Faulty new car

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Cherry wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:53 am Is it a perceived view that the software on the ID.3, especially charging is useless or are the reports a distortion? Is the view actually true?

Is it a perceived view that the tyres on the ID.3 are poor or are the reports a distortion? Is the view actually true?
I think you should get a different car instead of an id3 cherry.

Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

MotMot wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:46 am
Cherry wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:53 am Is it a perceived view that the software on the ID.3, especially charging is useless or are the reports a distortion? Is the view actually true?

Is it a perceived view that the tyres on the ID.3 are poor or are the reports a distortion? Is the view actually true?
I think you should get a different car instead of an id3 cherry.
Totally agree
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

I remember a set of Bridgestones that only lasted 8k on a Fabia VRS….yet the replacement ones lasted 20k and I got told the compounds are tweaked to a car model hence they worn out so quick…
And on the rejection of a car I did in affect reject my first ever car which was a brand new VW Lupo after 1 year as it had been in the garage 10 time in 12 months and it turns out I got the previous model year car too - and they swapped it over at cost price for me at the time
ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021…..Cancelled 19/3/2022
Was order No 31477
Original Confirmed build week 51 2021
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35,36 now 40 2022 status 10
Delivery not now
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

Hi cherry
I’ve had no problems with my car at all and have done 11.5k miles since the start of May with no issues, there is a couple of things that could be better but on the whole it’s a great car.
I’ve no issues with the tyres either.
The problem is people are always willing to be negative instead of positive and love to tell everyone about it. Guess that’s the times and the country we live in.
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Utumno wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:46 am

I think it’s well reported that there are issues with the vechicle charging settings on the ID.3 in all versions up to and including 2.3, that VW have acknowledged that and have said improvements are coming in 3.0. Whether that constitutes a subjective opinion of “useless” depends very much on your own individual perception.

As to tyres, my understanding on the perceived view is that the tyres overall on the ID.3 are no worse than any other manufacturer. I have a personal and profound opinion on fitting Bridgestone tyres as many here are well aware, but I certainly wouldn’t conflate my personal opinion of “Bridgestone tyres are poor” into “tyres on the ID.3 are poor”. I would be perfectly happy with Goodyears and Contis as fitter by VW to many ID.3’ s on the road.
In agreement with you on the Bridgestone tyres being woeful, butI wouldn't let crap tyres on a great car spoil the car. You spend £28k+ or £400+ pm on a car and live with woeful tyres for 36 months or until they wear out? That's nuts.

So far the ID3's not been as bad as I expected, thanks to its RWD (my Golfs and Polo's were terrible for tramping on Bridgestones, utterly that's a FWD trait). If it was that bad, I'd have has them off straight away and ebayed them to subsidise the new ones. I did that with the Polo GTI as the Turanzas were verging on dangerous on that car (light back end, FWD, lots of torque).

Unless a particularly cold spell like minus five or worse catches us out this Winter, I think I'll live with mine until they wear out and then get something better. So far I don't feel the need to drive like a nun to feel safe on Bridgestones like I did on my previous ICE performance VWs.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Warminster id wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:55 pm

Hi cherry
I’ve had no problems with my car at all and have done 11.5k miles since the start of May with no issues, there is a couple of things that could be better but on the whole it’s a great car.
I’ve no issues with the tyres either.
The problem is people are always willing to be negative instead of positive and love to tell everyone about it. Guess that’s the times and the country we live in.
I think that is pretty much true. I was party to many customer surveys over many years and the response pattern was mostly always the same. People were either disatisfied 5%, disinterested 90% or delighted 5%. We see typically the 5% either side of the distribution curve who are disatisfied, some yet to get their cars, and others like you and I that have had our cars for some time without any problems and have a positive view of that experience.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22