WeConnect ID3 won't read my ID3 - help!

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
cstandinguk

Post by cstandinguk »

Hi Everyone,

This week I picked up my new ID3 (Life Pro). Really loving the car but I cannot get anywhere with the WeConnect app.

I've attached screen shots of the app, and I find it odd it refers to me as the 'guest' user then crashes when I try and make myself primary.

The app just keeps saying it cannot connect to the car.

I've done the following things so far:

- I've registered with MyVolksWagen and the WeConnect app no problem.
- I've also followed the steps and scanned the QR code from the Infotainment system which shows everything is online.
- Following advice from the helpline I've done a factory reset on the infotainment system and deleted and re-installed the app multiple times.

Is there anything I've not done or can anyone recommend anything that might help?

Many Thanks

IMG_4245.PNG

IMG_4244.PNG

IMG_4243.PNG

jdonnell

Post by jdonnell »

I collected my car yesterday and I have the exact same issue spoke to vw support today and they could not help me at all so I would love to know if anyone has been able to sort this issue out.
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

I remember having a similar issue. I ended up resetting infotainment and deleted the app on my phone. I then followed the handbook sequence word for word. It worked! It was hard, I usually get stuck in with what I think I should do and manage to get by, unfortunately VW is proving a challenge. Sorry I can't offer more, good luck with it.
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
cstandinguk

Post by cstandinguk »

robgarth wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:32 pm I remember having a similar issue. I ended up resetting infotainment and deleted the app on my phone. I then followed the handbook sequence word for word. It worked! It was hard, I usually get stuck in with what I think I should do and manage to get by, unfortunately VW is proving a challenge. Sorry I can't offer more, good luck with it.
Thanks all, great to know I’m not alone!! I’ve also sent customer services an email with these screenshots so I’ll paste any replies in here.

@robgarth can I ask which handbook you followed?

Cheers
Noel

Post by Noel »

Thanks cstandinguk, I have exactly the same issue. Can you keep me posted please?
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

Noel, I followed the paperback version.
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
Southwellpeter

Post by Southwellpeter »

I had trouble at home and put it down to a poor phone signal, or signal to the car. Tried in a town and it connected without a problem
Life Pro-Performance, Stonewashed Blue, East Derry Alloys, 58KWh battery. Pod Point Home charger
jdonnell

Post by jdonnell »

Southwellpeter wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:02 pm I had trouble at home and put it down to a poor phone signal, or signal to the car. Tried in a town and it connected without a problem
Interesting I have tried this at multiple locations for nearly a week now with no success seems like a backend issue to me, loads of people in the Facebook group have it as well. When did you get your car as it seems people who collected in the last 2 weeks are the ones with the issue