General 2.3 OTA rollout to start

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Still no sign here either, spent a good deal of time in a 3 bar or more signal last night, still nothing and my Nav Database seems to be stuck on 21.5 too, If I hadn't had the We Charge OTA update I would be getting suspicious by now.

Derry

Post by Derry »

Thanks to those of you who responded to my plea for help yesterday, they calmed me down and this morning all is well!
My advice is take your time, follow the cartoon type video that you get from the link in the invitation email. As some one has said it is important to follow the instructions exactly, I was told to turn off the lights and close the windows,my windows were closed or so I thought but when I pressed the window button they closed a millimeter more! And the installation would not start until I closed the window thar further millimeter.
Derrry
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

gailjon wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:50 am
scott28tt wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:40 pm
gailjon wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:15 pm What is the 'goodbye' screen? I can't see anything like it when I leave the car.

The one that reminds you to take your phone with you, with prompts about stationary AC etc...

Usually seen when pressing P on the drive selector.

It says "goodbye" on the left.
Thank you. Nothing about update here, but we only have one bar 4g signal so I don't know if that is enough for it to start the update.

Has the update downloaded? You'd know as your front assist systems would be disabled with warning messages.

It's the download which requires connectivity, but that only happens when the car is "started" not when it's sitting there on your drive with nobody in it.

The only part of the installation which needs connectivity is the next time you start the car, I only have a 1-bar signal on my drive and had no issues whatsoever.
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

Is there anyway of checking whether the first update has been installed ?
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Driving to work this morning lots of warnings sbd speedo has disappeared
Is this anything to do with update?
We haven’t had any as yet (OTA)
Thanks
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete
Deleted User 192

colonelpurple wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:00 am Is there anyway of checking whether the first update has been installed ?

All the front assist warnings go away.
Deleted User 192

Hoppy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:04 am Driving to work this morning lots of warnings sbd speedo has disappeared
Is this anything to do with update?
We haven’t had any as yet (OTA)
Thanks

The speedo does not disable/disappear with the part 1 download, there are 3 front assist systems which go offline with yellow warning symbols.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Hoping it’s fixes itself while asleep in car park today

Spoke to VW and if still not working later it sounds like a module breakage together with the SOS one we already have a problem with!!
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

scott28tt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:58 am
gailjon wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:50 am
scott28tt wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:40 pm

The one that reminds you to take your phone with you, with prompts about stationary AC etc...

Usually seen when pressing P on the drive selector.

It says "goodbye" on the left.
Thank you. Nothing about update here, but we only have one bar 4g signal so I don't know if that is enough for it to start the update.

Has the update downloaded? You'd know as your front assist systems would be disabled with warning messages.

It's the download which requires connectivity, but that only happens when the car is "started" not when it's sitting there on your drive with nobody in it.

The only part of the installation which needs connectivity is the next time you start the car, I only have a 1-bar signal on my drive and had no issues whatsoever.
It worked for me in an underground garage where I only get 1 bar.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
rawws

Post by rawws »

I am still on 2.1 and have not recieved an email for 2.3 is everyone updated or the rollout is still going. I have been signed in the we connect id app for 6 weeks when i got delivery of car, infotainment doesnt show an update and not recieved any email to accept updates
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

I've had my first edition for 12 months now and no sign of 2.3 update even though i agreed to it by the email
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
G4XUR

Post by G4XUR »

Mine started this morning first thing, did the first part and after getting home it was telling me the "second" part was ready. But had to put it on charge to get the level over 50% to re-get the install option. That done its hopefully doing the 910 final part over night, forget how long it suggested this would take.
This morning 26 Oct 21 all done ID software 2.3 showing. Like clockwork! Hopefully this is sign of VW getting to grips with their role out!
Last edited by G4XUR on Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 192

rawws wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:47 pm I am still on 2.1 and have not recieved an email for 2.3 is everyone updated or the rollout is still going. I have been signed in the we connect id app for 6 weeks when i got delivery of car, infotainment doesnt show an update and not recieved any email to accept updates

If you haven’t had the email the car won’t show anything as VW won’t have approved your VIN.

Send an email to iddirect@volkswagen.de from the email address associated with your VW account used for the We Connect ID. app.
rawws

Post by rawws »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:39 pm
rawws wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:47 pm I am still on 2.1 and have not recieved an email for 2.3 is everyone updated or the rollout is still going. I have been signed in the we connect id app for 6 weeks when i got delivery of car, infotainment doesnt show an update and not recieved any email to accept updates

If you haven’t had the email the car won’t show anything as VW won’t have approved your VIN.

Send an email to iddirect@volkswagen.de from the email address associated with your VW account used for the We Connect ID. app.
Ok thanks have sent them email will see
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

If you only got the car 6 weeks ago you must have just missed it being shipped with 2.3 already. Anyway, I've had the email (1st October) and still haven't had a sign of the update yet so I assume it's still going on.
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

I had the first update around 1 week and a half ago.. still waiting on part 2, it will come at some point I hope :)
2021 Life Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 19" Andoyas - Software 2.3 - SOLD July 2022.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Received email and agreed October 1st, not a dickie bird since. In fairness their email says it may take a few weeks, but at nearly 4 weeks it ought to be around now surely, can't take the suspense :|
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

The WeCharge update happened OK, but queried it anyway with VIN number. Extracts from what looks like a standard reply from We Support .....all points that have been discussed on here

"We would like to inform you that updates are currently available for your vehicle. The update is being prepared in the background. As soon as the update is ready to be installed in the vehicle, this will be displayed on the "Goodbye" screen after you have parked your vehicle on an area with good internet reception....."

"Please take into consideration that during the update, the vehicle cannot be driven, therefore, it is advisable to perform the update at a convenient time that is suitable for you. It is also required that the battery level is at a minimum of 50% and the vehicle is in ‘online mode’....."
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Leccy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:39 am The WeCharge update happened OK, but queried it anyway with VIN number. Extracts from what looks like a standard reply from We Support .....all points that have been discussed on here

"We would like to inform you that updates are currently available for your vehicle. The update is being prepared in the background. As soon as the update is ready to be installed in the vehicle, this will be displayed on the "Goodbye" screen after you have parked your vehicle on an area with good internet reception....."

"Please take into consideration that during the update, the vehicle cannot be driven, therefore, it is advisable to perform the update at a convenient time that is suitable for you. It is also required that the battery level is at a minimum of 50% and the vehicle is in ‘online mode’....."
Exactly the same answer to me yesterday but still no action
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
rawws

Post by rawws »

Ok by these responses i take it the updates havent finished rolling out then, will see if we get the updates this year, my main concern is everyone is saying they got the email to accept the update but i havent. We connect support didnt help much , anyway will wait for few more weeks to see