ID.Light with Natural voice control

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Sherlock wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:57 pm
scott28tt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:53 pm “Hey ID, I’m cold” - it turns the temperature up. That’s an example. I don’t really use it.

The ID. Light does all sorts of stuff, it’s very useful:

A. Solid red = front assist collision warning
B. Dark blue swipes to the left/right = in-car navigation on approach to a turn
C. Red or green towards the left with dashed green lines = battery charging
D. White block/flashes in front of driver or passenger = voice control active
E. Light blue block in front of driver = efficiency assist advising to lift off the power pedal
F. White flashes (which look like lanes) in front of the driver = lane assist activated on dual-carriageways and motorways
G. White/red flashes in front of the driver, wiggling from side to side = steering wheel contact detection (Travel Assist specs only)
H. Green flashes in the centre = incoming call

Some of these were added in the latest software release, so I expect more will come too.
Thanks for this - very useful.
Can I ask where you got the info. from? Is it documented somewhere?

I hadn’t seen any documentation, so I started creating my own list and asked in a couple of Facebook groups, adding a couple more that I wasn’t aware of.

Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

scott28tt wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:15 pm
Sherlock wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:57 pm
scott28tt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:53 pm “Hey ID, I’m cold” - it turns the temperature up. That’s an example. I don’t really use it.

The ID. Light does all sorts of stuff, it’s very useful:

A. Solid red = front assist collision warning
B. Dark blue swipes to the left/right = in-car navigation on approach to a turn
C. Red or green towards the left with dashed green lines = battery charging
D. White block/flashes in front of driver or passenger = voice control active
E. Light blue block in front of driver = efficiency assist advising to lift off the power pedal
F. White flashes (which look like lanes) in front of the driver = lane assist activated on dual-carriageways and motorways
G. White/red flashes in front of the driver, wiggling from side to side = steering wheel contact detection (Travel Assist specs only)
H. Green flashes in the centre = incoming call

Some of these were added in the latest software release, so I expect more will come too.
Thanks for this - very useful.
Can I ask where you got the info. from? Is it documented somewhere?

I hadn’t seen any documentation, so I started creating my own list and asked in a couple of Facebook groups, adding a couple more that I wasn’t aware of.
Thanks again.
I have seen instances of all of these apart from

I don't have Travel Assist so actually I also haven't seen

I have been getting
since the 2.3 upgrade, and at first I didn't realise what it signified but eventually worked it out.

VW should really publish this info. and/or include in the manual/online help.
As much as I like the car I don't think I ever had a car that made me mutter 'what is it doing!' as much as this one. :D