Headlights - travel mode

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
mish

Post by mish »

I live in the UK and our ID.3 Family PP with matrix lights shows a "Travel Mode" item in the Headlights settings. The manual for this says:
"If you have to drive a right-hand drive vehicle in a left-hand drive country, or vice versa, the dipped beam of vehicles with advanced main-beam control or dynamic cornering light may dazzle oncoming traffic: Main-beam control (dynamic), Description, Exterior drive lighting, Function

For this reason, the headlight alignment of vehicles with this equipment can be adjusted in the Infotainment system in the Vehicle settings menu (travel mode): Vehicle settings menu, Operation.

Adjustment of the headlights is not necessary on vehicles without advanced main-beam control and without dynamic cornering light."
It also says
"Travel mode may only be used for a short period. Please contact a qualified workshop for permanent conversion. Volkswagen recommends using a Volkswagen dealership for this purpose."
Am I right in assuming that "Travel" in this context means "Going abroad"? Mine is set to "Right-hand traffic". It does not allow me to change this since there is probably a GPS check involved and it thinks I am currently not travelling abroad so it leaves this on the default setting. Should the default not be "Left-hand traffic" in this case. What was the factory default for other UK drivers out there? I am confused :?:

mish

Post by mish »

Am I right in assuming that "Travel" in this context means "Going abroad"? Mine is set to "Right-hand traffic". It does not allow me to change this since there is probably a GPS check involved and it thinks I am currently not travelling abroad so it leaves this on the default setting. Should the default not be "Left-hand traffic" in this case. What was the factory default for other UK drivers out there? I am confused
Please ignore. Seems like it fixed itself somehow. Just tried again and now travel mode is set to the expected "Left-hand traffic". It's a new car so maybe the lights were still figuring out the location of their new home. All good now.