Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

I personally think VW should ditch the order tracker altogether. The ID.3 is my fifth factory ordered VW in 7 years, and I'll be honest, all it facilitates is frustration. I'm giving it a wide berth.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

andrewparker wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:27 am I personally think VW should ditch the order tracker altogether. The ID.3 is my fifth factory ordered VW in 7 years, and I'll be honest, all it facilitates is frustration. I'm giving it a wide berth.
I thought they had ditched it and that was the issue!!!
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

smuj wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:56 am
sausageroll wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:39 pm
smuj wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:58 pm Then they should be upfront about this instead of “technical issues “. I’ve also lost trust with them.
When have they not been?

Seems to me like it's on your dealer - VW have been talking, and warning about it since Dec/Jan.

Even your order seems like it had a 6 month lead time, so I'm not sure it was made out of ignorance for that fact.
I ordered on 11 July and was given a projected delivery date of mid to late November which is nearer to 4 months. But if I get it in 6, no problem. My dealer gives me two weekly updates which I’m perfectly happy with.

My lack of trust is with VW not my dealer. When they took the tracker down I queried it with VWUK and was told it was only temporary as they were updating their website. Right. They removed the text updates too without any explanation. Maybe they are also updating their text messaging system. We all know why they are down,why not say it.

Anyway, my trust in VW disappeared before the current crises. Probably totally went with dieselgate. Although I do think that other car manufacturers were happy to see VW take all the flack as I can’t believe they were the only ones at it.

And, before you ask, I’ve stuck with VW since the early nineties because I really like their cars, I don’t think that other manufacturers are any better (profit trumps all), and I’ve always had a good relation with my dealer, although not perfect.
I ordered the same week and was told "probably December, but don't expect anything anytime soon".

When I asked for the order number, I was told "don't expect much from it, as it's only representative and not of any use considering the problems in the industry".

I don't particularly blame VW for not giving accurate updates for a process that is mostly unreliable and chaotic considering the supply chain. Granted, they could tell you what they can - e.g. if it's been built, or planned to be built, at any given moment - but customers will probably climb the walls if they know their car is built and sat around waiting for a spot on a ship.

As noted, I don't think there's a single manufacturer out there doing anything different to VW - past or present. It would be different if the industry were working as normal, and VW were just disorganised, but it isn't the case.
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

I don't think VW are any better or any worse than other manufacturers at the moment. Before settling on my decision to buy an id3, I have looked at other EVs including the MINI Electric and the Mokka E.

I have just received a follow-up email from my local MINI dealer advising me that should I wish to order, the waiting time is currently around 6 - 7 months. And with Vauxhall, it was an approximately 4-month wait when i enquired in August. In fact the Vauxhall dealer said that all of their range was experiencing extended delivery times, and he had a customer who at that stage had been waiting over a year for a couple of small vans. The supply of semiconductors is going to remain an on-going issue for quite some time unfortunately. The average car has somewhere between 50-1000 of these per vehicle, and I'm sure our id3s are towards the higher end of that figure.
joshgiova

Post by joshgiova »

Good news! My ID3 has arrived at dealer today, collecting Saturday. I seem to of got quite lucky compared to others here.
Order Placed (3124xxxx) - 2nd July 21
Build Week - 34 w/c 23rd August 21
Arrived at Emden - 20th September 21
Released to shipping - 4th October 21
Shipped to UK - 6th October 21
Arrived in the UK - 8th October 21
At Dealer - 18th October 21
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

joshgiova wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:09 pm Good news! My ID3 has arrived at dealer today, collecting Saturday. I seem to of got quite lucky compared to others here.
Looks like you picked up on an order already placed.
Enjoy your collection.👍
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

joshgiova wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:09 pm Good news! My ID3 has arrived at dealer today, collecting Saturday. I seem to of got quite lucky compared to others here.

Fantastic news! Think you may have got lucky with an already ordered car or maybe someone else’s cancellation. Regardless, congrats and I hope you enjoy the car!!
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
joshgiova

Post by joshgiova »

I do think there was probably a big surge in orders in July, with the price drop on the 1st and then all the advertising during the Euros also.
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Utumno wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:47 pm
Fantastic news! Think you may have got lucky with an already ordered car or maybe someone else’s cancellation. Regardless, congrats and I hope you enjoy the car!!
Congratulations! Lucky indeed. Ordered 4 weeks after you and delivery has now slipped from mid January to late February and I don't expect to see it until sometime in March or even April...
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Honestly I have a horrible feeling that I’m not going to see our Tour until next year as well. SWMBO is going to do her nut if that’s the case.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

I believe I'm looking at possibly late December, at time of ordering it was late September.
Currently its like watching paint dry. 😀
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Utumno wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:35 pm Honestly I have a horrible feeling that I’m not going to see our Tour until next year as well. SWMBO is going to do her nut if that’s the case.
I think you've got a good chance of seeing it this year if your build week started two weeks ago! Have you had any further updates? Fingers crossed for you anyway 🤞🏼
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

ksoni94 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:48 pm
Utumno wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:35 pm Honestly I have a horrible feeling that I’m not going to see our Tour until next year as well. SWMBO is going to do her nut if that’s the case.
I think you've got a good chance of seeing it this year if your build week started two weeks ago! Have you had any further updates? Fingers crossed for you anyway 🤞🏼

Not a sausage. VW Live Chat blew me off with their “technical problems” nonsense and my dealer hasn’t got back to me yet (though he often takes a few days to wake up). Another forum member went into build the week before us and is in a similar spot.

Fingers crossed indeed.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Yes that was mine but alas still no further on. I will say dealers find it very hard getting information. VW communications are a lot to be desired.
There are forum members stating their dealers are reporting delays in build week.
The last time I was on chat with VW (when they gave updates) they stated to me that my vehicle could be in build stage for up to 4 weeks but someone reported this was now 6 weeks. So 8f you get a built a week it means diddly-squat.
joshgiova

Post by joshgiova »

Mine didn’t get built in its “confirmed” build week, it ended up being built 2 weeks later.
BeesKnees

Post by BeesKnees »

Dealer has told me they currently cannot get any information on my car. VW chat wont tell me anythin either.

None of this adds up, but I'm resigned to it now being next year.
Life Pro with tow hook Stonewashed Blue
Ordered July , provisional build week 40/41, now 43. Confirmed 45
Order No 3136****
TimF

Post by TimF »

There seems to be at least some luck involved in actual delivery times. We've now got our turquoise Life Pro 145PS 58kWh with Assistance Pack. Key dates and events:

June: visit dealer, test drive, chats, decide model, options, etc. Advised lead time now ~20 weeks from order, meaning delivery in mid-November.
June 28, order placed and deposit paid
August 3, order has "confirmed" production week of 34 (ie starting Aug 23), but "factory is running around 8 weeks behind", suggesting "production around middle of October and delivery maybe mid November".
September 18, notified car has "completed production and is in transit from the factory", expected in UK sometime in October.
September 23, notified car is "now at the port in Emden"
October 1:2 Malacca Highway ships car from Emden to Sheerness (thanks for the pointers, Newfie!)
October 8, car arrives at dealer

A slightly pessimistic estimate of delivery time is probably a Good Thing, but even the dealer seemed surprised that the car arrived so far ahead of the initial estimate.

Apparently, new customers are being told to expect delivery times of 5 months.

As used to be advised in newsgroup days on Usenet "YMMV" - your mileage may vary - ie my experience is not necessarily a guide to what you will find. Even so, it might be helpful to those currently waiting or considering buying.

Now my wife and I need to take some time to get all the various bits of tech / apps talking to one another, AND to understand how to navigate them all!
zimmerman

Post by zimmerman »

Last week, one dealer told me a 26 week wait and another suggested it was 40 weeks.
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Looking like 40 weeks for us, and we ordered 4th August, our date went from Nov delivery to Jan now not being produced until week 10 2022, so will be at least May before we get it.

So around 42 weeks from initial order
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

zimmerman wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:44 am Last week, one dealer told me a 26 week wait and another suggested it was 40 weeks.
My dealer said yesterday that VW were quoting "26+" weeks, so pretty opened ended!
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten