Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Dbaron

Post by Dbaron »

Dinsdale wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:23 pm
Andy1966 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:28 am
Casparh wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:05 am

I wonder if VW has booked the factory up for Cupra and Audi until January. It seems slightly strange that all of a sudden we're getting a lot of Jan/Feb/March build dates.
Exactly, too many models being produced when there still is a backlog.....
Yes, that really annoyed me as well. they cant build an ID3 tour as there is a chip shortage and there is a war in Ukraine and Brexit, but they can build any number of 77kwh Cupra Borns with exactly the same looms and chips.
Yup I really don't understand VW's strategy here. Cupra is becoming a cool sporty brand that under cuts VW pricing (higher quality interior, better infotainment screen). Skoda is becoming the true people's car, better practicality, higher quality and cheaper than VW brand. Audi yes more expensive but more up market.

VW brand have lowered quality of interiors, they seem to had to give up lots of production slots to the other brands. It's like Skoda and Cupra etc. are free to do what they want.

The VW brand seems shackled, "no you can't make it more practical, that would compete with Skoda" "no you can't make it sporty, that's not fair on Cupra" "no you can't make it up market, that's not fair on Audi". "Ooo and by the way you need to cut costs of the VW car so we can subsidize other brands, put some naff materials in the cable and fit the smallest screen possible ". "Best give lots of production slots to all the others to keep the others happy, we don't want internal politics "

Yes my comments are a bit over the top and exaggerated. But anyone else get the feeling VAG Group are compromising the VW brand to keep the other brands happy? The other brands know themselves , where VW are losing beginning to forget themselves.

Kwr68

Post by Kwr68 »

Twisted enigma wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:19 pm
Andy1966 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:28 pm

By the way I found the truspilot entry for VW today so feel free to leave a review https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.volkswagen.co.uk ;)
Review done, with the notify VW box checked.

Looked at trust pilot about vw hypocrites paradise to me did some of these people have a test drive . A world pandemic put car makers at the back of the queue , then a war in Ukraine vw and many other car makers had to find other means for wiring harnesses because of that the 10 month wait I had although frustrating I accepted no problem with dealer either .those who have now waited 12 months have genuine grievance and should possibly looking taking there case up with someone other than vw other than that this thread is getting quite toxic
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

The war in Ukraine didn't start until end of February how can that effect an order placed in october? Covid would definitely effect the supply of chips but they new that in october so shouldn't impact the delivery dates which were on average 5 to 6 months. Here we are nearly a year on and still no delivery of vehicle. I doubt you would be saying that if you had to wait 16- 18 months for your vehicle. VW know what they are doing its just the customers don't. Thats the problem.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Kwr68 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:08 pm
Twisted enigma wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:19 pm
Andy1966 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:28 pm

By the way I found the truspilot entry for VW today so feel free to leave a review https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.volkswagen.co.uk ;)
Review done, with the notify VW box checked.

Looked at trust pilot about vw hypocrites paradise to me did some of these people have a test drive . A world pandemic put car makers at the back of the queue , then a war in Ukraine vw and many other car makers had to find other means for wiring harnesses because of that the 10 month wait I had although frustrating I accepted no problem with dealer either .those who have now waited 12 months have genuine grievance and should possibly looking taking there case up with someone other than vw other than that this thread is getting quite toxic
Who do we go to other than VW out of curiosity? I'm 2 days away from a year of my order being confirmed.
I was told back in February that I was status 10 but no unconfirmed build date. Smells like bs to me.

The toxic comments are directed to vw because they started this shit show due to their incompetence. Chip shortage yes, but no way should the situation in Ukraine affect cars ordered in August or any other car ordered in 2021.

People come to this thread to vent about the lack of info and long wait for delivery of their car. They're letting others in the same situation know that they aren't alone in this utter cluster fk of company.

I can guarantee if I phone the garage today I'd get the same regurgitated crap I've been getting all the time and I'm at the point I'd say something i may regret so that's why I won't be phoning them.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

Our dealer has now said we wont get the grant after saying a few weeks ago that we would.
This is something we are fighting back against and I'm sure they are trying to get us to cancel the order.
As others have pointed out on the forum they would then sell the car at an inflated price. I'm sure they have been asked to try this from VW HQ.
I'm not 100% sure but did the dealers receive the government grant when the car was ordered? I'm sure some people will cancel their orders as they can't wait for a car to turn up!
Luckily we can and have decided to wait for the car to actually turn up and then negotiate with the dealership.
VW need to get this sorted out.
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
PaulJohn

Post by PaulJohn »

VW ID.3 Family Pro
Makena Turquoise
Ordered : 8 December 2021
Delivery guide : 9 to 12 months.
Update on 17 August 2022
Build slot : Week 11, 2023
Delivery : 6 to 8 weeks after build.
Therefore Delivery: Early May 2023.
18 months from order to new delivery date.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Andy1966 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:12 am Our dealer has now said we wont get the grant after saying a few weeks ago that we would.
This is something we are fighting back against and I'm sure they are trying to get us to cancel the order.
As others have pointed out on the forum they would then sell the car at an inflated price. I'm sure they have been asked to try this from VW HQ.
I'm not 100% sure but did the dealers receive the government grant when the car was ordered? I'm sure some people will cancel their orders as they can't wait for a car to turn up!
Luckily we can and have decided to wait for the car to actually turn up and then negotiate with the dealership.
The dealer won't receive the grant unless you (the person whose name it was ordered in when the grant was available) takes delivery.
I'm sure there are some unscrupulous dealers, but I understand they are not supposed to sell brand new cars (ie cancelled orders) above RRP, and I have seen quite a few people on the forums pick up such cars at RRP, not above. The ones you see at huge inflated prices all tend to be nearly-new.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

sidehaas wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:55 am
Andy1966 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:12 am Our dealer has now said we wont get the grant after saying a few weeks ago that we would.
The dealer won't receive the grant unless you (the person whose name it was ordered in when the grant was available) takes delivery.
I'm sure there are some unscrupulous dealers, but I understand they are not supposed to sell brand new cars (ie cancelled orders) above RRP, and I have seen quite a few people on the forums pick up such cars at RRP, not above. The ones you see at huge inflated prices all tend to be nearly-new.
True, sadly there are some dodgy dealers that will try this. I imagine when the car industry settles in the next few years prices will level off again. As it is we just found out that they will honour the grant. I think because we made such a stand on this they decided to actually stick to the contact we signed! Now for the long wait.....
Updated build date Wk 50
Order number 31064***
SimmoUK

Post by SimmoUK »

My understanding is that the dealer submits an application for the grant when you order your car.

The grant is only paid once certain information including VIN and registration are provided alongside other info such as baseline price, VAT amount etc.

The 12 month countdown for the grant starts on submission of the application on the government portal. Some dealers/brokers did this as an admin task at the end of each month. This situation may give some of us an extra couple of weeks where the grant will be honoured beyond the order date + 12 months.
Life Pro Performance.
Ordered Nov '21. Delivered Feb '23
Zappi 2. Home Solar/battery.
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

I think the grant being stopped has put a lot of dealers in a difficult position. I think VW will have to support dealerships more over this. The grant was a big incentive for people purchasing the car, to expect customers to then pay this extra amount even with all the problems VW faced is not a good situation as we all signed contracts that say it's part of an agreed price.
After the diesel gate scandal you'd think VW would want to avoid controversy !
Mind you this is effecting all car manufacturers.
Updated build date Wk 50
Order number 31064***
Thagomizer

Post by Thagomizer »

Jaylow wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:35 pm The war in Ukraine didn't start until end of February how can that effect an order placed in october? Covid would definitely effect the supply of chips but they new that in october so shouldn't impact the delivery dates which were on average 5 to 6 months. Here we are nearly a year on and still no delivery of vehicle. I doubt you would be saying that if you had to wait 16- 18 months for your vehicle. VW know what they are doing its just the customers don't. Thats the problem.
It might just be a case of the order components are put into the car plus “Just In Time” delivery of components. Stocks at factories are kept to a minimum as it’s cheaper (no need for warehouses, forklifts and storemen / women), so components are only ordered as and when they can be installed.

If components needed earlier in the build process were delayed, no order for looms would have been placed until those earlier components are available.
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

I understand that but if I placed order in october and they said delivery was scheduled for late march my order should of been built and on its way. There is no reasonable excuse because they knew about the supply chain problems of semi conducters. The war, wiring looms shortages and anything else hadn't happened until 5 months after my order was placed.
Dbaron

Post by Dbaron »

On daily mail, data source Electrifying.com.

Estimated waiting times for 34 of the most popular new electric cars

​Audi e-tron: 18 months

Audi Q4 e-tron: 18 months

​BMW i4: 9-12 months

BMW iX: 3 months

​Citroen e-C4: 3 months

​Cupra Born: 3 months

​DS 3 Crossback E-Tense: 4 months

​Fiat 500e: 5-6 months

​Ford Mustang Mach-E: 9-12 months

​Hyundai Ioniq5: 7 months

Hyundai Kona: 2 months

​Jaguar I - Pace: up to 6 months

​Kia Niro EV: 3-6 months

​Kia EV6: 12-15 months

​Kia Soul: 12 months

​Lexus UX300e: 12 months

​Mazda MX-30: up to six months

​Mini Electric: 6-9 months

​Nissan Leaf: 5 months+

Nissan Ariya: 7 months

Peugeot e208: 6 months

Peugeot e2008: 6 months

​Polestar 2: 6-8 months

​Porsche Taycan: 12 months

Renault Zoe: 3-4 months

​Skoda Enyaq: 18 months

​Tesla Model S: 18-24 months (NO PRODUCTION)

​Tesla Model X: 18-24 months (NO PRODUCTION)

​Tesla Model 3: 6-9 months

Tesla Model Y: 3-6 months

​Vauxhall Corsa-e: 3-4 months

​Vauxhall Mokka-e: 3-4 months

​Volkswagen ID.3: 12-18 months

​Volkswagen ID.4: 7.5 months

Big difference between Id.3 and born.......
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

Dbaron wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:00 pm On daily mail, data source Electrifying.com.

Estimated waiting times for 34 of the most popular new electric cars

​Audi e-tron: 18 months

Audi Q4 e-tron: 18 months

​BMW i4: 9-12 months

BMW iX: 3 months

​Citroen e-C4: 3 months

​Cupra Born: 3 months

​DS 3 Crossback E-Tense: 4 months

​Fiat 500e: 5-6 months

​Ford Mustang Mach-E: 9-12 months

​Hyundai Ioniq5: 7 months

Hyundai Kona: 2 months

​Jaguar I - Pace: up to 6 months

​Kia Niro EV: 3-6 months

​Kia EV6: 12-15 months

​Kia Soul: 12 months

​Lexus UX300e: 12 months

​Mazda MX-30: up to six months

​Mini Electric: 6-9 months

​Nissan Leaf: 5 months+

Nissan Ariya: 7 months

Peugeot e208: 6 months

Peugeot e2008: 6 months

​Polestar 2: 6-8 months

​Porsche Taycan: 12 months

Renault Zoe: 3-4 months

​Skoda Enyaq: 18 months

​Tesla Model S: 18-24 months (NO PRODUCTION)

​Tesla Model X: 18-24 months (NO PRODUCTION)

​Tesla Model 3: 6-9 months

Tesla Model Y: 3-6 months

​Vauxhall Corsa-e: 3-4 months

​Vauxhall Mokka-e: 3-4 months

​Volkswagen ID.3: 12-18 months

​Volkswagen ID.4: 7.5 months

Big difference between Id.3 and born.......
Can only assume the Born will get a lot worse very soon once the initial batch are sold but maybe not.

Got an invoice with a vin and a reg for the car today so assume it's in the country or even at the dealers. Need to wait for the finance to come through from EST transport loans Scotland now.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

Good news dickie boy congratulations.
korky

Post by korky »

mine finally arrived today, not had a full play about yet, but fantastic to drive, also grabbed some free power at tesco
it's automatically set to charge to 100% but is it better to cap it at 80%

id3.jpeg

Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

I would say cap it at 80% if you are using rapid charger if its a free 7 kW charger then charge to 100% you can charge to 100 percent on a rapid if you are going to use 20% right away.
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

If you are going on a trip, 100% on a rapid will be fine I doubt there will be much degradation on the battery.
korky

Post by korky »

no planned long trips but would like to retain 60-80% plus, it's not like filling up with diesel now i guess carrying dead weight
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

korky wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:34 pm no planned long trips but would like to retain 60-80% plus, it's not like filling up with diesel now i guess carrying dead weight
It's good practice to limit it to 80% for daily use and not drop below around 20% (or 40% when it's very cold). However for a longer journey don't worry at all about charging it higher. The thing to avoid is leaving it sat on your drive at 100% for days.
There are no cliff edge effects, it's all just rules of thumb.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.