Confirmed Build Week

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
davidh96

Post by davidh96 »

Afternoon all,

Thanks to all in advance for your help. I ordered a Family Pro in the summer, after having an unconfirmed build week being pushed back for a while, I now have a confirmed build week of week commencing 8-Nov (Wk 45). Am hearing differing opinions .... some people say that a confirmed build week is generally honoured and I'd get the car early/mid december ... others saying I am just in for more delays. The dealer isn't really able to guide me at all.

What is your experience of timeline from Build Week to Delivery please? When do you reckon I'll get it?

Thanks

billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

davidh96 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:38 pm Afternoon all,

Thanks to all in advance for your help. I ordered a Family Pro in the summer, after having an unconfirmed build week being pushed back for a while, I now have a confirmed build week of week commencing 8-Nov (Wk 45). Am hearing differing opinions .... some people say that a confirmed build week is generally honoured and I'd get the car early/mid december ... others saying I am just in for more delays. The dealer isn't really able to guide me at all.

What is your experience of timeline from Build Week to Delivery please? When do you reckon I'll get it?

Thanks
I don't want to be the pessimist but we had a confirmed build week for second week in September - and our car is still being built according tom VW customer services and the dealers - was due with us this week and we've been told it will be 4 weeks from when finally built - they (CS) are saying average build is 6 weeks so by that math ours will be beginning of December but im not holding my breath
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Apparently they are getting held up at stage 7 of the 8 stages of build. Stage 7 is the chip stage. The longest delay I've heard of at this stage is 8 weeks.
Its a excellent meaning of how long is a piece of string.
Mine is currently coming to the end of the fourth week of build.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
vincent_van_go

Post by vincent_van_go »

At point of order in late June, I was originally given mid-November delivery date. It was confirmed-build wk38 (originally wk37). On 30th September when VW UK would still provide chat-updates, they confirmed it was in-build (Stage 4 on the old, on-line status checker). They quoted 2-4 weeks in manufacture with all the caveats on global silicon availability. I'm approaching 5 weeks in manufacture as of today.

As of wk42 there's still no update. It appears that the dealers only available next reported stage is when its shipped. So nothing more than silence during manufacture.

I've set myself an expectation of 2022 delivery.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Yet Tesla still seem able to quote December deliveries for Model 3 LR's ordered today, as SWMBO pointed out - somewhat sharply - today. Obviously this is comparing apples with great hairy apes, but from her perspective it's a vehicle.

I did poke back saying that only Tesla is able to do this for a variety of reasons (and Tesla have a long and sorry history of missed delivery promises!), but again her argument was "vehicle on driveway vs no vehicle on driveway" 🤷‍♂️

Think my earache is going to get worse as the weeks progress!
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
vincent_van_go

Post by vincent_van_go »

Utumno wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:36 pm Yet Tesla still seem able to quote December deliveries for Model 3 LR's ordered today, as SWMBO pointed out - somewhat sharply - today. Obviously this is comparing apples with great hairy apes, but from her perspective it's a vehicle.

I did poke back saying that only Tesla is able to do this for a variety of reasons (and Tesla have a long and sorry history of missed delivery promises!), but again her argument was "vehicle on driveway vs no vehicle on driveway" 🤷‍♂️

Similarly, I have a friend ordered a new Hyundai Iqoniq5 two weeks ago (with all manner of optional extras. He has been given 12th January delivery date. 14 weeks from end-to-end.......
vincent_van_go

Post by vincent_van_go »

For fun, I just bothered testing VW CS for an order update. They're still unable to provide an order-update, nor any idea of when their on-line/SMS tracker will reappear. All a bit cack really.
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Utumno wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:36 pm Yet Tesla still seem able to quote December deliveries for Model 3 LR's ordered today, as SWMBO pointed out - somewhat sharply - today. Obviously this is comparing apples with great hairy apes, but from her perspective it's a vehicle.

My brother ordered a model 3 and was told September delivery when he ordered... He still hasn't got it! He's been told December now.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-Jul 22- VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 on - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys