Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Newlec74

Post by Newlec74 »

Any ideas how long delivery is taking? My order is apparently status 30 so leaving the factory, I’m assuming delivery should be quick with how little production there currently is.

tomstring

Post by tomstring »

I ordered mine 14 Aug and not expecting it until February or March. It is what it is I guess.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

My order date, order number ordinal, and expected delivery times in my signature below.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

I didn't start tracking mine until it was at stage 5b, at the start of August, which I believe is when it is at the port waiting to get on a ship.

I got a text to say it was at stage 5c (on a ship on its way to the UK) on Aug 9th, and it was with the dealer on the 18th, I think.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-Jul 22- VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 on - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Newlec74 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:39 pm Any ideas how long delivery is taking? My order is apparently status 30 so leaving the factory, I’m assuming delivery should be quick with how little production there currently is.
It all depends on whether they can find a transporter driver. They can’t find drivers for supermarket deliveries, so>………………….
Newlec74

Post by Newlec74 »

Ordered mine start of June, pretty unimpressed with the way VW pulled the vehicle tracker.
WillC

Post by WillC »

Never got my order number recognised on the vehicle tracker. Ordered 8th June and (as of yesterday) still no build week confirmed.
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Ordered mine at the end of July. Provisional build week is set to week 42 (so mid Oct) so hoping that's confirmed in the next month or so
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
corals

Post by corals »

Hi all am new here i orderd my id3 tour s first week of aug just been told factory has accepted my order but still no build week anyone have any clues how long this could be please
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

The actual build week will only be available about a month before it starts being built. You may be able to get a provisional build week out of your dealer, but I’m pretty sure they use a magic 8 ball to give you that number…
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

WillC wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:18 am Never got my order number recognised on the vehicle tracker. Ordered 8th June and (as of yesterday) still no build week confirmed.

You’d hope you’d get it confirmed soon!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Utumno wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:03 pm The actual build week will only be available about a month before it starts being built. You may be able to get a provisional build week out of your dealer, but I’m pretty sure they use a magic 8 ball to give you that number…
Wouldn't be surprised tbh. Although I wonder what causes it to change. My dealer told me that my build week got pushed forward recently from week 45 to week 42 so who knows where they get it from
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
Newlec74

Post by Newlec74 »

Biggest frustration is their inability to even attempt to manage expectations. If you’re told it’s going to be 6 months then fair enough, you can make the decision whether to cancel. Issue I have found is poor communication from the dealership, then them getting narky when picked up on lack of communication and forgetting the lies they’ve already told, VW also have no interest at all and it seems to be a game to stop you cancelling the order.

It’s not great and to be honest if the home charger hadn’t been installed I’d probably have kept my money!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Newlec74 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:30 pm Biggest frustration is their inability to even attempt to manage expectations. If you’re told it’s going to be 6 months then fair enough, you can make the decision whether to cancel. Issue I have found is poor communication from the dealership, then them getting narky when picked up on lack of communication and forgetting the lies they’ve already told, VW also have no interest at all and it seems to be a game to stop you cancelling the order.

It’s not great and to be honest if the home charger hadn’t been installed I’d probably have kept my money!

I'm not really following the logic. You say you ordered start of June and were quoted a September delivery. You also say your car has left the factory in late August, so I'd expect a late September delivery at worst. What part of your expectations haven't been managed or met ?
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

ksoni94 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:38 pm
Utumno wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:03 pm The actual build week will only be available about a month before it starts being built. You may be able to get a provisional build week out of your dealer, but I’m pretty sure they use a magic 8 ball to give you that number…
Wouldn't be surprised tbh. Although I wonder what causes it to change. My dealer told me that my build week got pushed forward recently from week 45 to week 42 so who knows where they get it from

Well provisional builds assume that parts are going to be available based on supplier forecasts, and staff are going to be available based on staff availability plans. COVID is playing havoc with manufacturing, delivery and people on assembly lines. It's hardly a surprise dates move around seemingly randomly given how much of what I just wrote is basically equivalent to vehicular component Brownian motion.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

AndersG

Post by AndersG »

Four months for us. Almost like getting a Trabi in the GDR :)
korky

Post by korky »

ordered a leased family id3 almost 4 weeks back via salary sacrifice scheme, showing ordered by the lease company but nothing from the dealer yet so can't track its progress, it said upto 16wks! hoping for a nice xmas prezzy to myself
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Newlec74 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:30 pm Biggest frustration is their inability to even attempt to manage expectations. If you’re told it’s going to be 6 months then fair enough, you can make the decision whether to cancel. Issue I have found is poor communication from the dealership, then them getting narky when picked up on lack of communication and forgetting the lies they’ve already told, VW also have no interest at all and it seems to be a game to stop you cancelling the order.

I understand fully where you are coming from with this. I am due to pick up our ID3 tomorrow and the salesman just rang to say that the PCP documents haven’t been authorised. Rubbish. I have copies of the signed and approved documents. On calling his manager, it seems he was wrong. All is Ok.
I really thought the VW network was better than this.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Scratch wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:35 pm

I understand fully where you are coming from with this. I am due to pick up our ID3 tomorrow and the salesman just rang to say that the PCP documents haven’t been authorised. Rubbish. I have copies of the signed and approved documents. On calling his manager, it seems he was wrong. All is Ok.
I really thought the VW network was better than this.
I had similar with mine - whilst in the dealer with the keys in my hand :D they got it sorted out there and then.... was an all electronic workflow anyway...
BillyBobs

Post by BillyBobs »

We decided on the ID.3 a little bit late, so where told (early August) if we did a factory order (Max) it's likely to be late Q1 possibly Q2 2022+

I know it's frustrating but the company I work for is struggling hugely down to not only the silicon shortage but general shortages in components and even materials such as aluminium..

We only make 300-500 products a year and everyday I have 2-3 new 'shortages' thrown on my desk to deal with.. We have extended our lead times from 8 weeks to 36 weeks minimum this year which causes problems with customers, but honestly, we are working flat out to resolve these and some components scheduled in suddenly get cancelled with an 18 month lead time then specified.. this makes us either change the component or change the design to use another component.

I imagine it's on a whole new level for automotive manufacturers and despite their buying power and supply chain weight, they must be hurting!