Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

Bengeo wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:53 pm
Alongwait wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:33 pm I initial purchased the professional installation from Nextbase, however after enquires with VWUK, they explained that it will void the warranty as Nextbase is not a accredited installer from VWUK, so the local dealership agreed to install at a cost!

Looks good. How much did the dealer charge for the Dashcam install?
Hi there,

It is around £125 - £150 from the dealership, I have other items installed at the time so only have one total.

Thanks
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid

Dbaron

Post by Dbaron »

My dealer has contacted me today and told me the only Id.3 my23 update is 45w charging from the front 2 USB ports.
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

Surprise call from dealer to say car is built. It had gone to status 00 with the MY23 update about 6 weeks ago and this is the first update from the dealer since. Dealer says they should hopefully have it in about 4 weeks.

Just as I was starting to wonder at what stage I would start worrying about getting the grant. Dealer did say they seem to be prioritising cars due to get the grant to make sure they don't go beyond the 12 months. He had previously mentioned that my car had been getting sooner build weeks than other orders placed before it with the only reason he could think being that it was the lower power motor.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

Alongwait wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:03 am
Bengeo wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:53 pm
Looks good. How much did the dealer charge for the Dashcam install?
It is around £125 - £150 from the dealership, I have other items installed at the time so only have one total.

Thanks for the info. It's a shame they don't come fitted as standard in all new cars.
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

DickieBoy wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:12 am Surprise call from dealer to say car is built. It had gone to status 00 with the MY23 update about 6 weeks ago and this is the first update from the dealer since. Dealer says they should hopefully have it in about 4 weeks.

Just as I was starting to wonder at what stage I would start worrying about getting the grant. Dealer did say they seem to be prioritising cars due to get the grant to make sure they don't go beyond the 12 months. He had previously mentioned that my car had been getting sooner build weeks than other orders placed before it with the only reason he could think being that it was the lower power motor.
Congratulations on the good news, You'll be making all of us with earlier orders jealous. The randomness of the deliveries is very frustrating.

I's always assumed that the different power versions used the same motor and that they limited the power output in software but I suppose they could also put less power FET's in the motor controller, or indeed have a different version or the motor. Does anyone know what the differences are?
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Skakauec wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:28 am Mark, I would suggest you to use the re-charging point more often, and maybe top up sometime at the 3 pin socket, and see what would be the cost this way, as not sure if the points near you are expensive to use. I would say wall charging point is expensive, but investment for future, if you are planning to go fully electric, and these won't get any cheaper unfortunately. Hope you get best solution for you, and enjoy your EV...👍
Thanks for that advice - that exactly what I plan to do. I see the VW 3-pin 'granny' charger lead is £200 accessory but lot less than a dedicated wall charging point. I'm excited to see how this goes. One week ago I was not even considering an EV!
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!
Member-1677

Post by Member-1677 »

DickieBoy wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:12 am Surprise call from dealer to say car is built. It had gone to status 00 with the MY23 update about 6 weeks ago and this is the first update from the dealer since. Dealer says they should hopefully have it in about 4 weeks.

Happy for you that it's built and ready to be delivered.

But shows the randomness of the shit show VW is running. Your order was 2 weeks after mine from the same dealership. Mad!!!

Enjoy it when it comes!!!
Life Pro - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered - 04.11.21
Order No - 3153****
Status - was 10, now 00
Build week was 45, then 47 now unknown!!!
Est delivery was Jan 2023: now......
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

So we’ve now been put back to week 38, lovely stuff 😡
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

Member-1677 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:25 pm

But shows the randomness of the shit show VW is running. Your order was 2 weeks after mine from the same dealership. Mad!!!

Yep no idea how they order things. There must be a logic its just one that doesn't appear logical from the outside.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

DickieBoy wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:24 pm
Member-1677 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:25 pm

Yep no idea how they order things. There must be a logic its just one that doesn't appear logical from the outside.
Probably a darts board ......
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
fromthechair

Post by fromthechair »

Things could be looking good for future deliveries according to VW info just released states 700 more EV's were delivered the first half of this year compared to last, 26,000 ID3's delivered in Europe so far this year, Just wish they would be more transparent about deliveries to individual countries or bring back order tracking, See link below,

https://www.greencarcongress.com/2022/0 ... wbevs.html

Screenshot 2022-07-18 at 16.38.47.png

Screenshot 2022-07-18 at 16.37.22.png

Family Pro Performance,
Ordered: 19/12/21
order No 31592***
production week: update from dealer 12/12/22 new build date week 8, 20th February 2023 expected delivery first week April 2023 dates are subject to change
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

fromthechair wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:47 pm Things could be looking good for future deliveries according to VW info just released states 700 more EV's were delivered the first half of this year compared to last, 26,000 ID3's delivered in Europe so far this year, Just wish they would be more transparent about deliveries to individual countries or bring back order tracking, See link below,

When they say “selling” they clearly put the Audi brand before the less financially beneficial cars such as the ID3. They are producing the most profitable over our cars, proportionately they cannot be “selling” nearly as many Audis as ID3s.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
Mooch

Post by Mooch »

the.kes wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:26 pm
fromthechair wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:47 pm Things could be looking good for future deliveries according to VW info just released states 700 more EV's were delivered the first half of this year compared to last, 26,000 ID3's delivered in Europe so far this year, Just wish they would be more transparent about deliveries to individual countries or bring back order tracking, See link below,

When they say “selling” they clearly put the Audi brand before the less financially beneficial cars such as the ID3. They are producing the most profitable over our cars, proportionately they cannot be “selling” nearly as many Audis as ID3s.
Id say there's definitely an element of that but also think of company leases. The low BIK make the higher value audi very attractive to someone who'd normally drive a high spec company car.
DSMT

Post by DSMT »

After 9 and a half months our car is now at dealers and should be ready for us to finally collect it on Thursday 21st July.
Really looking forward to it after all this time.
Is it worth getting any extras when we pick it up or do those separately - the official carpet car mats or get ones online that fit? 3 pin charger from VW? Any service / maintenance worth signing up to?
Thanks, and good luck to those still waiting for builds and hope you also go from no news of build week at all to a month later having a car ready to collect
Family Pro Performance
Order number: 31490xxx
Order number confirmed on: 6th Oct 21
Original estimate: Mar 22
June: Build week confirmed as week 25 2022 (20th June)
Latest status: car at dealers and being collected on 21st July!
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Unless you get an amazingly good deal on the service pack (which you won't), I would buy it when you need it. VW service packs used to be transferrable to the new owner should you decide to sell - not any more. GIven that I had absolutely no plans to swap out my ID3 until those launch Cupra Borns came through, i'm glad I didn't get a service pack. They're hideously expensive for the scope of works too. There's nothing in the service scope that most independents couldn't also do.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Mark V wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:24 pm
Skakauec wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:28 am Mark, I would suggest you to use the re-charging point more often, and maybe top up sometime at the 3 pin socket, and see what would be the cost this way, as not sure if the points near you are expensive to use. I would say wall charging point is expensive, but investment for future, if you are planning to go fully electric, and these won't get any cheaper unfortunately. Hope you get best solution for you, and enjoy your EV...👍
Thanks for that advice - that exactly what I plan to do. I see the VW 3-pin 'granny' charger lead is £200 accessory but lot less than a dedicated wall charging point. I'm excited to see how this goes. One week ago I was not even considering an EV!
If you can get on an electric tariff with a cheap overnight rate, the extra cost of a proper 32A/7.4 kW charger is going to pay for itself if you do decent mileage. You'd need that granny charger plugged in for a constant 13 hours to put 50% charge (about 120 miles Summer range) back on your car, vs 4 hours at 7.5p per kWh with Octopus go at the cheap overnight rate. When you're charging over 3 times as long at 4-5 times the monetary rate per kWh, that granny charger isn't going to look half the bargain you think it is.

Do 10k miles pa at a realistic 3.5 miles per kWh average across the year, and you'll need 2857 kWh.

Use that overnight exclusively at the Octopus Go overnight rate and it'll cost you £214, do the same at the current normal rates of 35p per kWh and you'll be paying £1000. That fast charger would pay for itself in year 1 (just about) and you wouldn't be burning out any plug sockets (a plug socket drawing 10A for hours on end is not a good thing).
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

DSMT wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:49 pm After 9 and a half months our car is now at dealers and should be ready for us to finally collect it on Thursday 21st July.
Really looking forward to it after all this time.
Is it worth getting any extras when we pick it up or do those separately - the official carpet car mats or get ones online that fit? 3 pin charger from VW? Any service / maintenance worth signing up to?
Thanks, and good luck to those still waiting for builds and hope you also go from no news of build week at all to a month later having a car ready to collect
Agree with MH on the three pin. They're not a good solution for regular charging. We bought a VW cable for £200 with the car as a lot of people recommend having it as a backup, but to be honest it'd be a pretty rubbish backup and I now have confidence in the charging network such that I think it was a waste of money. I can only envisage us using it once per year when visiting my wife's family, but last time we were there we found a free 7kw in a local car park, so maybe not even that. Definitely wouldn't bother buying one with what I know now.

Re: servicing, we bought a service pack that is supposed to cover services in years 2 & 3 for £270. My logic was that this meant I wouldn't have to think about it until year 4, by which time lots of independents should be clued-up. However the price has since gone up and I'm no longer certain what is included in the year three service over/above MOT. I probably wouldn't bother if I was buying again.

Make sure you get your type 2 cable and a tyre repair kit (unless you have 19" tyres). Ask them to connect the app to the car for you if they can (apparently with 3.0 you have to do a brief software update first, there will be a notification for it) and if a USB c cable would be useful for your phone, ask them to supply that too (you are supposed to get one but many people don't, you have to ask. Ours is very smart and high quality.)
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
LiamStarling

Post by LiamStarling »

Had a brilliant phonecall with Leasplan just now.
Car is arriving at the dealership ‘within the next 10 days’ - will have to wait for it to be registered as per normal.
But at last something a bit more concrete!
ID3 Life Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey
East Derry Wheels
Ordered 27/09/2021
Estimated Delivery 29/07/2022
Turquoise

Post by Turquoise »

Build week 33 now confirmed, which would mean a September delivery to Marshalls.
Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct '21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Built '22 wk33, delivered wk41

Zappi 7kW Black tethered
4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45
lunajai

Post by lunajai »

Hiya! I'm fuming here! I've emailed the Executive Office also as our dealership says that they are unable to get updates on individual orders from VW. I've now been assigned a case manager. If anyone wants a copy of the letter I sent to VW executive office PM me.

My partner noticed that they are no longer selling Manganese Grey. I'm wondering if the delay could be caused by an issue with the paint?
Is it possible to add colour to the spreadsheet? As I think this could be a factor in the delays?

The dealer did tell me that my grant is OK until October at least even though I ordered in August.

I've got some more details so my spreadsheet entry can be updated. The rest of the information is accurate.
Dealer: Vertu Leeds
Order number: 31430***
Estimated delivery: 15th December 2021
Family Pro Manganese w/ East Derry
Ordered start of August 2021
Order no: 31430***
Final bw: 39
Mood: (Not so) fuming