Speakers and Audio

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
rawws

Post by rawws »

Hi still waiting for delivery of id3 business pro,

I know most of the trims have front speakers only, my question is does this affect sound quality of the driver from music calls etc how much of a difference is it from cars with front rear speakers.

Also curious why vw only did front speakers are they using some kind of technology that makes rear speakers irrelevant.

Is not having rear speakers a major issue in your view. Music audio quality etc bass etc
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw

Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

As in the main there are only two of us in the car g haven't noticed any real difference, my music sounds fine, the other thing to remember is it depends very much on your age as its been proven that your hearing starts to worsen at a quite young age so all the fancy speakers etc in the world have little effect when your an old un
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
bowsh123

Post by bowsh123 »

I was worried music would sound bad but to be honest if i didn't already know there were no rear speakers i wouldn't have guessed, saying that I've not sat in the back though... from a driver point of view ive noticed no difference from when I've driven other new cars with standard speakers.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

In the front, I would never know there are no rear speakers.

I’ve tested in a Golf 8 which had them, moving the focus all the way to the front and leaving it balanced front/rear, and couldn’t really tell the difference.

If you are sitting in the rear it’s not such good news, the quality isn’t great. My occasional rear passengers are my teenage sons, they usually have ear buds in with their own music anyway.

The ideal spot for audio is right between the heads of the front passengers, where nobody’s head will ever be!
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Music sounds fine in our Life model. I didn't buy the car to entertain the rear passengers. If you have kids, they probably don't want to listen to our old stuff anyway.
rawws

Post by rawws »

Scratch wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:20 pm Music sounds fine in our Life model. I didn't buy the car to entertain the rear passengers. If you have kids, they probably don't want to listen to our old stuff anyway.
True, mostly drive alone, thanks for feedback, it's just that I like my music when driving just wondering what the audio quality is like. Going by the comments should be fine i guess. Thanks
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw