Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

SDH7 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:10 am
Voodubber wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:10 am
"all cars that were due to be built bw 21-25 are going through a model year change so it has been put back to 00 which is nothing to worry about it just means that once it has gone through the change it will get a date.
Hmm. The changeover to 22.5 has already happened given those cars are filtering through and there has been absolutely no mention of MY23, which presumably due later on this year.

Sounds a bit like porky pies?
I have had similar from my dealer in terms of a system update. At the moment the only difference with MY23 is to change the name of the black roof colour. MY22.5 was announced around 6 months ago so it's about the right time for MY23.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)

mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Edit: Post removed as there was a reply on the next page, but I've included the file for context
Last edited by mediaguy on Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

alex1337 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:07 am I've been lurking on here for a bit now. I placed an order with a leasing company for a Life Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey already on order and due October supposedly, though based on my readings on here I'm taking that with a pinch of salt.

They sent me this though which contains MY23 changes, nothing really exciting from an ID.3 perspective! Just 1 line "0E: Mythos Black is renamed Grenadill Black"
MY23 changes are in this post: download/file.php?id=1679
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

And to save anyone else checking on the PDF like I just have THE only change is the renaming of the black. Nothing else to see here....
mediaguy wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:25 am
alex1337 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:07 am I've been lurking on here for a bit now. I placed an order with a leasing company for a Life Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey already on order and due October supposedly, though based on my readings on here I'm taking that with a pinch of salt.

They sent me this though which contains MY23 changes, nothing really exciting from an ID.3 perspective! Just 1 line "0E: Mythos Black is renamed Grenadill Black"
MY23 changes are in this post: download/file.php?id=1679
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

I chased after nine weeks and was told

"all cars that were due to be built bw 21-25 are going through a model year change so it has been put back to 00 which is nothing to worry about it just means that once it has gone through the change it will get a date.

At the moment it is saying current 36 which is just where it is going through the change they do jump back forward"
I'm not entirely sure I believe that.

So I found this from a US fleet leasing company which details out when specific models will become available to order (presumably from their perspective) and crucially for us when they start production in various plants around the world.

my23.png

Source

Unfortunately, there are only two German factories listed for the GTI and Arteons which are both non MEB vehicles, so the comparison is tangential there, but then the ID4s being manufactured in the US are listed. One thing that is common between all of them on that list is that their production start of the MY23 all seems to be mid to late July.

This combined with the fact that the ID3 MY23 seems to be only include the rename of one of the colours make me really really skeptical that they're delaying production of cars from 4 weeks to accommodate a change between MY22.5 and MY23. Also the fact that my car started production in BW 21 and a copy and paste my dealer sent me seems to confirm that production had actually started by the end of that week would seem to put more credence on production still moving ahead in these weeks that the dealer has mentioned.

It might be that it was delayed beyond those weeks for another reason but I'm highly suspect of the reason that was given there. Annoyingly, we're operating in such an information vacuum that we're trying to link all these disparate sources into something which may be based on bad information, misunderstandings or bad interpretations. Only those actually close to the manufacturing process could really tell us what's going on.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Just had a call - the ‘in stock’ tour I ordered last Monday has arrived at the dealers. Pick up Monday/Tuesday. Expecting MY22 with 2.3sw but we’ll see. Will report back.
Last edited by MotMot on Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I spoke to my dealer yesterday, over 6 months after ordering and there has been a total lack of communication from VW. Apparently they have around 800 cars on order and a lot of very unhappy customers. (I am one of them!)
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey
Ordered 26 Nov 2021
Listers Nuneaton
Order No: 31568xxx
Build week : Unconfirmed
Delivered: 23 Sept 22
White Zappi 7kW - Tethered
lunajai

Post by lunajai »

We went from Week 33 to status 0 at the start of May. Ordered 11 August 2021. I emailed our sales person about it 3 times over the last month. I emailed on Friday and got a returned email—address incorrect. Rang the office and found out our salesperson left 1 June. No contact or communication. Apparently no one in the office on Friday had access to the system—call back tomorrow. So I called back Saturday after lunch and the new car sales manager was already gone and no one there can access the system. The sales manager is away for a week so we can’t get an update until next Saturday. They were really defensive when I asked about the grant. The person I spoke to said it could turn up at any point. I am so so so so fed up. It is a huge financial commitment and we are all being messed around.
Family Pro Manganese w/ East Derry
Ordered start of August 2021
Order no: 31430***
Final bw: 39
Mood: (Not so) fuming
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

lunajai wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:53 pm We went from Week 33 to status 0 at the start of May. Ordered 11 August 2021. I emailed our sales person about it 3 times over the last month. I emailed on Friday and got a returned email—address incorrect. Rang the office and found out our salesperson left 1 June. No contact or communication. Apparently no one in the office on Friday had access to the system—call back tomorrow. So I called back Saturday after lunch and the new car sales manager was already gone and no one there can access the system. The sales manager is away for a week so we can’t get an update until next Saturday. They were really defensive when I asked about the grant. The person I spoke to said it could turn up at any point. I am so so so so fed up. It is a huge financial commitment and we are all being messed around.
That is shocking but unsurprising. VW in a nutshell.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Sauscat wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:46 pm
ag-indie wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:22 pm “We are still awaiting a production date from the manufacturer. I understand this is frustrating for you but we are seeing lead times on average of 12 months across all vehicles at the moment.

We will continue to update you with your order, if you have any further questions please let me know.

Many Thanks”

Just received an email. Piss poor & beyond a joke now.

Was this reply from Zenith or Listers?
Zenith
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Sauscat

Post by Sauscat »

Zenith
[/quote]

Thanks
Just wondered as our order is through Zenith and Listers Warwickshire from early October

The last five updates from Zenith have stated delivery mid September
Wonder if this is just another optimistic guess on their part then reading your update from them 😩
Souljacker

Post by Souljacker »

I'm another who has ordered through Zenith salary sacrifice and I'm getting the same vague mid September update from an original March delivery.

My details for the spreadsheet are as below

Family Pro performance, Moonstone Grey
Ordered 09/10/21
Ordered via Zenith SS, Lookers Harrogate
Family Pro Performance, Moonstone grey, East Derry alloys
Order date 09/10/2021
Zenith salary sacrifice, Lookers Harrogate
31498*** order No
Current build week 26
Delivered 29/07/22
Software version 3.0
Podpoint charger
jimbaxter

Post by jimbaxter »

Souljacker wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:18 am I'm another who has ordered through Zenith salary sacrifice and I'm getting the same vague mid September update from an original March delivery.

My details for the spreadsheet are as below

Family Pro performance, Moonstone Grey
Ordered 09/10/21
Ordered via Zenith SS, Lookers Harrogate
Hopefully it is sooner then that and they are being pessimistic. I say that with a similar order date. :)
I added you to the sheet.
13th Jan: Ordered ID3 Family Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey.
Order #315109xx
ETA 01/2023 (Car part of pre-orders from Oct 2021)

Last update 19th Aug: Build Week 49/2022
s9bl

Post by s9bl »

Another update from me. Moved from an estimated week 27 to week 33. That would make it 12 months since ordering until build!
Max, Glacier White, MY23, Software 3.2
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

Update from my dealer, the cars are starting to appear at the dealership. No numbers but I do know that they had about 10 ordered before mine.
I'm expecting it arriving a year after I ordered it in Oct, maybe earlier if I'm lucky. I get the feeling they aren't allowed to give estimates now, maybe giving people build weeks without any real information has caused more problems.
One thing on one of the emails I received there was an order number 840xxxx , no idea if that's a dealership number or one supplied by VW.
Last edited by Andy1966 on Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
bluewaters905

Post by bluewaters905 »

My leasing company replied saying my order is "confirmed for build and on track for late July". Not sure exactly what that means but it's the first time it's not been pushed back.

They also said they've seen orders go back to Sept/Oct because they are not confirmed but mine apparently isn't one of those so "it is a little more promising at the moment".

Extremely vague but it's at least positive...
michbright

Post by michbright »

michbright wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:57 pm Hi. I'm a new user, but I've been lurking for a while now...

We test drove the ID.3 at two different dealerships and ordered ours on 28/04/22 in Makena Turquoise through Motorfinity as the other half gets a Blue Light card discount.

If I were to order from the dealership direct, I would have chosen the second one as the first one was quite sure we'd get the car within 6 months, but the second sales person was more upfront and told us realistically we were looking at 12 months plus, which if I'm honest, I don't mind as we have HP on a Seat Alhambra that finishes in 3 months, so we'll only be paying for one car when the ID.3 eventually arrives.

Can I be added to the updates please? I'll try get the order number today to add to it.
I think my original post got lost at the end of the previous page... could I be added to the tracker please? Thanks.
Life Pro Performance ordered 28/04/22
Makena Turquoise
Build week ??
Order number 32171xxx
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

s9bl wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:30 am Another update from me. Moved from an estimated week 27 to week 33. That would make it 12 months since ordering until build!
My mate works for VW, the reason the Max and Family’s are being bumped back is because they cannot get matrix headlights, hence why a lot of a life’s are now flying forward and life orders staying on track, anything with matrix lights as standard or optioned are getting delayed.

I ordered a Q4 e-tron with matrix lights and tech pack late July 2021, last week it got bumped to week 36 2023 !!!,

Needless to say I cancelled, I’m now having a Merc EQB AMG 350 premium. Being delivered 30/06/22.

The difference between VAG and Merc is light years, shame as I really like the look of the Q4
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Sauscat wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:43 am Zenith
Thanks
Just wondered as our order is through Zenith and Listers Warwickshire from early October

The last five updates from Zenith have stated delivery mid September
Wonder if this is just another optimistic guess on their part then reading your update from them 😩
[/quote]

Contact listers & see if you’ve a build week yet.
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Tom_1985 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:12 pm
s9bl wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:30 am Another update from me. Moved from an estimated week 27 to week 33. That would make it 12 months since ordering until build!
My mate works for VW, the reason the Max and Family’s are being bumped back is because they cannot get matrix headlights, hence why a lot of a life’s are now flying forward and life orders staying on track, anything with matrix lights as standard or optioned are getting delayed.

I ordered a Q4 e-tron with matrix lights and tech pack late July 2021, last week it got bumped to week 36 2023 !!!,

Needless to say I cancelled, I’m now having a Merc EQB AMG 350 premium. Being delivered 30/06/22.

The difference between VAG and Merc is light years, shame as I really like the look of the Q4
I'm hoping my Tour 5 hasn't been affected by that... starting to get worried my dealer hasn't contacted me to say its out of the factory.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022