VW e-Pass in France?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
SteveJ180

Post by SteveJ180 »

Hi.. I may be missing something here, but Chargemap suggests that a number of charging stations in France accept the ‘VW e-Pass’ as a payment/authentication method. I can’t find any reference to that online though, and have ordered the We Connect Go card through the app. I’m wondering if the e-Pass is something different, perhaps something obsolete? Anyone know whether the We Connect app/card will work at such chargers?
Thanks!
ID.3 Life Pro | 58kW | Moonstone Grey | since September 2021

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
SteveJ180

Post by SteveJ180 »

Thanks Utumno... but that article is 5 years old. I can't find any up to date information about the e-Pass, or whether this has been superseded by We Charge Go. What I really want to know is, at chargers in France that advertise they accept VW e-Pass, will then accept We Charge Go?
ID.3 Life Pro | 58kW | Moonstone Grey | since September 2021
LongMynd

Post by LongMynd »

Apart from Ionity, I have found it impossible to tell which networks can be accessed with the We Charge card.
If you identify a charger of interest using Zapmap in the UK or ChargeMap in France and then see if the same charger is visible in the map of the We Charge app then you will find that a large number of slower chargers are accessible. I am aware for example that some, at least, of the charges run in France by eBorne and SEDA can be accessed with the We Charge card.
In the UK some of the New Motion (Shell) outlets take a VW card and are actually cheaper if you use the VW card than the Shell one.

Good Luck,

Charles
Charles.
ID.3 Tour with heat-pump
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Open the We Connect ID. app, go to the map section, go to filters and select We Charge.

The map will only show you chargers that you can use with the card.

Even better, there’s a CCS filter so you can just show rapids.
Chivers

Post by Chivers »

Thanks Utumno... but your article refers to Easytrip.

Easytrip used to be the concession that ran a section of the French autoroutes, but that was bought up by - I think - Total oil company a few years ago.
scott28tt wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:39 pm Open the We Connect ID. app, go to the map section, go to filters and select We Charge.
Thanks scot28tt for this advice. I found that the filter that works is called "IONITY". If I search with filter "WeCharge" it does not show the bank of chargers just east of Maidstone which is run by... IONITY. Obviously the map needs work....

I will be making my first trip to the south coast of France this weekend for a month [sorry!], and just found there is a card [not free] which is run by a group of départments [counties] in the SW region of Occitanie, and it gives subscriber prices at the group's chargers all over the region, but also, it says, gives access to chargers in many other areas at the visitor rates of those other regions, making a service connection charge for their efforts.

There appear to be a handful of other cards in France which look to me like they also give access to various providers chargers in exchange for a service connection charge.
ID.3 Family 150kw, built 11/2020.
v2.4 in Apr. 2023. . .
van

Post by van »

Please let the forum know how you get on. Always interested in how these continental trips work out.
Family Pro Moonstone Grey
East Derry alloys, Heat pump.
Ordered 5 Aug 21.
Build started 18 Nov 21.
Left Factory 3 Feb 22.
Arrived with dealer 27 Feb 22.
Collected from dealer 9 Mar 22.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Chivers wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:46 pm I found that the filter that works is called "IONITY". If I search with filter "WeCharge" it does not show the bank of chargers just east of Maidstone which is run by... IONITY. Obviously the map needs work....

I used them about 6 weeks ago, I used the app to find them, here they are on mine: (screenshot taken today)

IMG_3816.png

Chivers

Post by Chivers »

scott28tt wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:52 pm
Chivers wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:46 pm I found that the filter that works is called "IONITY". If I search with filter "WeCharge" it does not show the bank of chargers just east of Maidstone which is run by... IONITY. Obviously the map needs work....

I used them about 6 weeks ago, I used the app to find them, here they are on mine: (screenshot taken today)

IMG_3816.png
Ah yes. Finally I found it. Thanks scott28tt.
ID.3 Family 150kw, built 11/2020.
v2.4 in Apr. 2023. . .