Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

Just been speaking to dealer. No change on my order (sadly) but he did say that they had today received a number of cars at their PDI centre which were still shown as status 20 on their system...........so even more chaotic than it appears.....
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.

ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Up the jumper wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:50 pm Just been speaking to dealer. No change on my order (sadly) but he did say that they had today received a number of cars at their PDI centre which were still shown as status 20 on their system...........so even more chaotic than it appears.....
As in there are cars that are showing as not built yet in the system, just suddenly turning up to the dealership all built and ready to go? :shock:
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

ksoni94 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:28 pm
Up the jumper wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:50 pm Just been speaking to dealer. No change on my order (sadly) but he did say that they had today received a number of cars at their PDI centre which were still shown as status 20 on their system...........so even more chaotic than it appears.....
As in there are cars that are showing as not built yet in the system, just suddenly turning up to the dealership all built and ready to go? :shock:
Don’t, ksoni94. You know what they say: the despair I can handle, it’s the hope that gets you…
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

MattgID3 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:26 pm I had park assist on my skoda superb and only ever used it as a gimmick. The camera is way more useful.
Looking at the Touareg (Video below) it might be more useful as you use it outside of the car. From the looks of the "intelligent parking with memory", you can park outside your door to unload shopping and then send the car back to your driveway without sitting in it. That's certainly more useful than just "easy parallel parking".

Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Chris_Shep

Post by Chris_Shep »

mediaguy wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:11 pm
Chris_Shep wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:45 pm I'm also thinking of adding the Assistant Pack Plus, primarily because I'd like to add the Park Assist to my Life Pro order. However I see that the My22.5 product changes say you only get this update if you order after 1st Dec which coincides with the price rise. I ordered early October but am still on VW Code 00 so no build week guess yet. Does anyone know it this is the case ie order before 1st Dec and you don't get the park Assist with Assistance Pack?
The email I got from my dealer suggested that you can ask for it, but it goes in as a new order. So would be post Dec 1 order, but back of the queue, reduced contribution, higher API, base price rise.
Ok Thanks, that's a pity but what I feared!
Ordered (07/10/2021) : ID.3 Life Pro 58kWh Moonstone Grey, Order # 31497xxx
Unconfirmed Build Weeks: 22 --> 36 --> 37 --> 38 --> 37--> 47.
Car actually built in week 34. Build to collection: 6 weeks
Collected Car 5th Oct 2022 :D
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

Exactly that. Not just EVs.....all not updated since build start......but arrived at dealer.
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Up the jumper wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:51 pm
Exactly that. Not just EVs.....all not updated since build start......but arrived at dealer.
Oh Christ what a plot twist :lol:
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

🤦‍♂️
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
murfmac

Post by murfmac »

Newfie wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:18 am
murfmac wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:05 am
Not sure if East Yorkshire also get supplied by the port of Tyne,
We here in East Yorkshire are supplied from Grimsby as its only the other side of the Humber. I would imaging the City of St Petersburg is going to Grimsby as out of the 3 ports Grimsby is usually the busiest out of the three. Sheerness and Tyne do get the bigger ships as Grimsby is served by the smaller Highway and the City of ships.
The ship City of StPetersburg has left Emden heading to Grimsby then onto Tyne according to the ship tracker!
Ordered 28/07/2021
Order number - 31417***
Tour Pro S 77kW
Moonstone
Build week 39
Status 20 up to 23rd November
Status 30 - November 24th
Status 38 - 6th December
Status 40 - 19th December
Picked Up 12th January
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

murfmac wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:32 pm
Newfie wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:18 am
murfmac wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:05 am
Not sure if East Yorkshire also get supplied by the port of Tyne,
We here in East Yorkshire are supplied from Grimsby as its only the other side of the Humber. I would imaging the City of St Petersburg is going to Grimsby as out of the 3 ports Grimsby is usually the busiest out of the three. Sheerness and Tyne do get the bigger ships as Grimsby is served by the smaller Highway and the City of ships.
The ship City of StPetersburg has left Emden heading to Grimsby then onto Tyne according to the ship tracker!
Shall we all head over there to greet it at the dockside, and see if we can spot our cars?
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

Hi everyone been following this for a while and no time to add my sixth pence…I emailed several dealers in the south for a family pro and one had 14 on order back in September which just needed a colour change and the alloys added so I duly ordered on on the 21st that had a scheduled build week of 51 and estimated delivery of Jan 22 this slipped to week 7 because of the change than back to a confirmed build week of 51…update today as I asked for one all week 51 cars have been removed and no new dates and mine is status 00 now so who knows when delivery is now…
ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021…..Cancelled 19/3/2022
Was order No 31477
Original Confirmed build week 51 2021
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35,36 now 40 2022 status 10
Delivery not now
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Absolutely crazy that cars could be arriving at dealers unexpectedly.

Incidentally, I was told by my broker that the car had left the factory last week. But when I rang the actual dealer this morning (got their info via VW live chat), they said their systems still show status code 20. As in it hasn’t left the factory yet.

Bizarre!
Eddcunningham wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:23 pm More good news for me!

My car is in the country (Grimsby to be exact) and should be with the dealer later this week. They’ve pencilled in the 16th for collection, obviously depending on how long it takes to get to the dealer and how quickly they complete the PDI.
Thanks for rubbing it in our faces!
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Moog

Post by Moog »

I had a call from our local Cupra dealer today - I registered interest in the Cupra Born ages ago before I ordered our ID3. He told me he could deliver me a Born in March as the first editions of that are already scheduled in production, which is partly the reason new ID3 orders are on a long lead time. Ordering goes live in January for March delivery. Will be similar to ID3 1st Ed in that the spec is already set, so can’t really specify many options other than colour. I’ll go along in Jan to see what the deal on offer is, but although there are things I like about the Born, there are things that I prefer on the ID3 (the Bike hitch and matrix lights for starters) that I think will be worth the wait.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (204ps/58kWh) in Makena Turquoise, 19” Andoya, Sport pack, Infotainment+, heat-pump, bi-colour silver, Bike Hitch.
Ordered 15 Nov 21 (wk46/21)
Finally built wk9/23 & collected wk16!
17 months + 2days!
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

epicwinningmaz wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:06 pm
Splash-Man wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:01 pm
epicwinningmaz wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:43 pm Has anyone had their build week delayed?? Ours was originally scheduled for week 51 and now it's week 22? Our dealer has said ALL orders have been delayed due to MY22.5 scheduling but I've not seen anyone else report this
I remember reading a comment that suggested that all orders were going to be pushed back about 14 weeks due to the scheduling of MY22.5 and then they would be pulled back in again. This was mentioned a number of weeks ago but I can't remember which thread. Give it another month and see what happens.
I've not even got a provisional build date so I've not excited about anything at the moment :roll:
I think that was me :lol:. Would be good to get a second opinion/someone else to confirm

My week 51 build has been cancelled too…no new dates given so far
ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021…..Cancelled 19/3/2022
Was order No 31477
Original Confirmed build week 51 2021
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35,36 now 40 2022 status 10
Delivery not now
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Bubba82 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:51 pm Hi everyone been following this for a while and no time to add my sixth pence…I emailed several dealers in the south for a family pro and one had 14 on order back in September which just needed a colour change and the alloys added so I duly ordered on on the 21st that had a scheduled build week of 51 and estimated delivery of Jan 22 this slipped to week 7 because of the change than back to a confirmed build week of 51…update today as I asked for one all week 51 cars have been removed and no new dates and mine is status 00 now so who knows when delivery is now…
Exactly the same has happened to ours, ordered 4th august, originally told Dec delivery, then production moved to week 2/22 then dropped to 14/22 now gone back to status 00. 😞
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

But thinking about it logically……

VWAG, have now launched 2 new cars in the last 3 months, the ID5 and Cupra Born. Dealerships will need cars for sales worldwide, press cars will need to be built etc, I have our ID3 and a Q4 on order. Both roughly the same time early august.

Seems fishy to me that both our orders have recently been booted to 00 status. I personally feel that production has massively slowed due to a number of reasons, completing chip waiting cars and getting them on the boat before Xmas, cupra born and ID5 press/dealer production.

It’s crap but makes sense…..
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

More likely supply issues delaying deliveries

Press and pre-production cars are built into the production schedules and will no doubt suffer the similar delays with the resultant embarrassment!

But who knows unless know someone working in production!!
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Tom_1985 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:26 am
Bubba82 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:51 pm Hi everyone been following this for a while and no time to add my sixth pence…I emailed several dealers in the south for a family pro and one had 14 on order back in September which just needed a colour change and the alloys added so I duly ordered on on the 21st that had a scheduled build week of 51 and estimated delivery of Jan 22 this slipped to week 7 because of the change than back to a confirmed build week of 51…update today as I asked for one all week 51 cars have been removed and no new dates and mine is status 00 now so who knows when delivery is now…
Exactly the same has happened to ours, ordered 4th august, originally told Dec delivery, then production moved to week 2/22 then dropped to 14/22 now gone back to status 00. 😞
Ah okay so this is happening to quite a few people. Our current status is also 00 and not showing a scheduled build week yet.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

If I was to put a positive spin on this, it may be that VW now have (or expect to soon get) a better idea of component supply schedules and are properly replanning next year's car build dates around that, rather than them being random and constantly changing due to the supply problems. I might be wrong - but why reset a build date if you had no idea what it should be?
I suppose the nuclear option would be if they were about to start cancelling orders in large numbers...is there any precedent for that?
Think I'll phone my dealer for an update soon...
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

sidehaas wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:22 am I suppose the nuclear option would be if they were about to start cancelling orders in large numbers...is there any precedent for that?

I doubt orders would be cancelled, they'd just never update order statuses and never give meaningful order updates until the point that the customer gets frustrated and cancels instead.

Wait a minute.....🤔
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203