Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Software version 2.4 which comes with a new 12v battery.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max

Repfigit

Post by Repfigit »

Mark V wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:08 pm No home charger - and actually rather shocked how much they cost - but I have a new double socket outlet inside a detached garage, next to the door. I don't need to use the car every day - maybe a 60 mile/60mile trip once a week and the rest local journeys.

I don't understand the question about 'are they putting 2.4 on the car? 2.4 what?

Update - OK I had a mooch around and you are referring to the 2.4 software update I think? This car only arrived from the factory a few days ago so would presume its got the latest updates and wont need that.
It's a good idea to get a dedicated charger/EVSE installed. Standard 3-pin sockets can only do 10A continuously (13A is fine for bursty use like kettles) so you're limited to 2.3kW charging. I've melted a plug to an extension reel before when using a 10A wallpaper steamer for hours, so this isn't guaranteed to go well. If you are going to use a 3-pin socket, make sure you're not using an extension lead and that your electrics are done properly.

Even if you can't get a 32A spur installed, it's still worth fitting a proper EVSE as it can deliver 16A continuously for 3.6kW charging (60% faster). It wouldn't save much money compared to a proper 32A 7.2kW EVSE install though unless it'd be prohibitively expensive to run a new electrical spur to the consumer unit.
ID.3 Family Pro - 145PS, 58kWh
Kings Red - Assistance Pack Plus - Heat pump
Ordered 8th December 2021
Build week 49/2022
Delivered to dealer 11/01/2023
Collection date 17/01/2023
Front safety camera stopped working 1 hour, 30 miles into ownership.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

ag-indie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:36 pm
ag-indie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:34 pm
Picker1 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:16 pm Just had my monthly update -

“All the ID3’s and ID4’s are being migrated over to model year 23 by Volkswagen so there estimated build weeks have been taken out and will be re input. (all over models have already been migrated).

As soon as I get a new date I will be in touch.”

10 months in now and still no build date!.

Family Pro Performance
White/East Derrys
Ordered 20th September 2021
Beadles Colchester
What exactly is model year 23? And what will I get as I ordered in October.
Will the old models /our orders be made before my23?
I don’t want a price increase etc.
I'm sure someone posted on here my23 was simply a name change for the panoramic roof. 🤔
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
LiamStarling

Post by LiamStarling »

Nice surprise today. Checked my work emails and delivery has been brought forward to 29th July! Only 2 weeks away……
Here’s hoping things go to plan

Also, I assume this is delivery date to the dealership- how long on average would registration and the other checks take?

7F93EDDB-DC9B-4D6B-8C7D-E135726CEBA1.jpeg

ID3 Life Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey
East Derry Wheels
Ordered 27/09/2021
Estimated Delivery 29/07/2022
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

LiamStarling wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:15 pm Nice surprise today. Checked my work emails and delivery has been brought forward to 29th July! Only 2 weeks away……
Here’s hoping things go to plan

Also, I assume this is delivery date to the dealership- how long on average would registration and the other checks take?
That’s great news! I’ve ordered the same spec
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Repfigit wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:44 pmIt's a good idea to get a dedicated charger/EVSE installed. Standard 3-pin sockets can only do 10A continuously (13A is fine for bursty use like kettles) so you're limited to 2.3kW charging. I've melted a plug to an extension reel before when using a 10A wallpaper steamer for hours, so this isn't guaranteed to go well. If you are going to use a 3-pin socket, make sure you're not using an extension lead and that your electrics are done properly.
I take your point and thank you for responding - but these wallcharger things are £1,000 plus with installation and instantly wipes out any fuel savings for the next year!

My power socket is in a new build garage so it's all to current regs with the socket around three or four metres from the car connection point so no extension lead required. I am going to change the socket itself (currently white plastic job, unbranded) for a nice metal MK one - and see how I get on. There are also local re-charge stations.
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!
Skakauec

Post by Skakauec »

Mark, I would suggest you to use the re-charging point more often, and maybe top up sometime at the 3 pin socket, and see what would be the cost this way, as not sure if the points near you are expensive to use. I would say wall charging point is expensive, but investment for future, if you are planning to go fully electric, and these won't get any cheaper unfortunately. Hope you get best solution for you, and enjoy your EV...👍
ID3 Family Pro
Ordered: Jan 2022
Update beginning of march: Build Week 10, end of March: now unknown build week
Estimate delivery : December 22/January 23
Updated delivery: April/May, now unknown
Delivered: 18th May 2023

Ordered as company car
sturat

Post by sturat »

My car is now at the Dealer's. At last! Please update spreadsheet.
Delivery next week-22/07/2022
Life Pro Perf 204(moonstone)
East Derry
Order no :31457**
Order date: 08/09/2021.
Repfigit

Post by Repfigit »

Mark V wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:14 am
Repfigit wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:44 pmIt's a good idea to get a dedicated charger/EVSE installed. Standard 3-pin sockets can only do 10A continuously (13A is fine for bursty use like kettles) so you're limited to 2.3kW charging. I've melted a plug to an extension reel before when using a 10A wallpaper steamer for hours, so this isn't guaranteed to go well. If you are going to use a 3-pin socket, make sure you're not using an extension lead and that your electrics are done properly.
I take your point and thank you for responding - but these wallcharger things are £1,000 plus with installation and instantly wipes out any fuel savings for the next year!

My power socket is in a new build garage so it's all to current regs with the socket around three or four metres from the car connection point so no extension lead required. I am going to change the socket itself (currently white plastic job, unbranded) for a nice metal MK one - and see how I get on. There are also local re-charge stations.
Another point to consider is that every house is going to end up having one of these installed, and there won't be government grants again. If you don't install an EVSE, then whoever next buys your house is going to, as they'll consider the lack of an EVSE as something to fix. So, having one installed now is probably equity neutral. If you can't get an installer or afford the cost now, it's acceptable to leave it, but you should get one installed as soon as you can afford it.

Also, 7kW charging capability means you're better able to match charging to periods of low electricity prices. A lot of EV owners find it worthwhile to sign up to a time-of-use tariff to reduce electricity costs. Economy 7 tariffs were based on industry predictably shutting down for the day so there was a surplus of electricity overnight to heat up homes and water for the next day. All the wind and solar plants being installed mean we can now have huge surpluses of electricity for a few hours, but these periods are only predictable a few days in advance based on weather forecasts. If you're limited to 2.3kW charging you won't be able to make much use of these times, so your total electricity bill may be higher. EVSEs have to be smart now, so they could reduce charging rate or turn off charging completely when electricity is scarce/expensive.

A lot of this technology is still in the early adopter phase but with electricity prices so high, it seems adoption is going to happen faster than anyone expected. The government and grid has a big incentive to make sure every last watt-hour of wind and solar energy is used when it's available, since gas is so expensive now.
ID.3 Family Pro - 145PS, 58kWh
Kings Red - Assistance Pack Plus - Heat pump
Ordered 8th December 2021
Build week 49/2022
Delivered to dealer 11/01/2023
Collection date 17/01/2023
Front safety camera stopped working 1 hour, 30 miles into ownership.
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

Repfigit wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:16 am

Another point to consider is that every house is going to end up having one of these installed, and there won't be government grants again. If you don't install an EVSE, then whoever next buys your house is going to, as they'll consider the lack of an EVSE as something to fix. So, having one installed now is probably equity neutral. If you can't get an installer or afford the cost now, it's acceptable to leave it, but you should get one installed as soon as you can afford it.

Also, 7kW charging capability means you're better able to match charging to periods of low electricity prices. A lot of EV owners find it worthwhile to sign up to a time-of-use tariff to reduce electricity costs. Economy 7 tariffs were based on industry predictably shutting down for the day so there was a surplus of electricity overnight to heat up homes and water for the next day. All the wind and solar plants being installed mean we can now have huge surpluses of electricity for a few hours, but these periods are only predictable a few days in advance based on weather forecasts. If you're limited to 2.3kW charging you won't be able to make much use of these times, so your total electricity bill may be higher. EVSEs have to be smart now, so they could reduce charging rate or turn off charging completely when electricity is scarce/expensive.

A lot of this technology is still in the early adopter phase but with electricity prices so high, it seems adoption is going to happen faster than anyone expected. The government and grid has a big incentive to make sure every last watt-hour of wind and solar energy is used when it's available, since gas is so expensive now.
Another thing is that councils are looking to install street charging , I know it’s in trial in parts of the country already.
Our local council have sent out questionnaires about fitting them locally. They are only 2kw ones but it’s free. Obviously as the technology improves charging electric cars will be easier.
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
Malcster

Post by Malcster »

Is the used demand still there

Debating on cancelling ours as when I ordered ours it was to complement the my wives ev and was replacement for an ice
I now work for Nissan and have a leaf company car which is cheap to run tax wise and can charge at work

Not sure if I should keep the order and buy and sell on and make a few quid or cancel and let the dealer make the money

Don't need the car now as bik is only 2% so the numbers don't make sense to run an id3 over the company car scheme

Family pro plus
Infotainment pack
Assistance plus
Derry's

Not had an update in 6 weeks so no idea when it's due
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date
Trilby

Post by Trilby »

korky wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:25 pm Volkswagen ID.3 5 Door 145PS Family Pro Auto -
Moonstone Grey-
18in East Derry Alloys-
3144****

due early august .... almost 12 months since ordering!

hypervolt seem to be the cheapest charger install, any better?
I went with Hypervolt, its a decent looking charger with a very simple app. I’ve not got a car yet to plug into it though :roll:

Install was super quick, but then I had a suitable cable and junction box waiting from when the house was built. Installers seem to like it as they don’t have to fuss with earthing as it has stuff built in. You’ll need to have a meter clamp installed to monitor the whole house load, but they will do that as part of the install.

ID3 Max Moonstone & Bike rack - Order #31554***
Week 45 22 est. Then 2023 wk 17 😭 and then 2023 wk 14 :o now (may 23) it's here! 🚘
Hypervolt & 6.4k solar with 10k battery
Kwr68

Post by Kwr68 »

I thought one of the main reasons for buying a ev was environmental , quibbling over the cost of a charger and install is a cost worth paying 40c next week now there’s a good reason to buy a ev
Malcster

Post by Malcster »

Can I be removed from the spreadsheet please

I have just cancelled mine
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

Hi Guys,

Have the car for nearly a week now, loving it! The ride and drive is smoother than expected, my son like the panoramic roof and requested to sit at the back now....lol
I have been using the 3 hrs free charge at the local Tesco, so happy with the fuel saving :-). I did a longish drive on Wednesday for about 100 miles and after some getting use to the acceleration and slightly early braking (drive in D mode) compare to my Prius, it is a fun car to have.

I also have the following added to car since and sharing a few photos:

1.) Front and Back Mud flaps
2.) Door Foils
3.) Rear Bumper protector
4.) Nextbase G622 Front and Back
5.) Mats
6.) Ceramic Coating

I initial purchased the professional installation from Nextbase, however after enquires with VWUK, they explained that it will void the warranty as Nextbase is not a accredited installer from VWUK, so the local dealership agreed to install at a cost!

IMG_3527.JPEG

IMG_3526.JPEG

IMG_3524.JPEG

IMG_3523.JPEG

InkedIMG_3525_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_3520_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_3519_LI.jpg

Last edited by Alongwait on Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

Malcster wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:34 pm Is the used demand still there

Debating on cancelling ours as when I ordered ours it was to complement the my wives ev and was replacement for an ice
I now work for Nissan and have a leaf company car which is cheap to run tax wise and can charge at work

Not sure if I should keep the order and buy and sell on and make a few quid or cancel and let the dealer make the money

Don't need the car now as bik is only 2% so the numbers don't make sense to run an id3 over the company car scheme

Family pro plus
Infotainment pack
Assistance plus
Derry's

Hi there,

I think you should keep the order and do a quick sell to make some profits, after all you have done the wait and should be compensated for it.

The demand is still there, you should be able to sell for at least £38K-£39K for your order. My local dealer offered £37.5K for mine when I bought in for the dashcam installation, but after 10 months wait to finally get the car, I am not at all tempted.

For your order that is in October 21, you shall have it in a few weeks.

Thanks
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

Alongwait wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:33 pm I initial purchased the professional installation from Nextbase, however after enquires with VWUK, they explained that it will void the warranty as Nextbase is not a accredited installer from VWUK, so the local dealership agreed to install at a cost!

Looks good. How much did the dealer charge for the Dashcam install?
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Malcster

Post by Malcster »

Alongwait wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:40 pm
Malcster wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:34 pm Is the used demand still there

Family pro plus
Infotainment pack
Assistance plus
Derry's

Hi there,

I think you should keep the order and do a quick sell to make some profits, after all you have done the wait and should be compensated for it.

The demand is still there, you should be able to sell for at least £38K-£39K for your order. My local dealer offered £37.5K for mine when I bought in for the dashcam installation, but after 10 months wait to finally get the car, I am not at all tempted.

For your order that is in October 21, you shall have it in a few weeks.

Thanks
Build week still not confirmed estimated was September 22nd
I have cancelled already
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date
Kwr68

Post by Kwr68 »

Those who have ordered September/October keep patient cars are beginning to come through mine just turned up out of the blue , I wouldn’t be surprised if another ship is on its way

Post by 4810510 »

Kwr68 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:53 pm Those who have ordered September/October keep patient cars are beginning to come through mine just turned up out of the blue , I wouldn’t be surprised if another ship is on its way
I ordered on 30/11/21 through a leasing company. My VW T-Roc was due back at on 26/4 and I've extended to 26/10. Leasing company have no update from the dealer but my deal is so good I'm loathed to cancel.