Pod Point question

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I had my Solo installed on Tuesday and completed 2 overnight scheduled charges. All good.
However when I plug in the charger only ever shows a solid green light. The literature says it should flash if its awaiting a start on the schedule.
I'm not over worried about it whilst its working but wondered if Im missing something in what I'm doing.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Mine is solid green/yellow when outside of the schedule, and solid blue during the schedule.

It charges as expected every time.
daesimpso

Post by daesimpso »

It will flash green if the PodPoint has no schedule set but the car does. When you plug the car in outside of the car’s schedule the PodPoint flashes green until the car requests a charge.

If you don’t use the car schedule and instead use the PodPoint schedule then the PodPoint shows a pale green/yellow until it’s time to charge. When the PodPoint schedule kicks in it goes a more “normal” green.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

scott28tt wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:38 pm Mine is solid green/yellow when outside of the schedule, and solid blue during the schedule.

Interesting. My leaflet says that its communicating with the network when its blue. I thought that meant during setting up schedules etc not charging! I'll look tonight and start the schedule early.
When I plugged it in at 4pm the car port flashed white then went red 😬 but after a few minutes all lighs at the port were out.
Overall very pleased. My super colour coordinated Daughter was impressed with the grey black car sitting next to the grey black charger.
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Daveion wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:47 pm
scott28tt wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:38 pm Mine is solid green/yellow when outside of the schedule, and solid blue during the schedule.

Interesting. My leaflet says that its communicating with the network when its blue. I thought that meant during setting up schedules etc not charging! I'll look tonight and start the schedule early.
When I plugged it in at 4pm the car port flashed white then went red 😬 but after a few minutes all lighs at the port were out.
Overall very pleased. My super colour coordinated Daughter was impressed with the grey black car sitting next to the grey black charger.

Same for me at the car end.

The main thing is that it works :)
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

It only dawned on me the other day that my Zappi had the same colour scheme as the car.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

G43FAN wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:58 pm
It only dawned on me the other day that my Zappi had the same colour scheme as the car.
Isn't that a nice bonus 😁
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Same for me at the car end.

[/quote]

Thanks Guys
As long as its safe I will carry on as is.
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Daveion wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:05 pm Same for me at the car end.

Thanks Guys
As long as its safe I will carry on as is.
[/quote]

Just got an error message from the WeConnect app saying charging error, try again later.
That's a first for me in 11 months! Hopefully the scheduled charge will go ok.
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Same for me tonight after 12 months trouble free it now tells me charging error
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:50 pm Same for me tonight after 12 months trouble free it now tells me charging error
With or without port light activity?
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Daveion wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:32 pm
Bromsgroveuser wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:50 pm Same for me tonight after 12 months trouble free it now tells me charging error
With or without port light activity?
Just a white light on the car
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

My one flashed white then turned red only 4 or 5 minutes. Its a blip. I Have been really enjoying the car as Winter takes hold, pre heating and running at 21C on a run and still returning 4miles/kW.
Such a contrast from my experiences early in January.
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

The charger completed its schedule again last night. Port light activity normal. The charger only ever shows constant green whether charging, outside a schedule or a completed schedule.
If I cut the power to reset does everything restart automatically?
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

I took the plug out of the car ,put it back in again , light stopped white then at 8.30 timed charge started and switched off at 00.30 as expected , weird or what?
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

As Scott says " as long as it works"
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
EVOWNER101

Post by EVOWNER101 »

I am with Octopus and have a set cheap rate charging time. For me and in two years of using PodPoint with my EGolf, all charging is controlled from within the car with settings for that linked to when the cheap rate finishes. I avoid using the PodPoint scheduling ability because I am not convinced the technology behind it is mature enough at the moment to work reliably. Same reason I am avoiding moving away from the Octopus Go Tarrif.

I pull up at home, plug in the car and lock the car. I hear a sort of ‘click” from the direction of the PodPoint (could be the PodPoint could be the flap on the car they are close together) and go inside. I have not had a failure on charging except for once, when there was a power outage impacting the whole street. I could not even tell you what colour is of any led on the car or on the PodPoint. It just works and that is the important thing I guess. Of course if it fails for any reason, I will be all at sea for sure. So troubleshooting will probably be difficult and that is when I will turn to sites like this for help/assistance/reassurance/information.

I do remember when first starting my EV journey, information about all this type of things and many other matters was little and far between.
So thank goodness for the growth in sites like this, where questions can be asked without fear of being made to look foolish and people will try and help out as best they can.
Current EV: ID.3 Tour Pro S :D
Previous EV: VW EGolf (Sep2019)
Date Ordered: 01/11/2021 :(
Date Finally Delivered: 15/03/2023 :shock:
Deal Honoured: :!: :?: :|
Dealership: Herritage Gl :? :roll: but love the individual people.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I'm having trouble with my WiFi extender and need to replace it. Anyone know how to access the setup or know how to change the network connection?
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I don't but related - have you considered using mesh devices rather than networking plugs and related network extenders? Much better WiFi coverage in my house with the mesh devices.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I have three extenders currently and don't consider to be living in a mansion. I don't know what mesh devices are? GOOGLE to the rescue.
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22