Life Pro Performance Interior 45kwh

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Hi all,

Can anyone who’s got said model answer a questions for me, what’s the basic ambient lighting like at night ?

Thanks

Tom
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff

TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

No complaints on my City (which is exactly the same model as Life just with a different name). It looks rather nice

As far as I understand, the higher end models just have more colour presets, but you can still adjust the colour manually.
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Awesome, does it still do all the way across the dash on the basic models ?
Life Pro 58KW
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

Here you go!

PXL_20211021_184228673.jpg

PXL_20211021_184238009.jpg

71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

Obviously I've assume that you meant Pure Performance rather than Pro Performance. As far as I know, that's still the only drivetrain available with 45kwh.
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Yes mate, the pure performance, thanks so much for doing that, really appreciate it
Life Pro 58KW
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

Tom_1985 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:57 pm Yes mate, the pure performance, thanks so much for doing that, really appreciate it
No worries. Like I say, the actual light units are exactly the same across the range, as far as I know. But someone with a fancier model may know otherwise!
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Yea, I was unsure about the bar across the dash, under the media screen, because if you read the options list it says the illuminated dash is on the design pack plus, with the extra ambient colors and the matrix lights etc. so would have been a bit pissed if it didn’t light up, as I think it looks really cool, I’ve ordered a Q4 too, and went for the ambient package plus on that as it looks mint
Life Pro 58KW
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

TheJimster wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:45 pm Here you go!
The photos of the interior at night are interesting. We have had our Life for nearly 2 months now and still haven't driven it at night. Some on here have criticized VW for not having the volume controls lit but I notice that the volume buttons on the steering wheel are lit. I tend to use the wheel buttons, so it's all good for me. Mind you, it's a bit stingy of VW not to light up the other controls.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I was going to mention the red dots under the 'unlit' controls?
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

G43FAN wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:55 am I was going to mention the red dots under the 'unlit' controls?

Me too - are they aftermarket fit, or are there actually lights in the haptic buttons ?

Only ask as the Internet is full of complaints that the infotainment buttons are unlit...
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

G43FAN wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:55 am I was going to mention the red dots under the 'unlit' controls?

I believe they are the sensors for the gesture control, they're not lights.
Deleted User 192

Utumno wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:55 pm

Me too - are they aftermarket fit, or are there actually lights in the haptic buttons ?

Only ask as the Internet is full of complaints that the infotainment buttons are unlit...

The same will happen if you take a picture of yours at night.

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Fascinating thanks scott28tt
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

scott28tt wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:37 pm
Utumno wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:55 pm

The same will happen if you take a picture of yours at night.

Aha! I had to go back and look at my photographs to figure out what was going on.

Definitely no aftermarket illumination here! The sensors must just have picked up some reflection as I was taking the photographs.
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

Scratch wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:48 am
The photos of the interior at night are interesting. We have had our Life for nearly 2 months now and still haven't driven it at night. Some on here have criticized VW for not having the volume controls lit but I notice that the volume buttons on the steering wheel are lit. I tend to use the wheel buttons, so it's all good for me. Mind you, it's a bit stingy of VW not to light up the other controls.
I find the sliders under the infotainment screen unforgivably bad! I really don't find them pleasant to use, and the lack of illumination is such a schoolboy error. I'm sure I've seen a quote from someone at VW which basically came down to 'crap, we didn't think about that'.

Fortunately, as you say, we've got the steering wheel volume controls, which are even better for being swipable as well as clickable. And you've got the infotainment shortcut and the illuminated button under the screen to get you into the climate control settings.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

TheJimster wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:39 pm
I find the sliders under the infotainment screen unforgivably bad! I really don't find them pleasant to use, and the lack of illumination is such a schoolboy error. I'm sure I've seen a quote from someone at VW which basically came down to 'crap, we didn't think about that'.

Fortunately, as you say, we've got the steering wheel volume controls, which are even better for being swipable as well as clickable. And you've got the infotainment shortcut and the illuminated button under the screen to get you into the climate control settings.
I haven't tried it but would voice control adjust the volume?
Deleted User 192

Scratch wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:05 am

You can, but by the time you’ve faffed about waiting for it you could have pressed every single button on the steering wheel, or had the passenger set the desired volume by using the central sliders anyway.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

scott28tt wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:58 pm

You can, but by the time you’ve faffed about waiting for it you could have pressed every single button on the steering wheel, or had the passenger set the desired volume by using the central sliders anyway.
I tried it when I was out this morning and it worked fine.
Deleted User 192

Scratch wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:59 pm
scott28tt wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:58 pm

I tried it when I was out this morning and it worked fine.

So now you have 3 ways of controlling the volume.

I don’t see the point in using voice control when the other 2 ways I mentioned are quicker.