New car reg number

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
beacon39

Post by beacon39 »

I arranged the 5 day insurance without the dealer code. I just phoned 0345 300 6119 and gave the car details including the reg number. I told them I didn't have the dealer code but they were happy to accept the dealer's name and location. They e-mailed a copy of the certificate straight away. They also sent the annual quote but it was higher than I found elsewhere.
Life Pro Performance, Stonewashed Blue - East Derry alloys - Heat pump
Aberdeen, Scotland

beacon39

Post by beacon39 »

I forgot to mention - the Insurance Product Information Document says 'An excess may be payable, and amounts can differ according to claim type and who is driving'.
'
Aberdeen, Scotland
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

beacon39 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:15 pm I forgot to mention - the Insurance Product Information Document says 'An excess may be payable, and amounts can differ according to claim type and who is driving'.
'
So how much would that be then?
Talk-torque

Post by Talk-torque »

Persist with the dealer! They will not be over busy - they have few new cars to sell. Anyway, you are a paying customer, spending a lot of money. Better still, go visit them! They will have a bunch of possible numbers that you should be able to choose from. Not very often anything special, these days, but who knows? This should be a pleasant experience! Don’t let your dealer spoil it for you. If you continue to get poor responses, ask to speak with the dealer principal. If he doesn’t sort it, get on to VW UK. They don’t like this sort of thing.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Talk-torque wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:03 am Persist with the dealer! They will not be over busy - they have few new cars to sell. Anyway, you are a paying customer, spending a lot of money. Better still, go visit them! They will have a bunch of possible numbers that you should be able to choose from. Not very often anything special, these days, but who knows? This should be a pleasant experience! Don’t let your dealer spoil it for you. If you continue to get poor responses, ask to speak with the dealer principal. If he doesn’t sort it, get on to VW UK. They don’t like this sort of thing.
They have told me, in the past, that they don't have enough staff. I think, with the staff they have, they are actually very busy. Remember, September 1st is a new registration plate number. I wasn't bothered about the the new number thing, it was a coincidence with our delivery, but a lot of people do like this new number thing.
beacon39

Post by beacon39 »

Scratch wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:32 am
beacon39 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:15 pm I forgot to mention - the Insurance Product Information Document says 'An excess may be payable, and amounts can differ according to claim type and who is driving'.
'
I don't know. Amounts can differ. That's all it says on the PID received after accepting the insurance. The excess wasn't high on 'my need to know' list as I was arranging the insurance at 5.30 pm the evening before picking up the car. (The car was a pre-order and I collected it a week after taking a test drive. Reading about current delivery dates, I'm glad I went for it even though it had a heat pump, which I made clear to the dealer I wasn't too fussed about. He knocked £750 off the price of the heat pump.)
Aberdeen, Scotland
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

beacon39 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:59 am
'
I don't know. Amounts can differ. That's all it says on the PID received after accepting the insurance. The excess wasn't high on 'my need to know' list as I was arranging the insurance at 5.30 pm the evening before picking up the car. (The car was a pre-order and I collected it a week after taking a test drive. Reading about current delivery dates, I'm glad I went for it even though it had a heat pump, which I made clear to the dealer I wasn't too fussed about. He knocked £750 off the price of the heat pump.)
Your car is the exact same spec as ours. I originally wasn't going for the heat pump but that was the only one they could source at the time. Did they knock off the £750 from the already reduced heat pump price?
beacon39

Post by beacon39 »

Scratch wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:24 am

Your car is the exact same spec as ours. I originally wasn't going for the heat pump but that was the only one they could source at the time. Did they knock off the £750 from the already reduced heat pump price?
No, off the list price £1260 as at 3.6.2021. Although he said it was off the heat pump, no doubt to counter my faked resistance to it, some of it may have been a general discount he would have offered anyway.
Aberdeen, Scotland
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

beacon39 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:08 am

No, off the list price £1260 as at 3.6.2021. Although he said it was off the heat pump, no doubt to counter my faked resistance to it, some of it may have been a general discount he would have offered anyway.
With respect to the heat pump, you got a better deal than we did.
beacon39

Post by beacon39 »

Scratch wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:16 am
beacon39 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:08 am

With respect to the heat pump, you got a better deal than we did.
Maybe. Anyway, enjoy your ID.3. Hope you get things sorted out.
Aberdeen, Scotland
Alanpyle

Post by Alanpyle »

I'm having the same problem with my dealer, can't talk to anybody and told they would ring back NOTHING
Reported to VW still waiting for ring back Day 2