Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I called my dealer (Listers of Nuneaton) yesterday and was informed that there is no information on the system for my build date (ordered 26/11/21). Suggested that I call back in April! Things seem to be going from bad to worse.
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey
Ordered 26 Nov 2021
Listers Nuneaton
Order No: 31568xxx
Build week : Unconfirmed
Delivered: 23 Sept 22
White Zappi 7kW - Tethered

bluewaters905

Post by bluewaters905 »

Hi all

Just joined the forum as I've been finding all the messages helpful, so thank you! Ordered my id.3 Family Pro Performance 01/09/21, 31430***, through a leasing company. The screenshot they sent me (by the company they actually order through) suggested a build week of 202151, but then the leasing company gave me a delivery date of the end of November, which got moved to the beginning of December, 4 weeks prior to that date it got moved to mid-January, then at the start of this year beginning of March, and today mid-April... I've found out so much more information on this forum as to why, or more realistic expectations, as every time I contact the leasing company they just say "all manufacturers are experiencing delays due to covid and chip shortage". Trying to extract specific information out of them is impossible.

Using Utumno's spreadsheet (thank you, amazing), it suggests that orders close to mine have been delivered which raises my hopes... But trying not to get my hopes up due to the recent posts about all 202151 builds being pushed back to status 00...

Fingers crossed there's a large shipment of id.3s coming to the UK...
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

bluewaters905 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:27 pm Hi all

Just joined the forum as I've been finding all the messages helpful, so thank you! Ordered my id.3 Family Pro Performance 01/09/21, 31430***, through a leasing company. The screenshot they sent me (by the company they actually order through) suggested a build week of 202151, but then the leasing company gave me a delivery date of the end of November, which got moved to the beginning of December, 4 weeks prior to that date it got moved to mid-January, then at the start of this year beginning of March, and today mid-April... I've found out so much more information on this forum as to why, or more realistic expectations, as every time I contact the leasing company they just say "all manufacturers are experiencing delays due to covid and chip shortage". Trying to extract specific information out of them is impossible.

Using Utumno's spreadsheet (thank you, amazing), it suggests that orders close to mine have been delivered which raises my hopes... But trying not to get my hopes up due to the recent posts about all 202151 builds being pushed back to status 00...

Fingers crossed there's a large shipment of id.3s coming to the UK...

Details added, and welcome to the forum! Honestly if your dealer/lease company is quoting April, you should probably expect June at best and if the vehicle comes in sooner, it’s party time. I don’t think we have anywhere near a clear picture of what’s going on with MY22.5 builds, and all the dates appear to be disappearing into the distance faster than a locomotive on greased rails.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

Skippy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:56 pm I called my dealer (Listers of Nuneaton) yesterday and was informed that there is no information on the system for my build date (ordered 26/11/21). Suggested that I call back in April! Things seem to be going from bad to worse.
Hi Skippy,

I ordered through Autoebid with the same dealer as yours back in Sept, 21 and have exactly the same response. For me, I think Lister won’t give out provisional build week as those estimates keep changing. I was quoted 20 weeks when I placed my order. Looking at your order on November, I think after mid year 22 is a realistic estimate delivery.

Thanks,

Gareth
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Skippy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:56 pm I called my dealer (Listers of Nuneaton) yesterday and was informed that there is no information on the system for my build date (ordered 26/11/21). Suggested that I call back in April! Things seem to be going from bad to worse.
You might be lucky but, lots of orders made several months before yours are disappearing over the horizon rapidly so, you probably need to prepare for in a long wait and be pleasantly surprised if it isn't!
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
acdeag

Post by acdeag »

Ordered mine 5/11, just been told it has build date of week 42, expected delivery December.
Peter_2947

Post by Peter_2947 »

I also ordered from Listers of Nuneaton but back on Oct 16th and they have not been able to provide a build date for me yet :cry:
ID.3 Family Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey with 18" East Derry Alloys
Order# 31503xxx 15 Oct 21 (wk41) code 20 wk39, delivered Nov 18th :D
Driving Tesla M3 SR+
Tesla M3 RWD ordered Jan 22, now on hold
Hypervolt Home 2.0 EVSE
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

I have the same model, colour, wheels on order since 15 August. Currently on build week 10. Order number begins 3142, Good luck.
Wolfsburg

Post by Wolfsburg »

Call from dealer yesterday, car has arrived, delivery scheduled for Mon 31st Jan. Car ordered 10th July 2021
Mike255

Post by Mike255 »

I ordered a Life Pro Performnace in Glacier White with 19” Andoya wheels on 8 October 2021 through drivethedeal.com, and was given Order# 31493xxx. The VW dealer is JCB Medway in Gillingham. The delivery estimate at that time was 26 weeks, or April 2022.

However, I emailed JCB Medway on Friday and they replied to say that after ‘checking the VW system’ the estimated build week was showing as build week 45, or 7-13 November!

They also said:

‘ The ongoing delays are due to the supply chain issue of the semiconductor chips, this has and is affecting nearly all car brands.
We hope that as the factory catches up this will reflect in build weeks.’

So it seems to make no difference as to when you ordered your car, since several people on here have order numbers much later than mine yet have been given earlier build weeks. Whereas others with similar order dates to mine don’t even have a build date…
Deleted User 1678

Post by Deleted User 1678 »

I ordered a Max on 23 September and was told then that delivery would be on the 1st of March 22. Since then it has been revised to April/May and just now to probably June.

Order number 31475XXX
Max pro Performance in Makena Turquoise
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Mike255 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:04 am I ordered a Life Pro Performnace in Glacier White with 19” Andoya wheels on 8 October 2021 through drivethedeal.com, and was given Order# 31493xxx. The VW dealer is JCB Medway in Gillingham. The delivery estimate at that time was 26 weeks, or April 2022.

However, I emailed JCB Medway on Friday and they replied to say that after ‘checking the VW system’ the estimated build week was showing as build week 45, or 7-13 November!

They also said:

‘ The ongoing delays are due to the supply chain issue of the semiconductor chips, this has and is affecting nearly all car brands.

So it seems to make no difference as to when you ordered your car, since several people on here have order numbers much later than mine yet have been given earlier build weeks. Whereas others with similar order dates to mine don’t even have a build date…
My biggest worry with this, aside from the frankly ridiculous wait, is that it pushes delivery closer to the eventual mid-life refresh. I don’t mind MY updates, but if they announce a facelift later in the year I’m not going to want to proceed with my order for the current car.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Sanya

Post by Sanya »

andrewparker wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:11 pm
Mike255 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:04 am I ordered a Life Pro Performnace in Glacier White with 19” Andoya wheels on 8 October 2021 through drivethedeal.com, and was given Order# 31493xxx. The VW dealer is JCB Medway in Gillingham. The delivery estimate at that time was 26 weeks, or April 2022.

They also said:

My biggest worry with this, aside from the frankly ridiculous wait, is that it pushes delivery closer to the eventual mid-life refresh. I don’t mind MY updates, but if they announce a facelift later in the year I’m not going to want to proceed with my order for the current car.
I understand what you mean, but that is a risk with any model.
Family Pro Performance | Glacier White | Sanya 20” alloys | Delivered March 2022
3rd time EV owner | BMWi Pure wall box.
N21

Post by N21 »

They also said:

I guess the other way of looking at that is even if a facelift model was announced, any orders placed for it would be right at the back of the waiting list!
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Sanya wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:27 pm

They also said:

I understand what you mean, but that is a risk with any model.
It isn’t really, the life cycle of any car is normally well publicised, so you generally know when you order whether a facelift is just round the corner, or whether it is years off.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

A mid-life facelift isn't always good news, half the time there's some cost cutting going on, or some cosmetic changes which might involve a clout with the ugly stick (MK6 Golf, which was really a MK5 facelift and ugly vs the MK5). The MK7 Golf lost a few bits of interior equipnent.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

I've just this morning heard from the dealer that my build date is provisionally week 36 (7-13 September). Unfortunately, allowing for say a further six to ten weeks from then before I can take delivery of the car, this would be October/November, and it really doesn't work very well for me at all. I am going to have to seriously consider cancellation this time, and with a view to taking a look at the new id3 in a few years time.

VW id3 order 31491584 - Life Pro-Performance, white/East Derry alloys.
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Uphamid3 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:41 am I've just this morning heard from the dealer that my build date is provisionally week 36 (7-13 September). Unfortunately, allowing for say a further six to ten weeks from then before I can take delivery of the car, this would be October/November, and it really doesn't work very well for me at all. I am going to have to seriously consider cancellation this time, and with a view to taking a look at the new id3 in a few years time.

It's looking bleak isn't it! With that order number you would be getting on for a year/just over from order to delivery?
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Uphamid3 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:41 am I've just this morning heard from the dealer that my build date is provisionally week 36 (7-13 September). Unfortunately, allowing for say a further six to ten weeks from then before I can take delivery of the car, this would be October/November, and it really doesn't work very well for me at all. I am going to have to seriously consider cancellation this time, and with a view to taking a look at the new id3 in a few years time.

Grr, no doubt mine will have done the same Mike. Not happy.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

andrewparker wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:45 am

Grr, no doubt mine will have done the same Mike. Not happy.
Hmm, well mine is still showing as week 18, not moved.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten