ACC wants to do the speed-limit

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

And not the speed I set it to. I've had my ID.3 for about 4 weeks and I'm loving it, with no niggles to report until today. I've just returned from spending a few days on the Isle of Wight seeing family, where ACC is not required nor recommended(!), and as I was exiting Portsmouth the ACC decided it wanted to do the speed-limit and suddenly started accelerating beyond the speed I had set it to. Any ideas?
Thanks, in anticipation.
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021

robgarth

Post by robgarth »

I've had similar but it was a mistake by me. I'd somehow held the adjust speed up button, a long hold sets it 10mph higher. The longhold isn't very long and only needs a lite touch. Did you check the set speed or assume it stayed as you set?
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Once activated, it will stick to speed limits when they change by default. I think you can stop it from doing that by changing settings.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

On the ACC screen - tap the roadsign on the graphic picture of a car driving along a road etc.. its the reading roadsign speeds option you want to switch off.
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

robgarth wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:24 pm I've had similar but it was a mistake by me. I'd somehow held the adjust speed up button, a long hold sets it 10mph higher. The longhold isn't very long and only needs a lite touch. Did you check the set speed or assume it stayed as you set?
At the time, I'd set the ACC to 50mph and the second I went past a 60mph sign, the car started accelerating to 60mph and the car started accelerating to 70mph when I went past a national speed limit sign onto the M275. Neither time had I touched anything and the speed I'd set was still 50mph, is my defence, m'lud :)
It could well have been human error though...
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

scott28tt wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:42 pm Once activated, it will stick to speed limits when they change by default. I think you can stop it from doing that by changing settings.
Settings is where I'm headed next, cheers
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

MotMot wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:09 pm On the ACC screen - tap the roadsign on the graphic picture of a car driving along a road etc.. its the reading roadsign speeds option you want to switch off.
Thanks for this, I'm off to have a look and hopefully sort things out.
I'm thinking that this is part and parcel, when you're sitting in a computer with wheels, of changing from analogue driving to digital driving... :D
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

StuartT wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:45 am At the time, I'd set the ACC to 50mph and the second I went past a 60mph sign, the car started accelerating to 60mph and the car started accelerating to 70mph when I went past a national speed limit sign onto the M275. Neither time had I touched anything and the speed I'd set was still 50mph, is my defence, m'lud :)
It could well have been human error though...

Yes, that's the default behaviour.
smyth1492

Post by smyth1492 »

StuartT wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:04 pm And not the speed I set it to. I've had my ID.3 for about 4 weeks and I'm loving it, with no niggles to report until today. I've just returned from spending a few days on the Isle of Wight seeing family, where ACC is not required nor recommended(!), and as I was exiting Portsmouth the ACC decided it wanted to do the speed-limit and suddenly started accelerating beyond the speed I had set it to. Any ideas?
Thanks, in anticipation.
Hi StuartT
Did you get to the bottom of this - its frustrating. (I want the car to return to my set speed when coming out of a slower speed zone and not return to the national speed limit)
ID.3 Family Pro (May 22), Grey / East Derry alloys. Software 3.2. (2.4 dealer / 3.0 OTA / 3.1 dealer / 3.2 OTA).
PodPoint Solo charger / Car linked to Tronity for stats
Hypercube

Post by Hypercube »

Follow MotMot’s directions above.

As understand it, there are options to automatically adjust to posted speed limits (default) or to travel at the set speed. For the latter select off for ‘react to permitted speeds’ in the assist systems menu for ACC

It does say in the manual that you can override the speed change during its announcement by ACC. I will try that next time I’m driving.

I only found this because I have the original manual for the car.

I have mine set to default but I’m ready to reset the speed to my preference particularly when passing a national speed limit sign.
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

smyth1492 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:19 pm
StuartT wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:04 pm And not the speed I set it to. I've had my ID.3 for about 4 weeks and I'm loving it, with no niggles to report until today. I've just returned from spending a few days on the Isle of Wight seeing family, where ACC is not required nor recommended(!), and as I was exiting Portsmouth the ACC decided it wanted to do the speed-limit and suddenly started accelerating beyond the speed I had set it to. Any ideas?
Thanks, in anticipation.
Hi StuartT
Did you get to the bottom of this - its frustrating. (I want the car to return to my set speed when coming out of a slower speed zone and not return to the national speed limit)

Hello there, to be honest, I think I followed MotMot's instructions but it seems like ages ago, the car has behaved itself beautifully since, and I can't honestly remember what I did! (I'm only human...)
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

A tiny tap on the accelerator also stops any auto slow downs