General 2.3 OTA rollout to start

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

Andreas wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:08 pm
Sdeel7491 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:47 pm I’ve got the 2.3 download 3 days ago ,but still waiting for the We Charge app as anyone had the same problem?
I had the WeCharge app without 2.3, so this was clearly extra.

All the best

Andreas
I'd had wecharge installed before 2.3, but noticed as soon as 2.3 was installed that wecharge had disappeared. It did reinstall via another update, which for me came immediately after 2.3 had installed.
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515

Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Andreas wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:08 pm
Sdeel7491 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:47 pm I’ve got the 2.3 download 3 days ago ,but still waiting for the We Charge app as anyone had the same problem?
I had the WeCharge app without 2.3, so this was clearly extra.

All the best

Andreas
I had the WeCharge app before 2.3, but now I have 2.3 (installed a couple of days ago) the WeCharge app has disappeared.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:44 pm
Andreas wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:07 pm But that’s just another mess. If that’s recommended, then why the pop up message when you start the car?

I don’t know, I was just trying to help.
You did. I followed your advice and it actually updated the first and is now in the second. I just hope it doesn't need a permanent connection to the internet for that as the connection has been iffy here during the day.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Seems it's all good now. The mini update ran itself afterwards, putting the new manual on. Thanks for the help!

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Jasonufc

Post by Jasonufc »

I am still waiting and I have followed all the advice from the Facebook owners forum. I.e wait 60 seconds and make sure you have a signal. I park my car in a garage and I have a few dogs so my morning routine is to get the car out of the garage. Lock it up and then harness the dogs before getting them in the car. Could this short period of time the car is online and then in sleep mode be the reason mine hasn’t come yet? I was wondering if keeping the car offline overnight until I am ready to leave the house for the day would help me get the update?
Chivers

Post by Chivers »

My car was showing 2 bars on its signal strength meter and 0.0kbps downloading the update. I found that if I repeatedly tapped the progress bar it very slowly got longer. That confirmed what others have said - that the car was downloading despite showing 0.0kbps.

Tow updates received and the previous faults reported by others disappeared after the update.

WOO-HOO!
ID.3 Family 150kw, built 11/2020.
v2.4 in Apr. 2023. . .
JOL

Post by JOL »

I have been trying to get the 2.3 OTA software (second part to start ). I get to the point where it says to exit the car and lock it to start the update,. When i do this the infotainment screen closes and i get no status bar or visual indicator that update has started, so was unsure, I left fo about 4 hours and revisited but software update was not installed

Is there a visual signal on infotainment to indicate that update has started and is ongoing?
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

JOL wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:35 pm I have been trying to get the 2.3 OTA software (second part to start ). I get to the point where it says to exit the car and lock it to start the update,. When i do this the infotainment screen closes and i get no status bar or visual indicator that update has started, so was unsure, I left fo about 4 hours and revisited but software update was not installed

Is there a visual signal on infotainment to indicate that update has started and is ongoing?
My update all installed OK, as far as I know. I didn't see any visual indication that the update was in progress and certainly no status progress bar.
Yossa

Post by Yossa »

Scratch wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:11 am
JOL wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:35 pm I have been trying to get the 2.3 OTA software (second part to start ). I get to the point where it says to exit the car and lock it to start the update,. When i do this the infotainment screen closes and i get no status bar or visual indicator that update has started, so was unsure, I left fo about 4 hours and revisited but software update was not installed

My update all installed OK, as far as I know. I didn't see any visual indication that the update was in progress and certainly no status progress bar.
I did have an install bar during update, both times
Derry

Post by Derry »

Can anyone advise, I consented to the 2.3OTA a couple of weeks ago and have had no further communication either bu email or via infotainment system, yesterday while my wife was driving yellow warning lights came on advising that the front assist, Lane assist and dynamic road sign systems were not available. I note this happens while the upgrade is taking place can this be starting without our doing anything?, the car is only 41% charged!
Yossa

Post by Yossa »

Derry wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:22 am Can anyone advise, I consented to the 2.3OTA a couple of weeks ago and have had no further communication either bu email or via infotainment system, yesterday while my wife was driving yellow warning lights came on advising that the front assist, Lane assist and dynamic road sign systems were not available. I note this happens while the upgrade is taking place can this be starting without our doing anything?, the car is only 41% charged!
It has to be at least at 50% for the update to start, and NOT plugged
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Yes, the download will have started as you've accepted it via the email, once the download is complete you will be offered the option to start the install. If this was cancelled or ignored, you should be offered the option at the Goodbye screen.

It is recommended you have over 50% charge (but it's anecdotally evident that this might not matter) but you definitely cannot charge the car whilst it is updating, if you plug the car into a charger the update will probably fail.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Derry wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:22 am Can anyone advise, I consented to the 2.3OTA a couple of weeks ago and have had no further communication either bu email or via infotainment system, yesterday while my wife was driving yellow warning lights came on advising that the front assist, Lane assist and dynamic road sign systems were not available. I note this happens while the upgrade is taking place can this be starting without our doing anything?, the car is only 41% charged!

That's just the download of part 1, exactly as per the information in the consent request email.

Once part 1 is installed (select the option on the "goodbye" screen when you're ready), those warnings will be gone.

Part 2 will download at some point after that (the same day, the next day, the next week), with no similar warnings.
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

What is the 'goodbye' screen? I can't see anything like it when I leave the car.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

gailjon wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:15 pm What is the 'goodbye' screen? I can't see anything like it when I leave the car.

The one that reminds you to take your phone with you, with prompts about stationary AC etc...

Usually seen when pressing P on the drive selector.

It says "goodbye" on the left.
Hussar1854

Post by Hussar1854 »

I have been waiting patiently for the update since I received and accepted the email. It wasn't until I remembered today that somebody on this forum stated that the lights possibly need to be switched off in order for the car to recognise the initial (part 1) of the update. We park the car in a garage the auto lights keep coming on at start up, so I switched them off and immediately got the three warnings of safety systems being offline and about a minute later the update available message came up. I also followed all the advice about having over 50% charge but not plugged in to charge and waiting for a minute or so before depressing the brake pedal on entering the car. So if anyone else is wondering why their car isn't getting the update...turn the lights off and wait and see...it worked for me.
ID.3 Family Pro - Stonewashed Blue, East Derry Wheels.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Interesting. I have not used my car very much in past few weeks, UKs worst ever cold, but will give that one a spin 👍
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
gfoldys

Post by gfoldys »

my lights were on when it started download Monday- lights need to be turned off for install
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

Hussar1854 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:54 pm I have been waiting patiently for the update since I received and accepted the email. It wasn't until I remembered today that somebody on this forum stated that the lights possibly need to be switched off in order for the car to recognise the initial (part 1) of the update. We park the car in a garage the auto lights keep coming on at start up, so I switched them off and immediately got the three warnings of safety systems being offline and about a minute later the update available message came up. I also followed all the advice about having over 50% charge but not plugged in to charge and waiting for a minute or so before depressing the brake pedal on entering the car. So if anyone else is wondering why their car isn't getting the update...turn the lights off and wait and see...it worked for me.
Not sure if it might just have been coincidence with the lights? My updates downloaded fine with the lights on auto, but the actual installation would not start until I had switched them off.

Sounds like maybe the update is still downloading? You should see the install option on the goodbye screen once it's ready.
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

scott28tt wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:40 pm
gailjon wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:15 pm What is the 'goodbye' screen? I can't see anything like it when I leave the car.

The one that reminds you to take your phone with you, with prompts about stationary AC etc...

Usually seen when pressing P on the drive selector.

It says "goodbye" on the left.
Thank you. Nothing about update here, but we only have one bar 4g signal so I don't know if that is enough for it to start the update.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104