Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Bigd0205

Post by Bigd0205 »

Looks like they've taken the offer off their site for both tour and max. So they've either sold this quota/batch or have enough enquires to. Hope you guys get one if you want one.

I had a deal in place for a life model which wasn't expected till Q1 2023 with Zen Auto. Was the best price I could find an ID.3 (500 deposit and £388 x 36) but the deals that Plan were offering were far superior as even with the £1200 processing fee over the 36 months I was saving at least £1k overall that what I'd pay on the Zen deal including fee. So gain all the extras and the £1k in my back pocket but lose the east Derry alloys I'd spec'd as there was no amending the plan leasing orders.
ID3 Max Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey
Broker: Plan Car Leasing
Order: Cancelled

scarecrow101

Post by scarecrow101 »

alex1337 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:48 pm I spoke to them earlier about a Tour model as I noticed even with the broker fee it would be considerably less than what I'll be paying for my Life model I have on order. Question is am I willing to give up the middle back seat that will only be used in very rare circumstances but be annoying that 1 time you need it? Need some steer on whether that's worth it for the upgrade in packs etc.
Youve got to ask yourself, in how many X years youve owned your current car how often have you used the middle seat, in my past 2 cars its zero! So go for it if it suits you! the upgrades will be worth it
Family Pro Performance MY 22.5 | Software 3.0
Kwr68

Post by Kwr68 »

Spoke to dealer yesterday (beadles Colchester) hadn’t any update since February partly due as I found out my original salesperson leaving and no one else taking over my order . Still I was told my is expected to start build sometime August with delivery late September early October so about a year since order or possibly earlier seems to fit in with other cars ordered that sort of time . Although this won’t be the my longest wait for something went to see the killers( American band ) last Friday that was two years in the making due to various lockdowns .
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

I’m getting pissed off that I’ve not even a build week allocated.
Coming Upto 8 months since ordered 🤬

I was really hoping to see the car in October, making it 12
Month from ordering, but I can’t see this happening now! Damn !!!
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

The lack of the middle seat in the rear was what put me off the Tour but I'm lucky enough that in Ireland the Tour 5 was available so I got a cheaper 77kWh battery version with 5 seats and all I didn't get was the HUD, the second set of speakers in the rear of the car, the sound insulating windscreen, the electric seats and the 2 zone climate control.

The only ones that I think I'll miss is the rear speakers and maybe the sound insulating windscreen.

Cost difference was €4k in favour of the Tour 5. Great option if it was available to you.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Joule58kW

Post by Joule58kW »

ag-indie wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:40 pm I’m getting pissed off that I’ve not even a build week allocated.

Ditto!
Meanwhile my 2007 diesel Golf keeps costing me ££££
Life Pro Performance 58kW Makena Turquoise.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

A stripped back (gadget wise) 5 seat Tour would have been perfect - but not available in the UK. Sadly.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

ag-indie wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:40 pm I’m getting pissed off that I’ve not even a build week allocated.

I'm beyond pissed off now. Just over a weeks time and it'll be 10 months with barely a scrap of info.
I'm giving them till the end of the month and if I hear nothing from them then I'll be going to the garage for some answers. Utter piss take.

Going electric was mostly because of the price of petrol and look what's happening with that shit show now.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

cornbutter wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:24 pm ... the sound insulating windscreen.
Never heard of that! How does it work?
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Bengeo wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:25 am
cornbutter wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:24 pm ... the sound insulating windscreen.
No idea, I presumed it was just thicker glass. Or some glass with a layer in that somehow absorbs more sound than just glass on its own. I can't remember if it was just the windscreen or all Windows on the Tour having it. Either way I'm ok with not having it.

Oh there was one other difference that did actually disappoint me, the sports seats weren't available as an option on the Tour 5, if I could have gotten those I would have.
Ordered October 2021

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Jamie1c wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:21 am

I'm beyond pissed off now. Just over a weeks time and it'll be 10 months with barely a scrap of info.
I'm giving them till the end of the month and if I hear nothing from them then I'll be going to the garage for some answers. Utter piss take.

Going electric was mostly because of the price of petrol and look what's happening with that shit show now.
Have you considered seeing if you can grab one of those incoming stock Cupra Borns? You could potentially be driving it within a week if you find one in stock.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:57 am
Jamie1c wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:21 am

Have you considered seeing if you can grab one of those incoming stock Cupra Borns? You could potentially be driving it within a week if you find one in stock.
I haven't considered it at all but just might now.
I did look online at the new Nissan Ariya, nice enough car.

I feel that I've waited this long now that I'd be crazy to cancel. Decisions, decisions. I'll wait till the end of the month, then see what options are out there.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

cornbutter wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:31 am
Bengeo wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:25 am
No idea, I presumed it was just thicker glass. Or some glass with a layer in that somehow absorbs more sound than just glass on its own.
I've found some info. It's referenced in the last paragraph here:
https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/ ... esign-6243

More info here:
https://soundproofguide.com/what-is-an- ... indshield/
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Ah ok, so it is an extra layer between the normal glass layers. If I ever need to change the windscreen for whatever reason I'll make sure to get the acoustic windscreen, if it does make the significant difference claimed in the article, it seems worth it
Ordered October 2021

mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

I thought that realistically it was the same screen with a different code that has a reflective surface on it for the HUD, as it's in the HUD pack.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Adam1980

Post by Adam1980 »

Car arrived this morning.

WeConnect is not working at all 🤣
Turquoise

Post by Turquoise »

Adam1980 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:26 am Car arrived this morning.

WeConnect is not working at all 🤣
Is it WeConnect or WeConnectID that you're trying? It needs to be the ID version. I've also read that having both keys in the car can be a problem.
Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct '21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Built '22 wk33, delivered wk41

Zappi 7kW Black tethered
4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45
Okane

Post by Okane »

Bit of an update. My car is still at Emden port waiting to ship out. Its been there since 5th May, 5weeks. Ships arrive nearly every week to Ireland, next one due this Tuesday 14th June. Hopefully it will be on it
Business Pro Performance
Order date 28/10/2021
VW Castleisland, Ireland
130*** Comm No
Built week 18
Collected week 27
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

Hi Guys,

Just had an update with the dealership this afternoon and had couple of interesting points come out of it, so I thought to share those here:

1.) VW is introducing 2023 update, so any order don't have a confirm build date have been put to status 00. She explained that orders will be slotted back once the 2023 update finish in couple of weeks. (not sure what to make of it.)

2.) Government Grant (for order before December 2021), VW is currently in discussion with the government requesting further extension, allowing delivery which is over 12 months since order to be honoured. VW is awaiting confirmation from the government.

So in summary, my Sept 21's order has no confirm build date and no sure if the grant will be honoured if it is longer than 12 months from order (which is likely).

Hope you all have a good weekend!
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Okane wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:35 pm Bit of an update. My car is still at Emden port waiting to ship out. Its been there since 5th May, 5weeks. Ships arrive nearly every week to Ireland, next one due this Tuesday 14th June. Hopefully it will be on it
Excellent to hear. I was wondering what the situation is for ships arriving in Ireland. I'm presuming they're all going to Dublin? I was trying to figure out from public information where they come from and where the might arrive but I wouldn't find anything.
Ordered October 2021