top of the worlds problems, but at the same time a little bit of communcation from VW to its customers isnt a lot to ask, and they are not doing themselves any favours by not communicating.
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
Waterboy

Post by Waterboy »

Dinsdale wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:14 pm
Waterboy wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:49 pm Laughed my head off. Just had a advert pop up on social media for the ID5. Brilliant.

Yes, and seeing them for the VW buzz. Ironically i also see them saying "meet the car of tomorrow" showing an ID3, makes me laugh as i dont think i will see mine this year never mind tomorrow.

I also think its wierd how they have cut the line up of the ID3 so dramatically but not the ID4. Makes me think they are trying to prevent people ordering ID3 so they can use as many parts as possible and not delay the Cupra launch. I understand there is a lot going on in the world, and on the grand scheme of things delayed cars are not exactly top of the worlds problems, but at the same time a little bit of communcation from VW to its customers isnt a lot to ask, and they are not doing themselves any favours by not communicating.
Agree with you completely. Its a very trivial issue in the gender scheme of things.
ID3 Max | Glacier White | Heat Pump | Andoya Alloys
Ordered 6th July 2021
Order No. 31373***
Latest Update: no one knows...!
VengefulSeal

Post by VengefulSeal »

I've just had an update on mine when I checked this morning.

Ordered from Select and I now have a VIN. Delivery has come forward from 11th April to 4th April!

Not sure if mine made it to the spreadsheet?

Life Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey
Order no 3139XXXX
Ordered Jan 2022

I know mine has been way shorter than most of you on here, reading this thread has been interesting to say the least for some of your stories (nightmares)
Iang1985

Post by Iang1985 »

VengefulSeal wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:51 am I've just had an update on mine when I checked this morning.

Ordered from Select and I now have a VIN. Delivery has come forward from 11th April to 4th April!

Not sure if mine made it to the spreadsheet?

Life Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey
Order no 3139XXXX
Ordered Jan 2022

I know mine has been way shorter than most of you on here, reading this thread has been interesting to say the least for some of your stories (nightmares)
You may well be lucky and got a cancellation. I was getting fed up with select late Dec/early Jan and they did advise there was a near built life pro performance moonstone grey up for grabs that would be available early April. I did end up sticking with my existing order
JonC

Post by JonC »

This should be my last update for my BW49, as it's now at the dealers & I collect on Tuesday. My temporary Onto Zoe is going back, so looking forward to next week... :)
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

JonC wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:16 am This should be my last update for my BW49, as it's now at the dealers & I collect on Tuesday. My temporary Onto Zoe is going back, so looking forward to next week... :)
Last update? We expect pics, JonC! Enjoy!
farandaway

Post by farandaway »

Utumno,

An update for the tracker....... Sadly, I have given up all hope of ever seeing my Id.3, and cancelled my order with the leasing company. I asked them for one last update for just an ounce of hope, but, when the answer back was basically "Probably now some time in 2023....", this made my decision a little easier......

I have been keen on the new Sportage for a while now (i know its not a BEV), but have decided to go with the HEV GT-Line S version on lease (due end of May) for one last ICE lease before i go full in on BEV.......

Here's hoping for good news for everyone all round, both vehicle and peace wise. Farandaway signing out.......
Family Pro 58Kwh, Moonstone Grey, East Derry Alloys
VW Order No-31415xxx
Current Build Status/Delivery-00/17TH OCT 2022 :cry:
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

farandaway wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:29 am Utumno,

An update for the tracker....... Sadly, I have given up all hope of ever seeing my Id.3, and cancelled my order with the leasing company. I asked them for one last update for just an ounce of hope, but, when the answer back was basically "Probably now some time in 2023....", this made my decision a little easier......

I have been keen on the new Sportage for a while now (i know its not a BEV), but have decided to go with the HEV GT-Line S version on lease (due end of May) for one last ICE lease before i go full in on BEV.......

Here's hoping for good news for everyone all round, both vehicle and peace wise. Farandaway signing out.......
It is sad to see people cancelling their order due to VW's ability to honour order. If they cannot fulfil it when the order was made and deposit taken, VW should not have accepted the order in the first place. Holding out for people for over 6+ months for a mass market model is really bad...... but compare to with happened in Eastern Europe, it is not a big deal really. I am of the opinion that this wiring loom / harness delay will add at least another 6 months to people existing waiting time if their car is not already in built stage.
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

It is sad to see people cancelling their order due to VW's ability to honour order. If they cannot fulfil it when the order was made and deposit taken, VW should not have accepted the order in the first place. Holding out for people for over 6+ months for a mass market model is really bad...... but compare to with happened in Eastern Europe, it is not a big deal really. I am of the opinion that this wiring loom / harness delay will add at least another 6 months to people existing waiting time if their car is not already in built stage.
[/quote]

Any news on your build date? VW are making themselves look so poor! It’s embarrassing! I’m getting close to cancelling now. I really love the car, but shocking service
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

ag-indie wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:29 am It is sad to see people cancelling their order due to VW's ability to honour order. If they cannot fulfil it when the order was made and deposit taken, VW should not have accepted the order in the first place. Holding out for people for over 6+ months for a mass market model is really bad...... but compare to with happened in Eastern Europe, it is not a big deal really. I am of the opinion that this wiring loom / harness delay will add at least another 6 months to people existing waiting time if their car is not already in built stage.
Any news on your build date? VW are making themselves look so poor! It’s embarrassing! I’m getting close to cancelling now. I really love the car, but shocking service
[/quote]

This is what I am pushing for, however as true to Lister tradition service, they don't give provisional build date and when I called up last week they advised the order was accepted in January 2022 which contradicted with the previous updates as the order should have been accepted back in October 2021. Anyway, the order does not have a status code, so I assume it is either Status 00 or 10.

I already planned to keep my Prius for another year and pay for the MOT and services in July as I don't expect the ID3 will arrive by then!
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

farandaway wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:29 am Utumno,

Hope you come back next time round! Spreadsheet updated.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
rags

Post by rags »

Hi everyone. I ordered my ID.3 at the end of August 2021and after several delays its been sitting in the VW system since January with an "estimated" build week of 12 (21st to 27th March). I checked again this morning and its showing the same build week but still as "estimated". Couple of questions which im hoping you guys can provide some guidance / help on please:

1. Shouldn't the build week have been confirmed or delayed by now given we are less than 2 weeks away from week 12? I mean, is it normal for the VW system to show a build week only 2 weeks away as still estimated?
2. How long after the build can I expect the car to be delivered to me in the UK?

Thank you
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

rags wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:16 pm Hi everyone. I ordered my ID.3 at the end of August 2021and after several delays its been sitting in the VW system since January with an "estimated" build week of 12 (21st to 27th March). I checked again this morning and its showing the same build week but still as "estimated". Couple of questions which im hoping you guys can provide some guidance / help on please:

1. Shouldn't the build week have been confirmed or delayed by now given we are less than 2 weeks away from week 12? I mean, is it normal for the VW system to show a build week only 2 weeks away as still estimated?
2. How long after the build can I expect the car to be delivered to me in the UK?

Thank you
Considering the factory closures atm I doubt the systems will be updating.
Jack1338

Post by Jack1338 »

rags wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:16 pm Hi everyone. I ordered my ID.3 at the end of August 2021and after several delays its been sitting in the VW system since January with an "estimated" build week of 12 (21st to 27th March). I checked again this morning and its showing the same build week but still as "estimated". Couple of questions which im hoping you guys can provide some guidance / help on please:

Thank you
I had read somewhere that in some cases, build weeks aren't getting confirmed until a week before it's going in to build. Take with a pinch of salt, but if that were to be true, then this scenario wouldn't be out of the question.

However yes, as others have mentioned the factory is closed for 2 weeks so it's probably unlikely it's going to start in week 12.