Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

Hi everyone been following this for a while and no time to add my sixth pence…I emailed several dealers in the south for a family pro and one had 14 on order back in September which just needed a colour change and the alloys added so I duly ordered on on the 21st that had a scheduled build week of 51 and estimated delivery of Jan 22 this slipped to week 7 because of the change than back to a confirmed build week of 51…update today as I asked for one all week 51 cars have been removed and no new dates and mine is status 00 now so who knows when delivery is now…
ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021…..Cancelled 19/3/2022
Was order No 31477
Original Confirmed build week 51 2021
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35,36 now 40 2022 status 10
Delivery not now

rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Absolutely crazy that cars could be arriving at dealers unexpectedly.

Incidentally, I was told by my broker that the car had left the factory last week. But when I rang the actual dealer this morning (got their info via VW live chat), they said their systems still show status code 20. As in it hasn’t left the factory yet.

Bizarre!
Eddcunningham wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:23 pm More good news for me!

My car is in the country (Grimsby to be exact) and should be with the dealer later this week. They’ve pencilled in the 16th for collection, obviously depending on how long it takes to get to the dealer and how quickly they complete the PDI.
Thanks for rubbing it in our faces!
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Moog

Post by Moog »

I had a call from our local Cupra dealer today - I registered interest in the Cupra Born ages ago before I ordered our ID3. He told me he could deliver me a Born in March as the first editions of that are already scheduled in production, which is partly the reason new ID3 orders are on a long lead time. Ordering goes live in January for March delivery. Will be similar to ID3 1st Ed in that the spec is already set, so can’t really specify many options other than colour. I’ll go along in Jan to see what the deal on offer is, but although there are things I like about the Born, there are things that I prefer on the ID3 (the Bike hitch and matrix lights for starters) that I think will be worth the wait.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (204ps/58kWh) in Makena Turquoise, 19” Andoya, Sport pack, Infotainment+, heat-pump, bi-colour silver, Bike Hitch.
Ordered 15 Nov 21 (wk46/21)
Finally built wk9/23 & collected wk16!
17 months + 2days!
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

epicwinningmaz wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:06 pm
Splash-Man wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:01 pm
epicwinningmaz wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:43 pm Has anyone had their build week delayed?? Ours was originally scheduled for week 51 and now it's week 22? Our dealer has said ALL orders have been delayed due to MY22.5 scheduling but I've not seen anyone else report this
I remember reading a comment that suggested that all orders were going to be pushed back about 14 weeks due to the scheduling of MY22.5 and then they would be pulled back in again. This was mentioned a number of weeks ago but I can't remember which thread. Give it another month and see what happens.
I've not even got a provisional build date so I've not excited about anything at the moment :roll:
I think that was me :lol:. Would be good to get a second opinion/someone else to confirm

My week 51 build has been cancelled too…no new dates given so far
Was order No 31477
Delivery not now
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Bubba82 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:51 pm Hi everyone been following this for a while and no time to add my sixth pence…I emailed several dealers in the south for a family pro and one had 14 on order back in September which just needed a colour change and the alloys added so I duly ordered on on the 21st that had a scheduled build week of 51 and estimated delivery of Jan 22 this slipped to week 7 because of the change than back to a confirmed build week of 51…update today as I asked for one all week 51 cars have been removed and no new dates and mine is status 00 now so who knows when delivery is now…
Exactly the same has happened to ours, ordered 4th august, originally told Dec delivery, then production moved to week 2/22 then dropped to 14/22 now gone back to status 00. 😞
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

But thinking about it logically……

VWAG, have now launched 2 new cars in the last 3 months, the ID5 and Cupra Born. Dealerships will need cars for sales worldwide, press cars will need to be built etc, I have our ID3 and a Q4 on order. Both roughly the same time early august.

Seems fishy to me that both our orders have recently been booted to 00 status. I personally feel that production has massively slowed due to a number of reasons, completing chip waiting cars and getting them on the boat before Xmas, cupra born and ID5 press/dealer production.

It’s crap but makes sense…..
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

More likely supply issues delaying deliveries

Press and pre-production cars are built into the production schedules and will no doubt suffer the similar delays with the resultant embarrassment!

But who knows unless know someone working in production!!
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Tom_1985 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:26 am
Bubba82 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:51 pm Hi everyone been following this for a while and no time to add my sixth pence…I emailed several dealers in the south for a family pro and one had 14 on order back in September which just needed a colour change and the alloys added so I duly ordered on on the 21st that had a scheduled build week of 51 and estimated delivery of Jan 22 this slipped to week 7 because of the change than back to a confirmed build week of 51…update today as I asked for one all week 51 cars have been removed and no new dates and mine is status 00 now so who knows when delivery is now…
Exactly the same has happened to ours, ordered 4th august, originally told Dec delivery, then production moved to week 2/22 then dropped to 14/22 now gone back to status 00. 😞
Ah okay so this is happening to quite a few people. Our current status is also 00 and not showing a scheduled build week yet.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

If I was to put a positive spin on this, it may be that VW now have (or expect to soon get) a better idea of component supply schedules and are properly replanning next year's car build dates around that, rather than them being random and constantly changing due to the supply problems. I might be wrong - but why reset a build date if you had no idea what it should be?
I suppose the nuclear option would be if they were about to start cancelling orders in large numbers...is there any precedent for that?
Think I'll phone my dealer for an update soon...
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

sidehaas wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:22 am I suppose the nuclear option would be if they were about to start cancelling orders in large numbers...is there any precedent for that?

I doubt orders would be cancelled, they'd just never update order statuses and never give meaningful order updates until the point that the customer gets frustrated and cancels instead.

Wait a minute.....🤔
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

epicwinningmaz wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:17 am
Ah okay so this is happening to quite a few people. Our current status is also 00 and not showing a scheduled build week yet.

I have to say that if VW does this to us - and I think there's every chance they will do (or have done, and our dealer isn't telling us) - they're going to be losing our business to Tesla and screw the additional vast expense. There's only so much SWMBO earache I can take and our situation is that we now can't prat about without firm delivery dates past early February.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Utumno wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:46 am
epicwinningmaz wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:17 am

I have to say that if VW does this to us - and I think there's every chance they will do (or have done, and our dealer isn't telling us) - they're going to be losing our business to Tesla and screw the additional vast expense. There's only so much SWMBO earache I can take and our situation is that we now can't prat about without firm delivery dates past early February.
If this happens to your order I imagine we're all screwed! There's only a few w40 orders yet to leave the factory according to the sheet, I'd hope yours is due on a boat soon. Or as has already been mentioned it might be in the UK already and your dealer has no idea ;)
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
aayron

Post by aayron »

Ordered mine on 30th October 2021 (id.3 Family Pro in Makena Turquoise with East Derry Wheels) from Vertu Volkswagen. I've finally got my order number 31528xxx and have been given a guesstimate of end-June 2022 for delivery but was advised at the time of purchase that delivery would be 8-12 months from order date.

Can you add me to your spreadsheet, Utumno?

My 20 year old Honda Civic has just scraped through its MOT so needs to hang on a little bit longer yet.
Id.3 107KW Family Pro 58kWh, Makena Turquoise, East Derry Wheels
Ordered 30/10/21
Order Number 31528XXX
Build Week 47(2022)
Received Week 4 (2023)
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Involving myself slightly in the 'vessel tracking' game, 'Parana' arrived in Emden just after midnight
https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/PA ... -218562000

It has previously done a vehicle drop in Sheerness before, on the 26th, which was some 4 days after it had arrived in Emden. I would hazard a guess that anyone using a dealer in the South will be via that vessel, and so it could be the 12th before anything arrives in the UK from Emden.

Assuming there's not another ship en-route, which I can't see that there is.

To add further, Parana previous arrived in Sheerness Nov 26, 13:40 and departed Nov 26, 23:19, with 'fixit' announcing on his post on Nov 27, around 11am (viewtopic.php?p=15135#p15135) that his was status 40, in the UK. Would suggest that 'fixit' is in the South, or used a southern dealer?

I anticipate then that anyone whose car is on that ship to Sheerness would potentially know about it on the 13th?
Alanpyle

Post by Alanpyle »

If you cancel its only you that loses out, because all they will do is keep the car in the build queue and sell it to someone else.
murfmac

Post by murfmac »

Does VW update their system when the cars go on the ship to be transported or is it a day or so behind?
Ordered 28/07/2021
Order number - 31417***
Tour Pro S 77kW
Moonstone
Build week 39
Status 20 up to 23rd November
Status 30 - November 24th
Status 38 - 6th December
Status 40 - 19th December
Picked Up 12th January
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

Looking at the excellent tracker very few people have a car scheduled to be built weeks 1 - 22, wonder why???
Was order No 31477
Delivery not now
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I heard from my dealership today to say that my new car is status code 00.
I ordered on the 9th of September.
I know I'm in for a wait but is there any general time span guide to move from 00 to 10.
At 3 months on from ordering I thought I would know something.
Last edited by Daveion on Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

This happened on my last VW order, during the WLTP fiasco. Many months after ordering it actually disappeared off the system for some time. Word from VW was that they were rescheduling etc. but it wouldn't greatly effect the lead time, and it didn't. When it appeared back on the system the build date etc was more-or-less as it was before it went to status 00.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Moog

Post by Moog »

Tom_1985 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:31 am But thinking about it logically……

VWAG, have now launched 2 new cars in the last 3 months, the ID5 and Cupra Born. Dealerships will need cars for sales worldwide, press cars will need to be built etc, I have our ID3 and a Q4 on order. Both roughly the same time early august.

Seems fishy to me that both our orders have recently been booted to 00 status. I personally feel that production has massively slowed due to a number of reasons, completing chip waiting cars and getting them on the boat before Xmas, cupra born and ID5 press/dealer production.

It’s crap but makes sense…..
I agree - as someone who has worked as a Design & Development Engineer in the automotive industry (Not VAG!) for decades I can state that "Job1" almost always takes priority over everything else, so hitting those Cupra Born & ID5 launch dates is likely to be a non-negotiable and anything that threatens to delay that is dealt with. Sadly that can mean bumping back any other delayed production if required. As shortages continue to hit the supply chain then critical shortage parts are ringfenced for the new Job1 production runs. Builds that were originally scheduled down the line for before those launch dates and have now slipped to roughly the same time will be pushed further back behind them. In normal times these delays are managed a bit more slickly and may only be apparent to a few customers, but at the moment it is all chaos. I hear from former colleagues now working in other OEM's who are seeing similar issues. A friend has been quoted well over a year for a Discovery. I looked a short while ago and could not have ordered a new Kona Electric if I wanted to (though I think they are back up now).

What we don't know of course is how large those Born & ID5 launch runs are - if we knew that then we could maybe work out when the ID3 builds currently having build dates pulled will be shifted back to.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (204ps/58kWh) in Makena Turquoise, 19” Andoya, Sport pack, Infotainment+, heat-pump, bi-colour silver, Bike Hitch.
Ordered 15 Nov 21 (wk46/21)
Finally built wk9/23 & collected wk16!
17 months + 2days!