A few niggles

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Potter

Post by Potter »

Into 3rd week of ownership and very pleased overall with the experience. Just a few niggles, I wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same.

1. Just been to Tesco and used the pod point charger. Unfortunately on returning to the car I couldn't disconnect the charger cable despite logging out of the app. Had to ring pod point to do something at their end. I could then remove the cable from the charger but not the car. They then did something else from their end so I could disconnect from the car. All very frustrating as it was torrential rain and a lengthy delay (I don't know if their help desk operates 24/7, I guess if not I could be walking home with my shopping!!). The guy said there is a manual release catch inside the boot adjacent to the charge point on the car. Just had a look but couldn't find it).
2. The inside rear passenger door wells get very wet when it rains.
3. As per the topic posted earlier, I am having issues opening the boot. It seems very random when it wants to work.

Any observations would be welcomed.

robgarth

Post by robgarth »

When I use Tesco pod point I usually stop the charge with WeConnect or in car since I had a similar thing. I'm not convinced it's a fault probably 'finger trouble'.
Not seen any leaks while it's raining. Could something have been trapped in the door seal.
I found that I need to have the key close to the boot for keyless to work, also press boot release slowly and pause until it functions. I find opening with keyless to be temperamental all round but, again, keeping the key close to car works.
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Thanks Rob.

How do you stop the charge in car?
Reference the leaks nothing trapped, the wet gets in on both doors wells.
I always have the key with me and stand next to the car when trying to open the boot. I'll try the slow and deliberate approach!
Jonty0560

Post by Jonty0560 »

I was going to suggest that you try unlocking the car twice, but have just taken the 3kw charger off mine having unlocked the car using the door handle only. It had stopped charging at 80%. Try unlocking twice? The manual says to try unlocking three times in quick succession.

https://userguide.volkswagen.de

No issues with leaks. I’ll have a test. Needs a wash, maybe at the weekend. Karcher to hand.
Just found that the interior lights don’t come on when you open the drivers door, another thing to search for.
Id3 Max, stonewash blue, purchased June 21
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Hi Potter
On 1) my very first public charge at the beginning of this year I had much the same problem at a tesco podpoint. I could disconnect the car but my cable would not release from the charger. It took podpoint an hour and multiple attempts to remotely reset the charger. Finally there was a slight click and I was able to disconnect.
It was zero degrees and getting dark.
I was really worried I had done something wrong but now 9 months on it has never happened again.
2) never had the rear get wet
3) I have to double or treble click to open.
I also remember changing something in settings early on to open all doors and not just the drivers door. Its probably in vehicle/doors with some options.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Do you mean inside the car? Or the painted bit outside of the rubber seals around the car side of the door opening? If the latter - mine too - and that’s ok surely it’s the outside of the car.
cloudID3

Post by cloudID3 »

When you open the boot on the side of the charge port there is a fabric/carpet piece that if you look closely comes away from the side. There is a manual release pull behind it should you have difficulties getting the cable to release from the car, this will release it manually.
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

Potter. You asked how I stop the charge in car. It's a slide switch near top of screen when in Vehicle - charge. I find that if I open the car using keyless I have to still use the fob to unlock the charge flap. I have the key on me as well but it I find it needs to be in the pocket nearest the door. Changed the battery and it's still the same but I'm ok it
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.