Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
s9bl

Post by s9bl »

CalumLewis wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:12 am
s9bl wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:52 pm On the MY23 updates (maybe worth a new thread) - is this a 12" screen I see here on the German configurator? (with and without "Infotainment-Paket Plus")
Looks like you're correct - if you check the details for that option one of the features is "Radio "Ready 2 Discover Max"":

vw2.jpg

There isn't any mention of what that is on the ID3 page from what I can see but in the UK brochure for the ID.Buzz the same option is listed with a 12" screen:

VW.jpg

Worth taking with a pinch of salt as far as the UK market is concerned though I guess.
For those of us still waiting on trims that include that package, either we'll be pleasantly surprised to find a 12" screen, or this will be a "new" package with the same name, but different code on the system.
Max, Glacier White, MY23, Software 3.2

ricko

Post by ricko »

Hi all

I collected my car yesterday - all OK except we couldn't set up anything as the car decided to do a software download and update at that point ! I drove home 35 miles along country A/B roads and got 4.9 mi/kwh with the AC off and 19 degree temperatures - a far cry from the last 2 days ! Halfway home the screen woke up and started working.

The paperwork in the car indicated signoff on the 30th June, so 3 weeks from the factory to me is pretty quick going !

Interestingly the dealership had charged the car to 96% ...
Software is now showing as 3.0.0

Will post some pics in the next few days

Cheers
RIck
Life Pro Performance Kings Red + heatpump
Ordered 11/10/2021 @ Inchcape
Build week 38/22
Collected 20/07/22

Intelligent Octopus referral link (£50 credit) : https://share.octopus.energy/frost-snake-180
adas144

Post by adas144 »

Just had the call that our confirmed build week 26 car has landed in the UK, got a reg and on the way to dealer for PDI etc. Expect collection/delivery next week.
Family Pro Performance - Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered: October '21
Arval Salary Sacrifice
Confirmed Build Week 26
Estimated by dealer: Before end of July
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

DSMT wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:35 pm
Alongwait wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:13 pm
DSMT wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:49 pm After 9 and a half months our car is now at dealers and should be ready for us to finally collect it on Thursday 21st July.
Really looking forward to it after all this time.
Is it worth getting any extras when we pick it up or do those separately - the official carpet car mats or get ones online that fit? 3 pin charger from VW? Any service / maintenance worth signing up to?
Thanks, and good luck to those still waiting for builds and hope you also go from no news of build week at all to a month later having a car ready to collect
Hi DSMT,

I was offered the service plan from the dealership for £239.00 which includes 1x Service, 1x MOT, 1 x Brake Fluid Change, 1x Pollen Filter, on the VW's website it is advertised at £338.10. Also, at my dealership, they are offering 10% off for ID.3 accessories and on that basis, I purchased the ID 3's mat, there are different mats for ID3, Standard, LUXURY CARPET MATS & all weather, I eventually decided on the Luxury mat. I have also purchased the following accessories:

1.) LOADING SILL PROTECTION
2.) DOOR SILL PROTECTION FILM
3.) FLEXIBLE LOADLINER
4.) Front and Rear Mud flaps

Please find the link to the accessories for your reference: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/files/live ... sories.pdf

There are some photos of my car on the chats (Page 267) . Please have a look.

Thanks
Thanks Alongwait (good name for this thread by the way).
Love the pictures and thanks for the link.
Hopefully at dealers tomorrow we can see the different mats/ sills etc for real to feel / compare them and decide.
For things like the door sills do they just simply stick those on while you wait then - does it take long? (Im attempting to collect car while on my lunch break at work but think I will end up being late and making up time anyway).

It had been such a long wait for car with no news I wasn't bothered about these various extras/accessories and had forgotten most of them from when we looked last year, but now actually finally getting car for real excited about the little things like this and what we could go for.

Thanks again
Hi DSMT,

The Door sill are stick on, it comes with 4 for each door. It had experience previously which they were sold in 2.

I had the car deliver, so I took the car to the local VW for the dashcam installation and (cheeky) ask them to fix the extra. They charged for the Mud flaps installation only and happily do the sill and bumper protection for free as they are only stick on.

Hope this help!
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

DSMT wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:28 pm
sidehaas wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:22 am
DSMT wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:49 pm After 9 and a half months our car is now at dealers and should be ready for us to finally collect it on Thursday 21st July.
Really looking forward to it after all this time.
Is it worth getting any extras when we pick it up or do those separately - the official carpet car mats or get ones online that fit? 3 pin charger from VW? Any service / maintenance worth signing up to?
Thanks, and good luck to those still waiting for builds and hope you also go from no news of build week at all to a month later having a car ready to collect
Agree with MH on the three pin. They're not a good solution for regular charging. We bought a VW cable for £200 with the car as a lot of people recommend having it as a backup, but to be honest it'd be a pretty rubbish backup and I now have confidence in the charging network such that I think it was a waste of money. I can only envisage us using it once per year when visiting my wife's family, but last time we were there we found a free 7kw in a local car park, so maybe not even that. Definitely wouldn't bother buying one with what I know now.

Re: servicing, we bought a service pack that is supposed to cover services in years 2 & 3 for £270. My logic was that this meant I wouldn't have to think about it until year 4, by which time lots of independents should be clued-up. However the price has since gone up and I'm no longer certain what is included in the year three service over/above MOT. I probably wouldn't bother if I was buying again.

Make sure you get your type 2 cable and a tyre repair kit (unless you have 19" tyres). Ask them to connect the app to the car for you if they can (apparently with 3.0 you have to do a brief software update first, there will be a notification for it) and if a USB c cable would be useful for your phone, ask them to supply that too (you are supposed to get one but many people don't, you have to ask. Ours is very smart and high quality.)
Thanks Sidehaas and MH. Ok so it sounds like its not worth getting the 3 pin plug as an emergency spare backup, and will probably leave the servicing as well.
Will definitely check the cable is included (untethered Sync EV charger at home so need to have the cars cable), will also ask about the tyre repair kit though and USB C cable (although we have loads of those around but another decent one would be good).
I have got the We Connect ID app already and can now add the car on there but will get the car all setup when at dealers and do the software updates.
Thanks again
Hi Sidehaas,

I think the new ID don't come with tyre repair kit anymore, my Family with East Derry delivered last week does not have one and after reviewing the vehicle equipment on My ID on VW website, it does not list the tyre repair kit as well. I went through the items came with the car last night and can confirm I have the followings:

1.) USB C to lightning cable
2.) Type 2 charging cable
3.) First aid kit, warning triangle and safety vest
3.) Tool kit (which only has the Towing key)

Not sure if everyone has the same experience.

Thanks
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
11.07.22 Delivered
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Alongwait wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:25 am
sidehaas wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:22 am

Agree with MH on the three pin. They're not a good solution for regular charging. We bought a VW cable for £200 with the car as a lot of people recommend having it as a backup, but to be honest it'd be a pretty rubbish backup and I now have confidence in the charging network such that I think it was a waste of money. I can only envisage us using it once per year when visiting my wife's family, but last time we were there we found a free 7kw in a local car park, so maybe not even that. Definitely wouldn't bother buying one with what I know now.

Re: servicing, we bought a service pack that is supposed to cover services in years 2 & 3 for £270. My logic was that this meant I wouldn't have to think about it until year 4, by which time lots of independents should be clued-up. However the price has since gone up and I'm no longer certain what is included in the year three service over/above MOT. I probably wouldn't bother if I was buying again.

Make sure you get your type 2 cable and a tyre repair kit (unless you have 19" tyres). Ask them to connect the app to the car for you if they can (apparently with 3.0 you have to do a brief software update first, there will be a notification for it) and if a USB c cable would be useful for your phone, ask them to supply that too (you are supposed to get one but many people don't, you have to ask. Ours is very smart and high quality.)
Thanks Sidehaas and MH. Ok so it sounds like its not worth getting the 3 pin plug as an emergency spare backup, and will probably leave the servicing as well.
Will definitely check the cable is included (untethered Sync EV charger at home so need to have the cars cable), will also ask about the tyre repair kit though and USB C cable (although we have loads of those around but another decent one would be good).
I have got the We Connect ID app already and can now add the car on there but will get the car all setup when at dealers and do the software updates.
Thanks again
Hi Sidehaas,

I think the new ID don't come with tyre repair kit anymore, my Family with East Derry delivered last week does not have one and after reviewing the vehicle equipment on My ID on VW website, it does not list the tyre repair kit as well. I went through the items came with the car last night and can confirm I have the followings:

Thanks
Neither does myVW list a tyre repair kit for mine, but it came with it, as did all 18" models at the time. I doubt they've changed policy, if they have it's rubbish because you have no way of keeping moving with a puncture in an emergency. It's up to you but I would complain to your dealer, and if they don't cooperate then at least buy yourself a tyre repair kit elsewhere.
(The pump also needs to have a long lead, which the supplied one does, so that it will reach the front tyres from the 12V socket in the boot.)
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

s9bl wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:18 am
s9bl wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:52 pm On the MY23 updates (maybe worth a new thread) - is this a 12" screen I see here on the German configurator? (with and without "Infotainment-Paket Plus")
Looks like you're correct - if you check the details for that option one of the features is "Radio "Ready 2 Discover Max"":

vw2.jpg

There isn't any mention of what that is on the ID3 page from what I can see but in the UK brochure for the ID.Buzz the same option is listed with a 12" screen:

VW.jpg

Worth taking with a pinch of salt as far as the UK market is concerned though I guess.
For those of us still waiting on trims that include that package, either we'll be pleasantly surprised to find a 12" screen, or this will be a "new" package with the same name, but different code on the system.
I'd be very surprised if you and me get this 12" screen. Would be nice though but have this sneaky feeling our cars are part built parked up somewhere.
Do have any info of when to expect delivery? I have zilch.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
CalumLewis

Post by CalumLewis »

Jamie1c wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:47 am I'd be very surprised if you and me get this 12" screen. Would be nice though but have this sneaky feeling our cars are part built parked up somewhere.
I also have a Max on order - one of the cancelled order ones that were made available a couple of months ago via Plan Car Leasing. The dealership have told me that the batch they have on order are definitely not part-built - apparently they would see a 2021 build week if that were the case. Last I heard, which was around 5 weeks ago now, was that the batch of cars they have on order has an 'unconfirmed build week 40' so assuming status 10.

I also doubt the larger screen (or any MY23 upgrades) will apply to the UK Max / Tours built this year, but I'm hoping I can trust the dealership that these will be MY22.5 models that haven't been sat in storage for nearly a year.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

CalumLewis wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:08 am
Jamie1c wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:47 am I'd be very surprised if you and me get this 12" screen. Would be nice though but have this sneaky feeling our cars are part built parked up somewhere.
I also have a Max on order - one of the cancelled order ones that were made available a couple of months ago via Plan Car Leasing. The dealership have told me that the batch they have on order are definitely not part-built - apparently they would see a 2021 build week if that were the case. Last I heard, which was around 5 weeks ago now, was that the batch of cars they have on order has an 'unconfirmed build week 40' so assuming status 10.

I also doubt the larger screen (or any MY23 upgrades) will apply to the UK Max / Tours built this year, but I'm hoping I can trust the dealership that these will be MY22.5 models that haven't been sat in storage for nearly a year.
You're getting more info than what I got. I got told back in February I was status 10 but "apparently" no unconfirmed build week and that's all the info i have to date. This why I rely on guys like yourself for snippets of info. So I hope your dealer is right 😁

I hope ours do come with MY22.5, it'll be a pleasant bonus for the long wait.
Time will tell soon enough.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
s9bl

Post by s9bl »

Jamie1c wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:47 am

vw2.jpg

VW.jpg

I'd be very surprised if you and me get this 12" screen. Would be nice though but have this sneaky feeling our cars are part built parked up somewhere.
From what I understand, the cars that were part built had a confirmed (or even unconfirmed?) build date in 2021, but were stuck in build for a long time with no changes to the build date before randomly turning up. Any orders where the build date keeps changing probably haven't been started yet. Mine recently moved back to status 00 so absolutely no idea when to expect it now.

Fully expecting MY22.5 at a minimum. However, it should also be noted that VW said only orders placed from December 2021 would benefit from the new MY22.5 tech, and all existing orders would only benefit from new seats. However, it turned out all cars built from that date have had the full MY22.5 treatment.

Based on how MY22.5 was handled, and the fact it's likely cheaper to minimise the number of possible variations of trims, I think there is some chance of seeing a 12" screen - though I'm not expecting one.
Last edited by s9bl on Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Max, Glacier White, MY23, Software 3.2
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

sidehaas wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:44 am
Alongwait wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:25 am
Thanks again
Hi Sidehaas,

Thanks
Neither does myVW list a tyre repair kit for mine, but it came with it, as did all 18" models at the time. I doubt they've changed policy, if they have it's rubbish because you have no way of keeping moving with a puncture in an emergency. It's up to you but I would complain to your dealer, and if they don't cooperate then at least buy yourself a tyre repair kit elsewhere.
(The pump also needs to have a long lead, which the supplied one does, so that it will reach the front tyres from the 12V socket in the boot.)
Hi Sidehass,

Thanks for the advise, I contacted the dealership and their response the East Derry wheels come with air stop tyres and in lieu of tool kit and tyre mobility kit. I than further check with the ID3 brochure (link below) to confirm.
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/files/live ... t-p11d.pdf

I may now need to find a tyre repair kit :-)

I keep forgetting to say, when the car arrive the tyres are 42 PSI and require reducing to 36 PSI as per recommendation.

Thanks
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
11.07.22 Delivered
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

The tyres provided with East Derrys are not usually airstops. Certainly up until earlier this year that was only 19 and 20 inch tyres. Maybe they've changed - I would Google your tyre brand and make sure your tyres show the relevant symbol (eg Contiseal or whatever the Bridgestone equivalent is).
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

If you look on the door pillar sticker, the front tyres are 36 psi regardless of the load in the car but the rear tyres are 36 psi if carrying a light load and 41 PSI for a full load.
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

s9bl wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:02 pm
Jamie1c wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:47 am

From what I understand, the cars that were part built had a confirmed (or even unconfirmed?) build date in 2021, but were stuck in build for a long time with no changes to the build date before randomly turning up. Any orders where the build date keeps changing probably haven't been started yet. Mine recently moved back to status 00 so absolutely no idea when to expect it now.

Fully expecting MY22.5 at a minimum. However, it should also be noted that VW said only orders placed from December 2021 would benefit from the new MY22.5 tech, and all existing orders would only benefit from new seats. However, it turned out all cars built from that date have had the full MY22.5 treatment.

Based on how MY22.5 was handled, and the fact it's likely cheaper to minimise the number of possible variations of trims, I think there is some chance of seeing a 12" screen - though I'm not expecting one.
It is some carry on, it really is.
Hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised when the elusive Max arrive.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

Radio silence from dealer for over a month now , just playing the waiting game. 10 months now …..
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Andy1966 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:25 pm Radio silence from dealer for over a month now , just playing the waiting game. 10 months now …..
11 months yesterday for me. Dealer phoned me at the start of July with nothing to add. So yeah, waiting game here too.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Picker1

Post by Picker1 »

Started putting in just £30 of diesel at a time now in hope that I will one of the lucky ones being told out of the blue that my ID.3 is due next week.
I can always live in hope.

Family Pro Performance
White/Derrys
Ordered September 20th 2021 (10 months ago!)
Build date now disappeared on system
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Picker1 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:07 pm Started putting in just £30 of diesel at a time now in hope that I will one of the lucky ones being told out of the blue that my ID.3 is due next week.
I can always live in hope.

Family Pro Performance
White/Derrys
Ordered September 20th 2021 (10 months ago!)
Build date now disappeared on system
Yeah I'm putting £20 petrol in at a time for the same reason. I've a phev just now and mostly run on electric since it's always short journeys and charging is free at the train station next to my house. Can't complain about that.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Gjrosser

Post by Gjrosser »

Utumno, can you please remove me from the spread sheets. I sold it back to the dealer last week. If anyone on here has picked up a white family perfromance from Taunton in the last week, you’re welcome :-)
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Picked mine up today - 8 days from order to collection! OK, it was a cancelled order placed last September - super pleased with the car so far and what a great forum this is too!
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!