Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

ag-indie wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:51 pm It’s come straight from the department of transport!
12 months they’ll only honour.
I'm not sure what you expect the DfT to say. They aren't going to give you an individual exception and they aren't going to set a precedent that would then apply elsewhere until/unless the issue is affecting a sufficiently large number of people and they come under pressure to change policy. Similar for VW. Your contract is with your dealer and you should look at it. How is the price defined, what does it say (if anything) about the grant. Then you can perhaps work out who is bearing the risk, you or them. If it's you, hope for some goodwill or the ability to argue an increased partex since you ordered. There is nothing to say that everyone buying from different dealers will get the same outcome.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.

Turquoise

Post by Turquoise »

I had a quick look at my contract with Tusker. The only number quoted anywhere is the gross deduction from my salary, but there is this paragraph:

If the cost of the vehicle tax, VAT, Insurance Premium Tax, corporation tax or capital
allowances used to calculate your salary reduction/the charges for the Vehicle changes whilst
you have the Vehicle, or there are any changes to any other applicable laws or tax rates, it
may be necessary to amend your Salary Sacrifice Agreement to reflect this change. If this
becomes necessary, we will write to you.

It doesn't really seem to cover the grant timing out, but no doubt the company will insist that it does...
Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct '21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Built '22 wk33, delivered wk41

Zappi 7kW Black tethered
4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

I very much doubt the government will honour the grant beyond the 12 month period. The reality is nearly 60% of all new EVs are business owned or salary sacrifice so it will only be a small percentage of private buyers effected. Not enough to put pressure on the government. The retailers could honour it but it all depends on how many and how much they stand to lose out on. Even then there won't be a shortage of buyers willing to take a cancellation and the retailer will make a huge profit. The way that car prices have changed over the last 6 months individual's will still be cheaper to stick with their original order even if you lose the grant.
GeoffP

Post by GeoffP »

Well my order and contract specifically includes a deduction for the grant and my dealer has confirmed that the grant will apply (even though his last update puts me at 14 months since order date. I have once again asked my dealer for clarification but I am going to push back and say that i have the price in writing on the contract and if my dealer has the grant pulled out from under him then that is his problem. I am funding this car myself and it is not clear to me whether that puts me at a disadvantage compared to company or salary sacrifice buys.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey
Breeze Poole Order date 11/11/21
VW Order number 3154XXXX provided 04/01/22
Worse predicted build Wk14 2023
Came in to a confirmed build Wk3
Collected Monday 27th Feb 2023
MrT212

Post by MrT212 »

ag-indie wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:54 pm If my order goes over 12 months & I lose the grant.
Roughly how much do you think the monthly payments will increase by?
Its a 3 year lease.
A significant enough amount for you to want to burn the dealership down
Life Pro Performance
Moonstone grey
Ordered 6th October 2021
Confirmed Build week 38
Tracker: https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Out of the blue today, my dealer emailed me (2nd email ever from them in 11 months). First one was to tell me the car was delayed 3 months after ordering

They said I have lost my grant but as a gesture of goodwill, they will honour the price and not increase it as RRP has gone up. WTF, that's not goodwill mate -you can't change the price of something after selling it and signing a contract

I replied and said does this mean I will exceed the 12 months and they said yup, your car is being built week 44 (Oct?) and delivered mid December. 15 months after ordering
Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue, East Derry Alloys
ID3 ordered 30 Sep 2021
Order no 314846**
Build week 50 (2021) -delayed to build week 44 (2022) (Heritage Bristol)
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

Klaus wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:47 pm Out of the blue today, my dealer emailed me (2nd email ever from them in 11 months). First one was to tell me the car was delayed 3 months after ordering

They said I have lost my grant but as a gesture of goodwill, they will honour the price and not increase it as RRP has gone up. WTF, that's not goodwill mate -you can't change the price of something after selling it and signing a contract

I replied and said does this mean I will exceed the 12 months and they said yup, your car is being built week 44 (Oct?) and delivered mid December. 15 months after ordering
Sounds like we will get the same message as ours was ordered from there end of October. So that looks like a Jan 2023 delivery for us …..
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

Dealers don't know much, we all probably know more than them. My dealer said a 20 week lead time before I ordered. Went in 2 days later to order and it was 22 weeks. Now 44 weeks later and I have an unconfirmed build of week 3 2023. I just wish I had of ordered it a month earlier because that would of accelerated the process by 6 months. How that is I don't know. I am beginning to think they want me to cancel so they can make a quick buck. If they want me to cancel it will cost them a few quid coz they are not getting their greedy hands on my car without it costing them a good chunk of cash. Hopefully they bring out a face-lift model and we all get that because the current model is now a year old. Not that I would complain if it turned up tomorrow. 😃
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Klaus wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:47 pm Out of the blue today, my dealer emailed me (2nd email ever from them in 11 months). First one was to tell me the car was delayed 3 months after ordering

I’m expecting an email this week with a build date, I’ve never had one before.
Looking like next year I presume now?
Very disappointed as the payments will no doubt increase on the lease, ridiculous waiting over 12 months.
They should concentrate on existing orders before taking new ones & also building the Born.
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

In an ideal world the government should honour the grant past 12 months. It was an incentive for people to go out and buy an ev.. it's not the customers fault if the wait goes over 12 months.
Like I said, in an ideal world.
The whole situation is just a shitshow.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

Long delivery times are not just a VW problem, one of my colleagues with a MG ZS EV on order told me that his delivery date has slipped to April next year which will be almost a year from his order being placed.
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38
Butternut

Post by Butternut »

Just had an update on our august 2021 order. The new revised build week is feb 2023. I honestly think our dealer is trying to purposely get us to cancel this order. I can’t believe how incompetent Volkswagen is
Butternut

Post by Butternut »

Anyone got any advice. I’m really reluctant to cancel as I’ll just have to go to the back for another car but this is just terrible considering we got told December 2021
Member-1677

Post by Member-1677 »

Butternut wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:43 am Just had an update on our august 2021 order. The new revised build week is feb 2023. I honestly think our dealer is trying to purposely get us to cancel this order. I can’t believe how incompetent Volkswagen is

Absolute farcical that. Regardless of what model was ordered. Hard not to think like that. Zero transparency to check this either.
Life Pro - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered - 04.11.21
Order No - 3153****
Status - was 10, now 00
Build week was 45, then 47 now unknown!!!
Est delivery was Jan 2023: now......
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Just to add that unless anything has changed I don't believe dealers can sell a New car for more than it's list price in the UK at least, naturally the way around this if they feel they can be more profitable with the car is that they pre-register the car to themselves effectively allowing them to retail, it as a used car and can then increase the price. Manufacturuers often impose a timescale on this though and say that these pre-registered dealer owned cars cannot be sold for X amount of days, usually 60/90 days from registration so it is risky for them. Of course if the car has been sold at a discount last year prior to all of the delays being forseen then I guess they could then sell the car on as a new car with no discount and make a little extra but in the process completely alienating the previous Client which in the long run isnt going to do their dealership any favours.

So whilst I'm as cynical as they come I don't think all this is a deliberate way of boosting profits, not in the majority of cases anyway.
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week - Unknown, advised March 23 delivery
Order Number - 31401131 - Changed to 31401162
Col21

Post by Col21 »

Well, I had my monthly update and the car is back to 00 with no build date.

My husband made sure to get in writing that VW are going to honour the grant.

He did also try to get them to confirm there will be no increase in price after we signed the contract and she completely by passed it.

I definitely think they are hoping people cancel and they can make a huge profit from all of these existing orders.

Its not even worth trying to look for another car though as a colleague of mine order doesn't even have a build date for his tesla that he ordered way back.

Here's to hoping September brings good news. Can't see it myself but oh well
Ordered Family Pro Performance - 5/11/2021
Moonstone Grey with East Derry Alloys
Order number 31370***
Estimated arrival - April 2022 (from dealer) now moved to June!
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Butternut wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:43 am Just had an update on our august 2021 order. The new revised build week is feb 2023. I honestly think our dealer is trying to purposely get us to cancel this order. I can’t believe how incompetent Volkswagen is
This is ridiculous now! What model did order?
You’ll be talking around 20 months then omg 😳
Last edited by ag-indie on Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Butternut wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:46 am Anyone got any advice. I’m really reluctant to cancel as I’ll just have to go to the back for another car but this is just terrible considering we got told December 2021
I'm a couple of weeks off a year now and I won't be cancelling, simply because I'll be at the back of another order queue. I feel your frustration mate but only you will know what's best for you moving on. Like you, my estimated delivery at time of ordering was the week before xmas.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

Also is there any EVs that are of similar standard for the same price even without the gov grant added. My family pro performance was a great deal when I ordered in October. At the time my choice was the Leon plug in hybrid or the id3 so I eventually decided on the id3 and I have no regrets. Just wish it would hurry up so I can start saving on fuel.
michbright

Post by michbright »

Well, I'm going to be jumping ship to Cupra soon. We have an Alhambra on HP that is up at the end of next month, so Seat phoned us asking us what we want to do. We do still want and need our car, being a family of 6, but said we'd be interested to test drive the new Cupra Born (Seat dealership has recently upgraded to include Cupra), so we went in last Saturday, test drove one and then we were told they have one that's built and already in the UK coming into their stock in Aurora Blue (the colour I would have chosen had we ordered it ourselves), so we thought it was just meant to be. Incidentally, it's the same salesman who sold us our Alhambra in 2017 and it was a similar thing, very spur of the moment...

We've now arranged to pick it up on 3 September, so it's a shiny new 72 reg car.

I haven't cancelled the ID.3 order yet, just in case disaster strikes and the Born doesn't arrive, so we'll at least have a back up ID.3 for '23.
Life Pro Performance ordered 28/04/22
Makena Turquoise
Build week ??
Order number 32171xxx