Car weight - passengers and range?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Yup - AC both ways. TBH it doesnt make a big hit on the M/khw from my brief (3 month) ownership..

colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

Scratch wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:00 am How many out there regularly travel with 4 occupants? We just did a short 80 mile trip and it looks like the miles/KWh was 2.7. Admittedly, I did drive as I would in my old ICE car, so, aircon on, dual carriageways (not many) at 70 mph (+ a bit), using ACC most of the time. I think our last trip with 2 occupants, I was getting around 4 miles/KWh. Not complaining, just wondering out loud.
2.7 is quite low. In the 2/3 months of ownership I have on average 3.8, but I generally try to drive smoothly and a lot at 40-60. My wife goes to work each morning in the car, it’s side roads and traffic all the way, around 8 miles each way. She likes accelerating but doesn’t get much chance. Her journeys are usually around 3.2.

We keep the air conditioning on all the time and the Radio. I haven’t found difference turning it off, perhaps 0.1, but others have different experiences.

Doing long distance between 40-70 with five occupants and full of suitcases still got around 3.8.

Two things I have noticed drain the battery rapidly, driving over 70, rapid accelerating. If I try to avoid these two I turn in much better figures.

In terms of distance, getting around 200 miles for 80% charge. However note the temperature here has been between 15 and 30 centigrade since we bought the car.

Lastly note we drive in B mode all the time. I find it has much more control, and hardly use the brakes compared to my last ICE car.
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674