All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Welcome to Team Manganese.

You have been assimilated.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)

smuj

Post by smuj »

Newfie wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:50 pm Just had an email from my dealer and my Tour has been built and has left the factory. Now have the VIN but its not a MY22.5. Not that disappointed in that too much.
At least it is out the factory.
Great news. Same build week as me. Mine left the factory a couple of weeks ago but all quiet since then. Probably sitting at the docks for a few weeks yet.
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

smuj wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:11 pm
Newfie wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:50 pm Just had an email from my dealer and my Tour has been built and has left the factory. Now have the VIN but its not a MY22.5. Not that disappointed in that too much.
Great news. Same build week as me. Mine left the factory a couple of weeks ago but all quiet since then. Probably sitting at the docks for a few weeks yet.
Hi Smuj.
If you're down south there is a ship currently in Emden heading for Sheerness. Hopefully yours shall be landing in the UK very soon.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
smuj

Post by smuj »

:shock:
Newfie wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:14 pm
Hi Smuj.
If you're down south there is a ship currently in Emden heading for Sheerness. Hopefully yours shall be landing in the UK very soon.
Sorry, wilds of Herefordshire so not sure which port here in the UK.
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

smuj wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:17 pm :shock:
Newfie wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:14 pm

Hi Smuj.
Sorry, wilds of Herefordshire so not sure which port here in the UK.
Good chance that would come under Sheerness, so fingers crossed mate.
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Great news!! Fingers crossed for a 2021 delivery for you! 🤞🏼
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

ksoni94 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:25 pm
Great news!! Fingers crossed for a 2021 delivery for you! 🤞🏼
Cheers
Just been speaking to my dealer and as long as no further hold ups it is doable. Just will have to see how it pans out.
BeesKnees

Post by BeesKnees »

Pleased for you Newfie, makes me think that I might get some good news soon.
Life Pro with tow hook Stonewashed Blue
Ordered July , provisional build week 40/41, now 43. Confirmed 45
Order No 3136****
JCB

Post by JCB »

Another entry for the spreadsheet.

I ordered an ID.3 Family Pro Performance on the 17th of August, the order number was 31377xxx and I was given a week 38 build date - the car was built on time, but didn't have the necessary chips, so sat around in Germany until the last week. It arrived in Grimsby on the 20th of November and I'm due to pick it up on Monday the 29th. (hurrah!)

Also, on my finance agreement the car is now listed as a 62Kw?!
Last edited by JCB on Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

JCB wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:49 pm Another entry for the spreadsheet.

I ordered an ID.3 Family Pro Performance on the 17th of August, the order number was 31377xxx and I was given a week 38 build date - the car was built on time, but didn't have the necessary chips, so sat around in Germany until the last week. It arrived in Grimsby on the 20th of November and I'm due to pick it up on Monday the 29th. (hurrah!)

Interestingly I notice my order number seems to be lower than some of those taken in July?
Could have maybe been a cancelled order that you took on? Or do you know if it was a fresh factory order?
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
JCB

Post by JCB »

ksoni94 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:50 pm

Interestingly I notice my order number seems to be lower than some of those taken in July?
Could have maybe been a cancelled order that you took on? Or do you know if it was a fresh factory order?
I spec'd the colour and accessories, so it was definitely a new order - possibly the 'build-slot' had been cancelled by a previous customer? (this is just blind-guesswork though)
BeesKnees

Post by BeesKnees »

JCB wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:49 pm Also, on my finance agreement the car is now listed as a 62Kw?!
That's correct, but only 58kW is made available for use
Life Pro with tow hook Stonewashed Blue
Ordered July , provisional build week 40/41, now 43. Confirmed 45
Order No 3136****
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

ksoni94 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:50 pm

Added, and thanks for the info ! Your order number is within 7000 cars of my order number, so maybe there's hope for me getting the Tour in January after all (I've written December off !)
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

There’s hope for my Family Pro Performance with a few options ordered 15 Aug number 3152**** by March by the sound of things then (?)
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

tomstring wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:19 pm There’s hope for my Family Pro Performance with a few options ordered 15 Aug number 3152**** by March by the sound of things then (?)
Not sure how you'd assume that?

July orders are taking 6 months, so the later orders will, in theory be increasingly worse.

August to March is 6-7 months (not even taking into account the christmas/new year shutdown) - I'd assume nearer April/May, unless they all of a sudden fix things in that time.
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

Hi tomstring,

Looking at your order no. 3152xxx for an August order seems a bit high, for your reference ordered on last week of September and the order no. is 3147xxxx. The dealer say will be delivered in March / April, it is for my Dad’s 75th birthday present, hopefully he got it before his birthday!

Thanks
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

I was told my order was initially on a waitlist (whether that’s true or not I’ve no idea). Really hoping to get before my existing car is 3 years old on 30th April as it gets a bit complicated after that. Thanks everyone.
ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

ChrisM wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:29 pm
EVOWNER101 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:22 pm Good to hear that some people are able to place an order after 1st November and get an order number so know they are “in the system”. We are still awaiting Heritage Gloucester to place the order on VW so as to get our order into the system. Sure they have their reasons and the sales person is really nice. Although the end of June 22 date they quoted for a delivery estimate is certainly looking iffy. Only time will tell.
Hi EVOwner101. I placed my order for an ID.3 Life Pro with Heritage Gloucester on 17/11/21 with an estimated delivery date of 11/7/22. If you don't yet have your factory order number, I guess I shouldn't expect mine yet..
I ordered from the same dealership around the same time but in October. My estimated delivery date is the end of April.

This is the interesting thing… I enquired about changing a option and I was told that’s ok. Then I asked about changing the model from Life to Family and he advised me against it. He said that the car I’ve ordered was one they probably ordered for stock month ago and they have changed the factory order to meet my spec because they still haven’t built it yet. He said if I changed from life to family it would probably take at least a mont more to deliver.

I’ve got several factory options on my order so I can’t see a reason for him to make that up… plus I was actually trying to spend more!
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

tomstring wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:43 pm I was told my order was initially on a waitlist (whether that’s true or not I’ve no idea). Really hoping to get before my existing car is 3 years old on 30th April as it gets a bit complicated after that. Thanks everyone.

The “waitlist” makes sense. Looks like your dealer didn’t order your car until it had allocation to do so, and it looks like that’s taken several weeks after the point of your order to actually get ordered at the factory. Which means you’ve got an unusually high order number compared to your order date.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

tomstring wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:19 pm There’s hope for my Family Pro Performance with a few options ordered 15 Aug number 3152**** by March by the sound of things then (?)
Interesting... My order number is 3151xxxx but I got confirmed order 26/10/21? Maybe I got a cancelled order slot?
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!