Pedestrian Warning Sound

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
LongMynd

Post by LongMynd »

Is this something which we are able to switch on and off?
If so, I am very inclined to think that ours is switched off. Either that or I'm going deaf. I'm blessed if I can hear anything much.
I do like the silence, but I can see the logic of a warning sound.

Charles
Charles.
ID.3 Tour with heat-pump

steve

Post by steve »

I can't normally hear it from inside. The exception was in an underground carpark where I opened the windows to try to hear it, and yes I could, very clearly. I can also hear it when my wife drives it and I happen to be outside when she gets home. Which is a long way to say, it does make a sound but you just can't hear it from inside the car.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

No you can’t switch it off, it’s just not very loud.

Best thing to find is a wall you can drive alongside, get the windows down on that side and accelerate/brake.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I notice it most when I de-accelerate from 40 to below 30 (it kicks in about then?) and you can hear a whine like an electric train slowing down (ish)
Deleted User 192

MotMot wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:21 pm I notice it most when I de-accelerate from 40 to below 30 (it kicks in about then?) and you can hear a whine like an electric train slowing down (ish)

That’s not the artificial noise, it only operates up to 12mph.
LongMynd

Post by LongMynd »

Thanks everyone. Very happy with that.

Charles
Charles.
ID.3 Tour with heat-pump
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Are you sure Scott? I thought it went up higher?
Deleted User 192

MotMot wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:49 pm Are you sure Scott? I thought it went up higher?

Yep, I'm sure - this says 30km/h so maybe a bit more than 12mph but definitely not 30-40mph.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/electri ... sound.html