Doom and Gloom

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Jonty0560

Post by Jonty0560 »

I collected my Id3 on 29 June having ordered it on 11 June. I think I was lucky that they had a Max in the right colour. The salesperson put a lot of effort in getting me a good deal so that we could have Alloy wheels rather than the steel wheels with trims (VW, cheap, Alloys should be standard on a vehicle of this value!!!). Otherwise we would have had to order with delivery around now.
Infotainment controller failed after 3 weeks which was disappointing, but fixed faster than they said. All working fine now. Fitted mud flaps from Torque Alliance and footwell mats from carmats.co.UK.
Still working out consumption, miles available seems to drop rapidly on a long journey but overall seems to settle on an average of around 3.8miles per kWh so 220 mile range potentially.
I haven’t used a public charge point yet, manage with the granny charger though I do have a Zappi on order. Try to charge and make most of the power from my solar panels.
Likes: ACC, good acceleration, apple car play, quietness, keyless unlocking, keyless locking, under boot floor storage, space in the rear, 12v socket in the boot, phone charger.
Dislikes: Foot pedals (from a tank?), interior materials - lacks that real quality feel, wish the head rests folded.
Wish it had: leather seats, head rests that you could actually rest you head on, roof bar approval.

Would be interested to hear more of other peoples likes and dislikes.
Id3 Max, stonewash blue, purchased June 21

rawws

Post by rawws »

Definitely the steel wheels on a 35k car is ridiculous even 15k car has alloys.
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I was happier having ACC, 100kw charging, auto dipping mirror, climate control, auto fold mirrors etc. etc.. as standard and having to pay extra for Alloy wheels if I wanted them...

Skoda obviously think differently and give the Enyaq alloys - but you have to pay for just above everything else as an extra :) At least if alloys are an extra you physically get something you pay for - rather than a software update!

Whilst alloys certainly look much nicer - I don't miss worrying about causing £200 of repair if I gently scrape a kerb whilst parallel parking...
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

John_C wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:15 pm I ordered a Life PP at the beginning of July and was told not to expect delivery until November. I accepted that and if it came earlier I would be very happy. I have been browsing these pages since then and found them to helpful, friendly and very informative. I realise that a lot of new owners would post their problems here and in most cases received quick and useful replies. However, recently these pages seem to convey a lot of doom and gloom making people reconsider their ID 3 orders. There are probably a lot more satisfied ID 3 customers out there that are enjoying their cars and never have any serious issues. It would be nice to hear some of the light-hearted ‘adventures’ like Andreas trip to Italy to offset the despondent views about VW Customer Service, software updates, chip shortages an delivery times. These points are probably all valid but how about discussing some of the good things of the ID3. I'm still looking forward to getting my car regardless of the issues raised.
Apart from some touch switch personal taste, I haven’t heard any serious issues here
Browsing other EV forums there seem to be far more complaints
It’s always been the nature of online forums that complainers dominate
I have had the car for 2 months and not only is it the best car I have ever had, it’s the most fun to drive
My real complaint is that I underestimated my mileage on my PCP as I didn’t realise how much me and my wife find excuses to drive it….
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
NewId3

Post by NewId3 »

Sticking with positive news, pleasantly surprised today when I was able to easily fit the uppababy vista kids buggy in the ID3 boot. In my previous hatchback I had to remove a buggy wheel.

04D29216-2FD6-49DF-BE6B-8F54C5A83D71.jpeg

Pro Life / White / Dustbin lids
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Lets change the thread to Room and Boom 😊
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

I've had mine for just over 5 weeks and today was my long est journey, a 220 mile round trip, involving mainly the A27/A3/M25/M1 and the car is an absolute joy. I got back home with 15% charge left, and I'll take that.
A cracking car.
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

StuartT wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:00 pm I've had mine for just over 5 weeks and today was my long est journey, a 220 mile round trip, involving mainly the A27/A3/M25/M1 and the car is an absolute joy. I got back home with 15% charge left, and I'll take that.
A cracking car.
Which battery do you have?
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

Scratch wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:26 am
StuartT wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:00 pm I've had mine for just over 5 weeks and today was my long est journey, a 220 mile round trip, involving mainly the A27/A3/M25/M1 and the car is an absolute joy. I got back home with 15% charge left, and I'll take that.
A cracking car.
Which battery do you have?
I've got a 58kWh Life Pro.
Granted, I set the ACC at 60mph and didn't really go above that speed. (there were times, due to motorway traffic, when you can't even do 60mph though!)
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021