Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Malcster

Post by Malcster »

Spoke.to dealer yesterday

Order still showing as others at wk38 although he says production is picking up so it should be sooner hopefully

All his family/max models have this build week all at code 10.
Only new life orders are jumping the queue so maybe be are assembling enough components to do a massive final batch of other specs to clear them out

Re the grant it's still up in the air
My order date is 15/10/21 so I'm hoping if it's built a little earlier it would still arrive and be registered before the 12 months
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date

rags

Post by rags »

My ID3 was delivered on Tuesday, a day earlier than expected. The service I received from JCB Gillingham was very good - special shout out to James Callaway and Eve who were responsive and communicative throughout.

The car came with v3.0 software installed 😀.
I think this is the updated interior?

BAFFB4E4-6F6E-417C-AC56-FFBD6AA82B75.jpeg

Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

Wow. Looks great. Seats are a big improvement imo. Envious you have 3.0 too! Enjoy the carving
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
MLB_ID3

Post by MLB_ID3 »

Malcster wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:52 am Spoke.to dealer yesterday

Order still showing as others at wk38 although he says production is picking up so it should be sooner hopefully

All his family/max models have this build week all at code 10.
Only new life orders are jumping the queue so maybe be are assembling enough components to do a massive final batch of other specs to clear them out

Re the grant it's still up in the air
My order date is 15/10/21 so I'm hoping if it's built a little earlier it would still arrive and be registered before the 12 months
I'm in the same boat. I really hoped I'd get my ID3 in the summer months (so I could enjoy it) so I hope the build comes forward. Looking at the spreadsheet nearly all October orders seem to have been pushed to wk38 so maybe that's a holding forecast for a build week (otherwise there's a lot of production planned for that week!). I could also be grasping at straws!
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **
rags

Post by rags »

Abadgermac wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:17 am Wow. Looks great. Seats are a big improvement imo. Envious you have 3.0 too! Enjoy the carving
Thank you. The software seems to work well and is responsive. Seat fabric is nicer than the car I drove at the time of ordering but tbh I wouldn't be too bothered either way.

Finger print covered pic below - sorry hid a part number as no idea if i should be posting it online)

18A6EC2E-1B88-45D0-B3A9-D673CA73B894.jpeg

cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Damn, that looks nice! How do you remember what the fabric felt like from before you ordered? I can barely remember what the interior looked like on my test drive nearly 9 months ago now! Shit, I can't even remember what it was like to drive the car now.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
rags

Post by rags »

cornbutter wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:37 am Damn, that looks nice! How do you remember what the fabric felt like from before you ordered? I can barely remember what the interior looked like on my test drive nearly 9 months ago now! Shit, I can't even remember what it was like to drive the car now.
My memory isn't great lol but the original seat material definitely felt harder and a more canvas like from recollection. Maybe a little bit “cheaper” looking. I still ordered the car though so it wasn't an issue for me. This new one is better imho.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

rags wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:10 am My ID3 was delivered on Tuesday, a day earlier than expected. The service I received from JCB Gillingham was very good - special shout out to James Callaway and Eve who were responsive and communicative throughout.

The car came with v3.0 software installed 😀.
I think this is the updated interior?
Congrats, very nice!

I got updated yesterday for my car. Still none the wiser, no info at all. Nada! I'm beginning to lose the will to live now with vw. Like others on here, I can only hope I get a call out the blue to say it's on its way. I wasn't stressing about the car but now It's annoying the life out of me that a near 9 month old order, I've only been told status 10 and that is all. Urghhh.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
rags

Post by rags »

Jamie1c wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:07 am
Congrats, very nice!

I got updated yesterday for my car. Still none the wiser, no info at all. Nada! I'm beginning to lose the will to live now with vw. Like others on here, I can only hope I get a call out the blue to say it's on its way. I wasn't stressing about the car but now It's annoying the life out of me that a near 9 month old order, I've only been told status 10 and that is all. Urghhh.
Thank you. Just read your signature and you ordered your car slightly before I ordered mine. The current mess is deeply frustrating. Maybe yours is delayed because its a Max and my order was for the Family version? I hope you get yours soon.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

rags wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:28 am
Jamie1c wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:07 am
Congrats, very nice!

Thank you. Just read your signature and you ordered your car slightly before I ordered mine. The current mess is deeply frustrating. Maybe yours is delayed because its a Max and my order was for the Family version? I hope you get yours soon.
You're welcome! I really like the new interior. I passed an id3 yesterday, first one I've seen on the road believe it not.

Yeah max and tours seem to be in the abyss although I see some july orders delivered or on their way. It's the sheer lack of info that frustrates me. If they said you'll have your car by December then I'd be fine with that, it's just the "we know nothing" that's grinding my gears haha.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

This has likely been said many times - but the lack of info OR logic to the order-delivery process is nuts. People are not stupid and can accept delays if they know what is happening.

I wish VW would let us know the process - are they dealt with by order number - built in batches of model, trim, battery size etc…? Or just tell us it’s f%^king random if it is!!

With all crisis - or difficulties it’s often more about how the message is handled more than the actual message!!

Best wishes to everyone with an order in - I’d be tearing my hair out trying to figure out why some came before others etc..!
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Even giving people back the possibility of checking their order themselves instead of prying information out of dealers who seem to be on commission for how little they tell customers.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

Grumps

Post by Grumps »

Hi all,

Just had reply on my monthly update email. Still on week 34 build week, which seems positive (albeit 53 weeks to build) since its held that place since last month. I will save my next enquiry for end of July in the hope that week 34 is my lucky number and might get status code 20 by then.
ID.3 Tour pro S 77 kwh Scale Silver

Ordered 15 Aug 2021
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

The changes to the MY23 configuration is currently unknown but will probably be announced in October or so.
I think the document is in this thread somewhere, its just a renaming of a black paint for the id3. I don't doubt that there will be a 23.5 too. My dealer confirmed it is just a colour name change.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

MotMot wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:38 am This has likely been said many times - but the lack of info OR logic to the order-delivery process is nuts. People are not stupid and can accept delays if they know what is happening.

I wish VW would let us know the process - are they dealt with by order number - built in batches of model, trim, battery size etc…? Or just tell us it’s f%^king random if it is!!

With all crisis - or difficulties it’s often more about how the message is handled more than the actual message!!

Best wishes to everyone with an order in - I’d be tearing my hair out trying to figure out why some came before others etc..!
Exactly this.

Just be upfront with info, don't treat us like idiots, we're all adults and I'm sure we can handle the information they are so reluctant to give out instead of this cluster f*ck of a process leaving everyone clueless.

I know it's all first world problems right now but I'll say it again, I will never entertain VW again. First impressions stick like shit and I'm not putting myself through all this again.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

mediaguy wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:35 am
The changes to the MY23 configuration is currently unknown but will probably be announced in October or so.
I think the document is in this thread somewhere, its just a renaming of a black paint for the id3. I don't doubt that there will be a 23.5 too. My dealer confirmed it is just a colour name change.

There's no need to update the car given the lead times stretching effectively into infinity.

For those interested, How Many Left has updated their data to include Q4 2021 registrations. Here's the tl;dr figures for new registrations by UK model in Q4 2021 that I quickly worked out (E&OE, naturally)

Life - 1396 vehicles registered
Style - 56 vehicles registered
Family - 828 vehicles registered
Max - 57 vehicles registered
Tour - 183 vehicles registered

Max owners, you can rejoice knowing that your cars are remarkably rare, rarer even than Tours ! 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Cheese Fiend

Post by Cheese Fiend »

Utumno wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:53 pm
Cheese Fiend wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:34 pm Well it looks like things are moving a bit with the older orders….. my Tour (ordered early Aug 2021) has also finally arrived at UK docks somewhere. Hopefully will get my hands on it in a couple of weeks!

Excellent news!
Cheese Fiend wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:34 pm A couple of questions out of interest, if anyone could help me out…..

1/ has anyone received an MY22 build with 2.4 (or 3.0) software on it? Or have they all been delivered with 2.3

Builds < wk51/2021 so far have all had 2.3 factory installed.
Cheese Fiend wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:34 pm 2/ Is the 2.3 to 2.4 s/w upgrade process even rolled out yet? I know cars have arrived with 2.4 and 3.0 pre-installed ,but has anyone undergone the upgrade process (especially on an MY22)

Nope. My own personal view on this is that this process won't start for another quarter, and the OTA won't start until 2023.
Cheese Fiend wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:34 pm 3/ Someone kindly mentioned spotting bits of corrosion on long-standing orders (which have presumably been sitting in a car park over winter). Where are the most obvious spots to look for this? I’ve really no idea what I should be looking for tbh

Door fixings and the like, as well as corrosion on the front discs. To be honest the corrosion seemed no worse than you would have from having it sat on your own drive for the same period to me, but it's a bit galling.

Cheese Fiend wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:34 pm Thanks Utumno for keeping thje spreadsheet going - if you could change my status please (and good look with the Tesla!)

Thank you kindly - and I've moved you to the "Delivering" tab in readiness for your collection in a couple of weeks ! Thanks for updating us all and I really hope you enjoy the car when you get to collect !
Thanks for the help!! Much appreciated. Will keep you posted when things progress…..
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered July 2021 via Drive The Deal
Delivered June 2022
Order Number - 3140xxxx
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Utumno wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:49 am
Max owners, you can rejoice knowing that your cars are remarkably rare, rarer even than Tours ! 😂
Thanks!!!
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
dod1970

Post by dod1970 »

Hi all,
Long time “reader” on here and I’d like to say thanks for all the information/input, especially Utumno for the impressive spreadsheet 👍.

After reading this thread for the last few months I realise I am one of the very lucky few!! I ordered my Tour (stonewashed blue) in November’21, through VW Drive (business lease), colours were limited and spec couldn’t be changed so I assume it was already in production. The deal was too good to turn down and the Tour spec is great anyway so I didn’t need to change anything. After being at status 20 since January, with what felt like no chance of that status changing, the car suddenly arrived in the country about 3 weeks ago. Anyway, the car was delivered yesterday and it was well worth the wait. We took it for a day trip from Sheffield to Southport today, 200 mile round trip, and it still has 145 range left. My previous car was an E Golf with max. 180 range so the bigger battery is more then welcome and the ID.3 is definitely an upgrade. The car is a MY22 and the software is 2.3 so it has been in production for a while.

The HUD display is strange at first but is so good when you get used to it.

I’ve only taken this one picture of the car so far I’ve been too busy enjoying it!!

I hope everyone gets their cars soon and it will be worth the wait.

79AD225A-519C-4E8A-994C-13ED7005412E.jpeg

ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

I'm in the same boat. I really hoped I'd get my ID3 in the summer months (so I could enjoy it) so I hope the build comes forward. Looking at the spreadsheet nearly all October orders seem to have been pushed to wk38 so maybe that's a holding forecast for a build week (otherwise there's a lot of production planned for that week!). I could also be grasping at straws!

We’ll I’m still at status 00, it’ll be 8 month soon since order placed!
Unbelievably crap service!
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27