Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

Tom_1985 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:03 pm Soooooo……

Our life Pro is suppose to commence build week 26, next Monday. Our dealer has sent me a screenshot still showing status 10 only a week out. Is anyone else in the same boat ??

Lots of people on the Facebook groups being phoned by dealers to say cars are at the port but system still showing 00, also lots of orders jumping straight from status 10 to 30, all seems a bit fubarred atm
Hi Guys,

Just had a call from the dealership today to say the car is actually built!!!!! I am one of those from no confirm build week to built (according to the information from the dealer). It is currently awaiting ship and expected delivery in July.

So, the factory must be building Family spec. in bulk now.....

Hope everyone get their order soon!
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid

MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

Alongwait wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:54 pm

Our life Pro is suppose to commence build week 26, next Monday. Our dealer has sent me a screenshot still showing status 10 only a week out. Is anyone else in the same boat ??

Lots of people on the Facebook groups being phoned by dealers to say cars are at the port but system still showing 00, also lots of orders jumping straight from status 10 to 30, all seems a bit fubarred atm
Hi Guys,

Just had a call from the dealership today to say the car is actually built!!!!! I am one of those from no confirm build week to built (according to the information from the dealer). It is currently awaiting ship and expected delivery in July.

Great news, there is hope for my order yet :)
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Alongwait wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:54 pm

Hi Guys,

Ours is a life pro, with assistance pack plus and andoya’s in Makena. Suppose to start build 27th June. But hasn’t moved off status 10 for 12 weeks, would have thought build would have locked 6 days out, but it seems the dealer system is all over the shop at the moment.

Fingers crossed it’s already built or going to be built next week 😊
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I had a call from my dealer today advising that my car is very likely to arrive beyond the 12 month time limit for the Gov grant. My car was ordered on the 9th of Sept and is expected to be delivered in October. They remain confident that they can work on the package to offset the loss. I am in the process of buying a Born from stock so will not cancel until that deal is completed.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Xander054

Post by Xander054 »

DickieBoy wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:36 pm
Xander054 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:39 am Looks like my estimated build has slipped to week 41, which is the middle of October. Transport loans people will honour my application but need a signed, company headed doc for the dealer.

Still holding out hope that it will be moved up like some of you guys!
Hey. Is that the EST loan in Scotland? I asked for an extension mid march as that's when the 4 month limit was and they extended till end of September but the email sounded like it was as far as they were planning to push things. Be good to hear if they are open to extending past that point as that would reduce my anxiety slightly.

Yes it is, here is what they said.

“ Thank you for informing us, the maximum extension we usually do is until 30th September 2022. However, could you please provide a letterheaded document from the dealership that states the delay and has an estimated delivery date on. Once received I will forward this to management for approval.”

Did you go for the VW PCP to get the £1750 price reduction? I’m still trying to figure out how it all works but someone on here said you cancel within 14days and you can keep your discount. EST approved it with the discount showing on the order confirmation so I’m hoping it will be OK!
ID3 Family Pro Performance
White with Andoya wheels
Transport hitch

The JCB Group
Order confirmed 28/10/21
Build week 34 2022
Order number 3151****
Status - 30 1/10/2022, 38 21/10/2022
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

Xander054 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:16 pm Yes it is, here is what they said.

“ Thank you for informing us, the maximum extension we usually do is until 30th September 2022. However, could you please provide a letterheaded document from the dealership that states the delay and has an estimated delivery date on. Once received I will forward this to management for approval.”

Did you go for the VW PCP to get the £1750 price reduction? I’m still trying to figure out how it all works but someone on here said you cancel within 14days and you can keep your discount. EST approved it with the discount showing on the order confirmation so I’m hoping it will be OK!
Ah that's good sounds like they at least might entertain it. RE PCP no given the finance is coming from the loan I assumed that wouldn't be allowed on either the VW side or the EST side. Be some good going if it is mind. £1750 discount and a 6 year interest free loan.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Repaying of a PCP in order to benefit from finance contribution was always within the rules when I was working at Audi and then with BMW, it was frowned upon a little by sales people advising customers of that being a possibility as I hurts the business/finance managers retention rates, but to be fair not all that many customers used to pay it off as rates back then we’re usually quite favourable.
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week - Unknown, advised March 23 delivery
Order Number - 31401131 - Changed to 31401162
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I did that back in ‘21 to get the 1750 discount. Absolutely fine. Not available now though of course…
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

marknorton1 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:39 pm Repaying of a PCP in order to benefit from finance contribution was always within the rules when I was working at Audi and then with BMW, it was frowned upon a little by sales people advising customers of that being a possibility as I hurts the business/finance managers retention rates, but to be fair not all that many customers used to pay it off as rates back then we’re usually quite favourable.
Yeah it was more the EST end that I thought might have issues. The loan is for purchasing a vehicle and I just thought paying off PCP wouldn't be classed as purchasing a vehicle. I know very little about PCP and the EST loan though. And sounds like so far they haven't had issues.
Thagomizer

Post by Thagomizer »

Long time lurker…

Just had a email from my dealer. Build week 27 (week starting 4 July) but it might change.

Family Pro Performance in stonewash blue.
Order no: 3149xxxx
Ordered: 9 Oct 21
jimbaxter

Post by jimbaxter »

My car has just moved from May to November which I had been waiting to happen for a while. Just hope it will not slip any more.
13th Jan: Ordered ID3 Family Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey.
Order #315109xx
ETA 01/2023 (Car part of pre-orders from Oct 2021)

Last update 19th Aug: Build Week 49/2022
ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Flaming76

Post by Flaming76 »

Called my dealership today……….still 00. They’re really positive that they may know more next month, ffs.
Fam Pro Perf, 19” Andoya alloys, bike rack prep in turquoise.
Ordered 20.10.21 dealer placed order 25.10.21
Estimated delivery early May 2022, now status 20 build week 38, status 60 early Nov, delivery December!!
Order No 31515***
jmw

Post by jmw »

Quick update that I managed to get a VW order number and a status update of "Still waiting for a build slot to be confirmed from the factory" which equates to 0 i guess.

Looking at the order spreadsheet i see no logic in the way cars are being built, even for those of the same model it seems random, you'd hope they'd build them according to order date but earlier ones are left waiting and newer orders are built. Obviously we are only seeing a fraction of what the order list actually is but it's frustrating to see more recently ordered cars getting built. I wonder if some dealers have more leverage than others?
VW ID3 Family Pro Moonstone Grey
Ordered: 16 Nov 2021
Current Estimated delivery: September 2022
VW Order#: 31553***
VW Build Status: Waiting on build slot to be confirmed
Ordered as company car
ricko

Post by ricko »

jmw wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:31 am Quick update that I managed to get a VW order number and a status update of "Still waiting for a build slot to be confirmed from the factory" which equates to 0 i guess.

Looking at the order spreadsheet i see no logic in the way cars are being built, even for those of the same model it seems random, you'd hope they'd build them according to order date but earlier ones are left waiting and newer orders are built. Obviously we are only seeing a fraction of what the order list actually is but it's frustrating to see more recently ordered cars getting built. I wonder if some dealers have more leverage than others?
I suspect they are focusing on getting cars out that are approaching the 12 months from order point, so avoiding the grant expiry issues

Rick
Life Pro Performance Kings Red + heatpump
Ordered 11/10/2021 @ Inchcape
Build week 38/22
Collected 20/07/22

Intelligent Octopus referral link (£50 credit) : https://share.octopus.energy/frost-snake-180
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Just updated my sig with what I know of my order with Plan Leasing for my Pro S Tour, not sure on when exactly they ordered it other than they advised around 10 months ago.

Currently build week 41!
Member-1677

Post by Member-1677 »

Come the end of the month, when I get my monthly update from the dealer that'll be 8 months since I ordered. If there's no progress by then, even moving to status 10, I have zero faith it will be built and delivered in 2022. For a bog Standard Life model, with no fancy add ons, is very poor. Its only compiunded by VW shocking updates, and greed as they continue to release more/bigger cars. As many have said, there's no ryhme or reason to how its decided what is built first.

With this, and the obscene cost of living and energy bills set to sky rocket again come autumn, this may force my hand to cancel and stick with the ICE car for another few years. Will see how what the next couple of updates are before calling it.
Life Pro - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered - 04.11.21
Order No - 3153****
Status - was 10, now 00
Build week was 45, then 47 now unknown!!!
Est delivery was Jan 2023: now......
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

There will be some logic it's just not obvious to us based on the data and it's probably fairly complex and likely weighted towards maximum throughput/profit rather than length of wait. It will take into account availability of parts, options and date of order but will likely include various other things. If dealers are assigned batches of slots then that could be a factor. Type of order retail/fleet might play a part. Who knows.
whittaker52

Post by whittaker52 »

After 2 months, finally an update from my dealer! My build slot has been pushed back from week 35 to week 36. At this point i'll believe it when I see it and the car actually goes into build, but at least the build weeks have so far stayed fairly stable for my car.
MY 2023 58KW Makena Turquoise Max Pro Performance
Ordered: Mid-September 2021
Delivered May 31st 2023
Xander054

Post by Xander054 »

Thagomizer wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:24 pm Long time lurker…

Just had a email from my dealer. Build week 27 (week starting 4 July) but it might change.

Family Pro Performance in stonewash blue.
Order no: 3149xxxx
Ordered: 9 Oct 21
Had you been moved up from from later on in the year? A lot of orders placed in September/October ‘21 were sitting at a build date of May/June were all bumped to Sept/October.
ID3 Family Pro Performance
White with Andoya wheels
Transport hitch

The JCB Group
Order confirmed 28/10/21
Build week 34 2022
Order number 3151****
Status - 30 1/10/2022, 38 21/10/2022
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Just out of interest, does anyone know when the next model year comes into effect, just wondering what myself and others with current October onwards build weeks can expect, and of course how long are the prices likely to be protected for, I've only just ordered mine via the lease company and the order I have taken was placed last year so not sure what is likely to happen, I dare say I'm as much in the dark as many others on here.