General 2.3 OTA rollout to start

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:06 pm The nav db updates independently of everything else, in the background, always has done…
Well thank you sir - I must have missed that bit in the Comprehensive documentation. Pardon me.
Are you on 21.9 as well then?
What made me notice it was I spotted that on the video that Battery Life put on YouTube of the version 3 software on the ID.5 that it had version 21.8 of the nav. db. and it surprised me that my car would have a later version than the V3 ID.5!

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Sherlock wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:13 pm
scott28tt wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:06 pm The nav db updates independently of everything else, in the background, always has done…
Well thank you sir - I must have missed that bit in the Comprehensive documentation. Pardon me.
What made me notice it was I spotted that on the video that Battery Life put on YouTube of the version 3 software on the ID.5 that it had version 21.8 of the nav. db. and it surprised me that my car would have a later version than the V3 ID.5!

No idea what mine is on, I use Apple Maps via CarPlay most of the time so don’t really think about it.
JamesT25

Post by JamesT25 »

Just wanted to chime in, mine updated part1 last week, part2 yesterday. Feels much more polished and SNAPPY! A year after I bought the car but at least its a lot more "mature" now

Love VW but this hasn't been an amazing experience
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

V2.3, digital manual and wecharge app
update just completed. Does look a bit more polished nicer, look forward to coming across the improvements.

Changed the home button to 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿, would have preferred a 🇬🇧, but can’t have it all 😆
Last edited by Leccy on Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:22 pm
Sherlock wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:13 pm

No idea what mine is on, I use Apple Maps via CarPlay most of the time so don’t really think about it.
Ah - good for you.
I have never been able to get Android Auto to work without plugging my phone into the USB-C socket and can't be faffed with that every time I get into or out of the car. I prefer to use the car's built-in satnav. That's what it is there for after all.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Leccy wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:08 pm V2.3, digital manual and wecharge app
update just completed. Does look a bit more polished nicer, look forward to coming across the improvements.

Changed the home button to 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿, would have preferred a 🇬🇧, but can’t have it all 😆

The flags are of those nations who qualified for Euro 2020, played in June/July 2021, which goes to show how long ago VW wanted to have them as an option.

I changed mine, then changed it back again.
Last edited by Deleted User 192 on Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

My android auto works perfectly wirelessly, i even surprised myself when i got it to work
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Ah, of course @scott28tt, their UEFA sponsorship, better late than never.
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
Dluks

Post by Dluks »

VWID3-1st wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:46 am Hi All

Yesterday I installed the software update on my ID3, which failed and I got this error on my screen " system update not complete. Observe warning! Vehicle wallet!".

Anyone else got this error when they updated/installed the software.

20211016_193225.jpg
Hi, has anyone solved this? My local dealer said they won't be able to reinstall 2.3 to my car as it is only available as OTA.
Weird thing is that the update seems complete to me, system says it's 2.3 and everything seems to work. But it just keeps showing that warning.