Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

I tend to need someone else to watch the Fully Charged videos these days. The sycophancy so often embedded in their skits makes me a bit bilious πŸ˜‚
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

DeeSyfor wrote: ↑Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:04 pm
Utumno wrote: ↑Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:39 pm
DeeSyfor wrote: ↑Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:16 pm Hi Utumno,
Wee update on mine. Dealer says it has gone back a stage; it was showing status 20 and is now at status 10. He reckons April delivery, but I'll not hold my breath πŸ˜†

Did I miss a build week update from you as well ? Sorry if I have; a couple of folks PM'd me with info I'd missed in the recent torrent, it's hard to keep up!

Latest I have on the spreddy is wk48/2021 and you can't possibly be at status 10 with a week48/2021 vehicle. If they moved you from 20 to 10 I'd expect you to have a "future" build week allocated.

Which also means, if you have a 2022 build week, you'll likely be receiving an MY22.5...
No I don't think you missed anything. Sounds like I was code 20 build week (2021) 48 last year, but am now code 10. He didn't give an anticipated 2022 build week, only a likely April delivery. Who knows! πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Sounds like your dealer didn’t want to share the (probably terrifying) status 10 date with you !
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Uphamid3 wrote: ↑Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:17 pm If the production process is taking up to 15 weeks, the cars must be going on and off the lines several times, as well as being parked-up for extended periods. When I visited the MINI plant in Oxford, the timescale was normally - 24 hours for the bots to build a shell, then its around 2 days to go through paint, then once it hits the production line, that's less than 12 hours 'till they drive it off the end of the line! As I have mentioned previously, with my current MINI (admittedly built pre-COVID and pre-chip shortage), I placed the order the first week of March, the car was built the third week of March, and I drove it away from the dealer in Hampshire on April 2. Four weeks from placing the order to delivery, and driving the car away from the dealer approximately 10 days after it left the production line.
I'm beginning to worry if my 'new' id3 spends around three months sitting around in some giant car park - as well as perhaps a couple of months in transit, it will hardly be a new car. Having seen how modern cars are normally produced, all of this constant 'on and off' production over a period of more than three months sounds to me like a recipe for disaster. Faults and mistakes are almost guaranteed to be 'baked in' using this process. Could this be part of the reason that so many issues are being reported?
The id3 is a wonderful car, and I'm probably worrying too much, but when I do eventually get an indication of the build and delivery dates I will need to have a long hard think.
I don't believe that a big enough space for over 100,000 cars exists if we think about 1200 being produced per day. I am sure that would be visible from space! More likely is that the "build" is actually just an admin process so juggling component orders from a global supply chain and then manufacturing slots that culminates in 24 hours on the production line.
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

When you look at the figures smitten, I think you must be right! 😊 Thank you for pointing this out - that’s actually quite reassuring, I’ve always been a β€˜numpty’ when it comes to figures!
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

The article did say 1200 is the current 100% maximum It's not the amount that is being produced, but the amount that could be theoretically produced.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
eirofarr

Post by eirofarr »

I've been to a lot of car factories, not for the ID3, but a lot of the others, Smitten is right, typically the build time for a car on the production line is only 24 hours from the point that the metal is stamped to the car rolling off the line, everything before that is scheduling, planning and co-ordination with the supply chain.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

eirofarr wrote: ↑Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:15 pm I've been to a lot of car factories, not for the ID3, but a lot of the others, Smitten is right, typically the build time for a car on the production line is only 24 hours from the point that the metal is stamped to the car rolling off the line, everything before that is scheduling, planning and co-ordination with the supply chain.

Counterpoint; my Tour has been "in build" since 4-October-2021 according to the manufacturer's dealership.

Or 2520 hours, not 24 hours, if you prefer.

Pretty sure the wheels have come off the "scheduling, planning and co-ordination with the supply chain" bit πŸ˜‚
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

May be it is not only the chips, components may also be delayed. What is the point to increase the production, when the parts not ready and the car can be actually built!

A bit frustrate for all these delays to be honest! If VW cannot have good estimates from order to delivery in the first place, there should be a penalty on very weeks from the delivery date advised to customer and ban them from taking new orders!

A little bit of integrity on what they committed when taking the order!

In the end, it is always the customer losing out!
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
soupdragon

Post by soupdragon »

Alongwait wrote: ↑Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:34 pm May be it is not only the chips, components may also be delayed. What is the point to increase the production, when the parts not ready and the car can be actually built!

A bit frustrate for all these delays to be honest! If VW cannot have good estimates from order to delivery in the first place, there should be a penalty on very weeks from the delivery date advised to customer and ban them from taking new orders!

A little bit of integrity on what they committed when taking the order!

In the end, it is always the customer losing out!
Love the user name :D

As I understand it, VW had some issues in November with the Zwickau plant and had to halt production, but its full steam ahead since then. They seem to be prioritising EV's and that plant is all systems go. Fully charged show were in Germany a short time ago doing a long range trip in an ID4 and mentioned in the video about going for a walk around the factory. I contacted the show to ask if they are doing a video on the plant and they said yes - so that video will be out any day now (in fact, its either yesterday or today it comes out if I remember right)

Maybe...(maybe) we'll get a bit of insight to production when the video is up
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey East Derry Alloys :D
Order No 3150xxxx :)
Ordered around middle of October 2021 :?
Build date still unknown - due wk38 then email from dealer to say it will be delayed further than this :oops:
djs123

Post by djs123 »

Reading between the lines and referencing the tracker it seems to me that VW are prioritising 58Kwh models to benefit economies of scale on the battery supply chain Leaving my poverty spec 45Kwh Life model and Higher spec 77Kwh models on the side lines. As an aside I just received an email from my dealer this morning telling me to "Beat The Queue and Order Your New 22 Reg Car Now", surely that should be 72 reg. or even 23..
110Kw Life Pure Performance 45KWh, Moonstone Grey , Order No 3137xxx
11/7/21 Ordered ( Pulman VW Durham )
25/7/21 Code 10 from Dealer
22/11/21 Code 20 from Dealer
31/01/22 Code 30
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Stable Vehicle Contracts are still stating March/April delivery on ID models :lol:
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
BeesKnees

Post by BeesKnees »

Car has finally reached the dealerships inspection yard, I collect next Thursday 27th Jan.

The wait is almost over, fingers crossed for the rest who have waited as long as me.
Life Pro with tow hook Stonewashed Blue
Ordered July , provisional build week 40/41, now 43. Confirmed 45
Order No 3136****
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Hemming91 wrote: ↑Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:57 am Stable Vehicle Contracts are still stating March/April delivery on ID models :lol:
Did they say which year though ? Sounds sensible for 2023 to me.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Utumno wrote: ↑Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:00 pm
eirofarr wrote: ↑Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:15 pm I've been to a lot of car factories, not for the ID3, but a lot of the others, Smitten is right, typically the build time for a car on the production line is only 24 hours from the point that the metal is stamped to the car rolling off the line, everything before that is scheduling, planning and co-ordination with the supply chain.

Counterpoint; my Tour has been "in build" since 4-October-2021 according to the manufacturer's dealership.

Or 2520 hours, not 24 hours, if you prefer.

Pretty sure the wheels have come off the "scheduling, planning and co-ordination with the supply chain" bit πŸ˜‚
Keep an eye out in the forthcoming Fully Charged video from Zwickau - you may see it with no wheels standing on bricks in the background! Or maybe its like Ground Hog Day on the production line with half finished cars just going back to the beginning and endlessly circulating ;)
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Jamesv12

Post by Jamesv12 »

Just received this today from my dealer, clearly still showing 2021 wk40...nothing happening there then.

ID3 Order Screen.jpg

DAF1D3

Post by DAF1D3 »

My info for the tracker got missed from a previous post.

Order 3153XXXX
4th Nov 2021
Family Pro
Delivery expected April 2022 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Inchcape via Tusker company scheme

I’ve contacted Inchcape twice. First time after ordering told to expect an update in Jan. Contacted in Jan told no info likely until March when build date will be firmed up (or not) for April delivery.
ID3 Family 145
Order 4th Nov 2021
Order no. 3153XXXX
Expected delivery mid-April
Update 17/04/22 with dealer early June
Update 18/04/22 not even a build date in the system
bbardsley

Post by bbardsley »

darknite1 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:04 pm
bbardsley wrote: ↑Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:53 pm So I've just spoken to our dealer, we now have an unconfirmed build week of Week 39. Lex Autolease told us it would be here when we needed it for the 1st October... It's only just going to have been built by then...

We got a 'steal' of a deal compared to current market offers, so it looks like we'll have to negotiate keeping our current vehicle longer to tie us over.

I'm assuming that as it's being built so late in the year, we'll definitely have the latest specification and model year. *fingers crossed*
So you could be looking at delivery late December / January 2023??? Based on your order date 16+ months???
Something ridiculous like that, we've cancelled the order and are reassessing due to the looming increase in electricity costs.
Ordered 17/08/21: ID.3 Tour | Glacier White
Unconfirmed Build Week 39 (2022)
Cancelled 18/01/22
youkaydee

Post by youkaydee »

Jamesv12 wrote: ↑Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:06 am Just received this today from my dealer, clearly still showing 2021 wk40...nothing happening there then.

ID3 Order Screen.jpg
At least your dealer is keeping you in the loop. My dealer is refusing to share the screenshot claiming that it is not legal! Seriously it is same company. Why the dealers are behaving like this I have no clue.
ID.3 107KW Family Pro 58kWh 5dr Auto
Order Date 11/08/2021
MY 22 ! Should be 22.5 but the dealer says 22.
Current Build Week 202235
Status Code 10
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Jamesv12 wrote: ↑Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:06 am Just received this today from my dealer, clearly still showing 2021 wk40...nothing happening there then.

ID3 Order Screen.jpg

You and I holding the door open still πŸ˜‚
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

DAF1D3 wrote: ↑Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:30 am My info for the tracker got missed from a previous post.

Order 3153XXXX
4th Nov 2021
Family Pro
Delivery expected April 2022 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Inchcape via Tusker company scheme

I’ve contacted Inchcape twice. First time after ordering told to expect an update in Jan. Contacted in Jan told no info likely until March when build date will be firmed up (or not) for April delivery.

Sorry @DAF1D3 ! Details all on the tracker now. It's hard to keep up with the volume of changes at the moment; if anyone has any updates I miss in this flow please accept my apologies in advance and don't hesitate to drop me a DM.
Tesla Model Y Long Range