Pod point installation cost

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
john.currie

Post by john.currie »

How much will it cost me to get a pod point installation? I live in Scotland and believe there's a grant available.

TIA

John

smuj

Post by smuj »

john.currie wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:33 pm How much will it cost me to get a pod point installation? I live in Scotland and believe there's a grant available.

TIA

John
All depends on how straightforward the installation is. I believe that in Scotland you can get both the UK £350 grant plus a Scottish grant which I believe is a further £250? Simple install in England is around £550-£600 depending on Sparkiies costs, after the £350 grant.
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
beacon39

Post by beacon39 »

John, there are two grants available in Scotland - an OZEV grant of £350 and an Energy Savings Trust (EST) grant of £250. The installer applies for the OZEV grant and will deduct the £350 from the installation cost. The purchaser has to apply for the EST grant before installation, submitting a quote to the EST for approval. The grant is paid to the purchaser after installation. The installer must be on the approved lists of both OZEV and EST.
Life Pro Performance, Stonewashed Blue - East Derry alloys - Heat pump
Aberdeen, Scotland
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Best of luck with Pod Point if you go that route.
My experience with them is very poor.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Gannet15

Post by Gannet15 »

John, I live in Fife and recently had a PodPoint home charger fitted. On the list of approved installers was a franchise called Voltix and I chose them. They sent me the following questions:-
1. Would you like to take advantage of the OZEV (OLEV) grant (£350)
2. Would you also like to also apply for the Energy Saving Trust-cash back (£250)
3. Make and model of the car to check for OZEV (OLEV) eligibility?
4. Do you have off-street parking?​
5. Does the intended charger location have WiFi coverage?
6. Do you have Solar Panels or thinking of installing them in the future?
7. Preference of a Tethered (cable attached) or Untethered (no cable) Charger?
8. Any chargers you particularly like? PODPOINT ANY OTHERS?
9. The name of the owner of the car to claim the grants

The process then became very easy with Gem from Voltix walking me through every step including her sending off certification to allow me to gain EST grant. Whole installation became very easy with a good neat installation, overall price just under £500.