General 2.3 OTA rollout to start

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Yossa

Post by Yossa »

Derry wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:22 am Can anyone advise, I consented to the 2.3OTA a couple of weeks ago and have had no further communication either bu email or via infotainment system, yesterday while my wife was driving yellow warning lights came on advising that the front assist, Lane assist and dynamic road sign systems were not available. I note this happens while the upgrade is taking place can this be starting without our doing anything?, the car is only 41% charged!
It has to be at least at 50% for the update to start, and NOT plugged

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Yes, the download will have started as you've accepted it via the email, once the download is complete you will be offered the option to start the install. If this was cancelled or ignored, you should be offered the option at the Goodbye screen.

It is recommended you have over 50% charge (but it's anecdotally evident that this might not matter) but you definitely cannot charge the car whilst it is updating, if you plug the car into a charger the update will probably fail.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Derry wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:22 am Can anyone advise, I consented to the 2.3OTA a couple of weeks ago and have had no further communication either bu email or via infotainment system, yesterday while my wife was driving yellow warning lights came on advising that the front assist, Lane assist and dynamic road sign systems were not available. I note this happens while the upgrade is taking place can this be starting without our doing anything?, the car is only 41% charged!

That's just the download of part 1, exactly as per the information in the consent request email.

Once part 1 is installed (select the option on the "goodbye" screen when you're ready), those warnings will be gone.

Part 2 will download at some point after that (the same day, the next day, the next week), with no similar warnings.
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

What is the 'goodbye' screen? I can't see anything like it when I leave the car.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
Deleted User 192

gailjon wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:15 pm What is the 'goodbye' screen? I can't see anything like it when I leave the car.

The one that reminds you to take your phone with you, with prompts about stationary AC etc...

Usually seen when pressing P on the drive selector.

It says "goodbye" on the left.
Hussar1854

Post by Hussar1854 »

I have been waiting patiently for the update since I received and accepted the email. It wasn't until I remembered today that somebody on this forum stated that the lights possibly need to be switched off in order for the car to recognise the initial (part 1) of the update. We park the car in a garage the auto lights keep coming on at start up, so I switched them off and immediately got the three warnings of safety systems being offline and about a minute later the update available message came up. I also followed all the advice about having over 50% charge but not plugged in to charge and waiting for a minute or so before depressing the brake pedal on entering the car. So if anyone else is wondering why their car isn't getting the update...turn the lights off and wait and see...it worked for me.
ID.3 Family Pro - Stonewashed Blue, East Derry Wheels.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Interesting. I have not used my car very much in past few weeks, UKs worst ever cold, but will give that one a spin 👍
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
gfoldys

Post by gfoldys »

my lights were on when it started download Monday- lights need to be turned off for install
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

Hussar1854 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:54 pm I have been waiting patiently for the update since I received and accepted the email. It wasn't until I remembered today that somebody on this forum stated that the lights possibly need to be switched off in order for the car to recognise the initial (part 1) of the update. We park the car in a garage the auto lights keep coming on at start up, so I switched them off and immediately got the three warnings of safety systems being offline and about a minute later the update available message came up. I also followed all the advice about having over 50% charge but not plugged in to charge and waiting for a minute or so before depressing the brake pedal on entering the car. So if anyone else is wondering why their car isn't getting the update...turn the lights off and wait and see...it worked for me.
Not sure if it might just have been coincidence with the lights? My updates downloaded fine with the lights on auto, but the actual installation would not start until I had switched them off.

Sounds like maybe the update is still downloading? You should see the install option on the goodbye screen once it's ready.
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

scott28tt wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:40 pm
gailjon wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:15 pm What is the 'goodbye' screen? I can't see anything like it when I leave the car.

The one that reminds you to take your phone with you, with prompts about stationary AC etc...

Thank you. Nothing about update here, but we only have one bar 4g signal so I don't know if that is enough for it to start the update.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Still no sign here either, spent a good deal of time in a 3 bar or more signal last night, still nothing and my Nav Database seems to be stuck on 21.5 too, If I hadn't had the We Charge OTA update I would be getting suspicious by now.
Derry

Post by Derry »

Thanks to those of you who responded to my plea for help yesterday, they calmed me down and this morning all is well!
My advice is take your time, follow the cartoon type video that you get from the link in the invitation email. As some one has said it is important to follow the instructions exactly, I was told to turn off the lights and close the windows,my windows were closed or so I thought but when I pressed the window button they closed a millimeter more! And the installation would not start until I closed the window thar further millimeter.
Derrry
Deleted User 192

gailjon wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:50 am

Thank you. Nothing about update here, but we only have one bar 4g signal so I don't know if that is enough for it to start the update.

Has the update downloaded? You'd know as your front assist systems would be disabled with warning messages.

It's the download which requires connectivity, but that only happens when the car is "started" not when it's sitting there on your drive with nobody in it.

The only part of the installation which needs connectivity is the next time you start the car, I only have a 1-bar signal on my drive and had no issues whatsoever.
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

Is there anyway of checking whether the first update has been installed ?
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Driving to work this morning lots of warnings sbd speedo has disappeared
Is this anything to do with update?
We haven’t had any as yet (OTA)
Thanks
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete
Deleted User 192

colonelpurple wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:00 am Is there anyway of checking whether the first update has been installed ?

All the front assist warnings go away.
Deleted User 192

Hoppy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:04 am Driving to work this morning lots of warnings sbd speedo has disappeared
Is this anything to do with update?
We haven’t had any as yet (OTA)
Thanks

The speedo does not disable/disappear with the part 1 download, there are 3 front assist systems which go offline with yellow warning symbols.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Hoping it’s fixes itself while asleep in car park today

Spoke to VW and if still not working later it sounds like a module breakage together with the SOS one we already have a problem with!!
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

scott28tt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:58 am
gailjon wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:50 am

Has the update downloaded? You'd know as your front assist systems would be disabled with warning messages.

It's the download which requires connectivity, but that only happens when the car is "started" not when it's sitting there on your drive with nobody in it.

The only part of the installation which needs connectivity is the next time you start the car, I only have a 1-bar signal on my drive and had no issues whatsoever.
It worked for me in an underground garage where I only get 1 bar.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
rawws

Post by rawws »

I am still on 2.1 and have not recieved an email for 2.3 is everyone updated or the rollout is still going. I have been signed in the we connect id app for 6 weeks when i got delivery of car, infotainment doesnt show an update and not recieved any email to accept updates
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw