Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
DeeSyfor

Post by DeeSyfor »

sidehaas wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:39 pm Picked up this morning!
MY22 as expected. Conti tyres, We connect ID linked successfully and so far everything is working :) Heated seats and wheel are really powerful.
Best of luck to all of you still waiting - and especially Utumno for your work on the spreadsheet!PXL_20220118_094329452.MP.jpg
It looks amazing, enjoy! 😁

eirofarr

Post by eirofarr »

Utumno if you would like to add us to the list feel free;

Order was placed 29th July 2021
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Mangenese Grey)
Dealer - Stourbridge VW
I have to say, I've not checked anything, but all credit to the dealer, they send me updates every month. currently the build is scheduled for week 04.
Not long now
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

eirofarr wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:10 pm Utumno if you would like to add us to the list feel free;

Order was placed 29th July 2021
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Mangenese Grey)
Dealer - Stourbridge VW
I have to say, I've not checked anything, but all credit to the dealer, they send me updates every month. currently the build is scheduled for week 04.
Not long now

Added! Thanks, and I hope your vehicle arrives soon 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Smitten wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:02 pm All your hard work is really appreciated and the data gathered in the spreadsheet is a really useful tool. My leasing guy said I was able to give him more information than the VW dealer did! The data in the spreadsheet gives a snapshot of UK wide orders as well so we can see trends that individual dealers probably can't.

You're very kind, and 😂 at your leasing guy.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

tomstring

Post by tomstring »

Thanks for the updates everyone. Out of interest how often should I be hassling my dealer? I was thinking monthly. Thanks
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

tomstring wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:56 am Thanks for the updates everyone. Out of interest how often should I be hassling my dealer? I was thinking monthly. Thanks
I didn't speak to mine for 3 months after I ordered. I'll probably leave it the same amount of time again until I next contact them.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

tomstring wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:56 am Thanks for the updates everyone. Out of interest how often should I be hassling my dealer? I was thinking monthly. Thanks
Depends what the status of your car is? If it's Status 20 onwards (at the factory) then nothing wrong with asking for an update every 2 weeks.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
DeeSyfor

Post by DeeSyfor »

Hi Utumno,
Wee update on mine. Dealer says it has gone back a stage; it was showing status 20 and is now at status 10. He reckons April delivery, but I'll not hold my breath 😆
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

DeeSyfor wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:16 pm Hi Utumno,
Wee update on mine. Dealer says it has gone back a stage; it was showing status 20 and is now at status 10. He reckons April delivery, but I'll not hold my breath 😆

Did I miss a build week update from you as well ? Sorry if I have; a couple of folks PM'd me with info I'd missed in the recent torrent, it's hard to keep up!

Latest I have on the spreddy is wk48/2021 and you can't possibly be at status 10 with a week48/2021 vehicle. If they moved you from 20 to 10 I'd expect you to have a "future" build week allocated.

Which also means, if you have a 2022 build week, you'll likely be receiving an MY22.5...
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

Despite having been told on 29/12 my car was in the country, today I am advised it is held "together with 15,000 others" at quality control at the factory. To say I am not amused is an understatement: I don't take kindly to being lied to.

As for this huge parking lot of zombie cars......I call B/S.
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

Just spoken with my dealer. October order still not accepted by the factory. They have now projected delivery in September but this based on nothing firm. Their response was as follows:

I am sorry we still don’t have a update. We have updated in line with the factory lead times as of today. This could change either way.

So I now I need to decide whether to splash the cash on the charger before the grant goes or hold back in the vain hope that installation costs don't actually change much.
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
SunithM

Post by SunithM »

Up the jumper wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:11 pm Despite having been told on 29/12 my car was in the country, today I am advised it is held "together with 15,000 others" at quality control at the factory. To say I am not amused is an understatement: I don't take kindly to being lied to.

As for this huge parking lot of zombie cars......I call B/S.
Quality control is where I've been told my car is as well, although the woman I spoke to said she didn't know if that meant it was still waiting parts that needed semiconductors, or if it still needed a final check. So nobody outside of the factory seems to have a clue really.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance in Manganese Grey
Ordered 19-Jul-2021
Order no 31384xxx
Cancelled 15-Feb-2022 with car stuck in limbo
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

It seems the factory are mostly clueless too...
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Oh to be a fly on the wall at Zwickau! You do wonder what a 15 week "build" actually looks like on a moving production line :roll:

I wonder if cars go on the production line and then off again to await completion in some mega parking lot as mentioned above or if the "build" is mostly an administrative exercise of shuffling component orders until all the boxes are ticked for a particular batch of car orders, all components are in stock or in transit and then the actual build is done in one day from start to finish...
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

I posted a couple of days ago that mine had suddenly materialised at a UK port, arriving on 10 January apparently. Given the bad news others are still getting I hesitate to post a cheerful update, but maybe it gives balance and offers hope to some.

The leasing company didn’t seem to know when the dealer would receive it but it seems it’s already there because I have just been told to expect delivery next Monday 24th! OK it’s been a 6 month wait, triple what I was originally told, but in the current climate this definitely counts as leap-around-the-room good news!

Interestingly I had been called earlier by someone else to give me an update that the dealer was due to receive the car on 14 February. I told her this was incorrect and she said she had got the information from the (VW I think) system. So as we have seen before, the system itself doesn’t know what is going on, and this does create the possibility of nice surprises as well as the disappointing ones. Good luck, everyone.
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Smitten wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:52 pm Oh to be a fly on the wall at Zwickau! You do wonder what a 15 week "build" actually looks like on a moving production line :roll:

I wonder if cars go on the production line and then off again to await completion in some mega parking lot as mentioned above or if the "build" is mostly an administrative exercise of shuffling component orders until all the boxes are ticked for a particular batch of car orders, all components are in stock or in transit and then the actual build is done in one day from start to finish...
The article in the other thread says the factory produces 1,200 cars a day = 8,400 cars per week = 126,000 cars over a 15 week build period. That’s one mighty parking lot!
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Ah no, if they're starting to bring status 20 cars back to status 10 (supposedly cars in the middle of build) then you truly can't trust anything until your car is at the dealers. That's quite poor. Regardless of the semi conductor shortage it means VW have not been entirely truthful when pushing updates to the system or have got something terribly wrong.
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

If the production process is taking up to 15 weeks, the cars must be going on and off the lines several times, as well as being parked-up for extended periods. When I visited the MINI plant in Oxford, the timescale was normally - 24 hours for the bots to build a shell, then its around 2 days to go through paint, then once it hits the production line, that's less than 12 hours 'till they drive it off the end of the line! As I have mentioned previously, with my current MINI (admittedly built pre-COVID and pre-chip shortage), I placed the order the first week of March, the car was built the third week of March, and I drove it away from the dealer in Hampshire on April 2. Four weeks from placing the order to delivery, and driving the car away from the dealer approximately 10 days after it left the production line.
I'm beginning to worry if my 'new' id3 spends around three months sitting around in some giant car park - as well as perhaps a couple of months in transit, it will hardly be a new car. Having seen how modern cars are normally produced, all of this constant 'on and off' production over a period of more than three months sounds to me like a recipe for disaster. Faults and mistakes are almost guaranteed to be 'baked in' using this process. Could this be part of the reason that so many issues are being reported?
The id3 is a wonderful car, and I'm probably worrying too much, but when I do eventually get an indication of the build and delivery dates I will need to have a long hard think.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Smitten wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:52 pm Oh to be a fly on the wall at Zwickau!
I see Fully Charged have a YouTube video from their tour of Zwickau going on the channel at 5pm tomorrow. Should have got Jack to ask someone what the hell was going on!
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
DeeSyfor

Post by DeeSyfor »

Utumno wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:39 pm
DeeSyfor wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:16 pm Hi Utumno,

Did I miss a build week update from you as well ? Sorry if I have; a couple of folks PM'd me with info I'd missed in the recent torrent, it's hard to keep up!

Latest I have on the spreddy is wk48/2021 and you can't possibly be at status 10 with a week48/2021 vehicle. If they moved you from 20 to 10 I'd expect you to have a "future" build week allocated.

Which also means, if you have a 2022 build week, you'll likely be receiving an MY22.5...
No I don't think you missed anything. Sounds like I was code 20 build week (2021) 48 last year, but am now code 10. He didn't give an anticipated 2022 build week, only a likely April delivery. Who knows! 🤷‍♀️