Selling ID.3 on day of delivery.

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Voodubber wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:06 pm If not trolling, then lacking in social skills.
Or standing up to bullies and those who hurl insults. Go through the thread and see who started the insults. My posts did not start them. Mr Parker began this approach.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Warminster id wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:01 pm I can see your points and most posts have replied to your questions.
I was just wondering if you have to declare the capital gain on your tax return? And if you did with the other sales on your imported cars?

Warming this question up.
Last edited by Utumno on Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Warminster id wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:01 pm I can see your points and most posts have replied to your questions.
I was just wondering if you have to declare the capital gain on your tax return? And if you did with the other sales on your imported cars?
£5-£7k is below the capital gains tax limit. So no tax to pay, But is it capital gains or profit? I suspect profit, which if I have to declare I would, but I would attempt to minimise tax.

The imported cars were for personal use (one for my wife and one for my parents). No tax to pay. They were not sold for profit.

I play the system legally. E.g. my son comes from a poor household as effective household income is so low. He gets a £3k bursary from his university and free laptop. Why? I contributed 100% income in to a pension and my wife contributed a large amount to bring household income down. Pension contributions are a valid deduction! Always do your research!

I did miss the best scam..... always get your child labelled as dyslexic so they get 25% extra time in exams (11+, GCSE, A levels, Oxbridge entrance exams, University) and it is never declared. People pay to learn how to scam the dyslexic tests. Pathetic. Give everyone 25% extra time. Slow readers finish and fast readers can check.

No abuse please. I have paid enough tax and in my twenties was paid in cash and always declared every penny. I was the only child at school who said he would not take apples from a neighbour's tree as it is theft and laughed at. I have not changed my view. I will only act lawfully and exploit lawfully.

Warmed up now?
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Cherry wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:44 pm

£5-£7k is below the capital gains tax limit. So no tax to pay, But is it capital gains or profit? I suspect profit, which if I have to declare I would, but I would attempt to minimise tax.

Actually my interest was piqued too (which is why I warmed it up!) and from my (admittedly light) readings on gov.uk, profit from the sale of private vehicles that have not been used for business seems entirely exempt from CGT, and doesn't get added into your annual CGT allowance either. So I suspect any profits you might realise from the prospective sale of one of your ID.3's are entirely tax-free...
Last edited by Utumno on Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

bowsh123

Post by bowsh123 »

I've considered selling up, being offered more than you buy a car for is tempting to take however when looking into placing a order for a new ID3 the incentives are no longer there and the cost per month is a hell of a lot more than my current deal so I'll stick with it.

I could buy an older car but the fuel costs will swallow up any profit made due to the miles I do
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

bowsh123 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:07 am I've considered selling up, being offered more than you buy a car for is tempting to take however when looking into placing a order for a new ID3 the incentives are no longer there and the cost per month is a hell of a lot more than my current deal so I'll stick with it.
I agree. This is why I look to cars that have not had EV grants for some time and not had great finance contributions pulled.
I would feel ripped off if I ordered an ID.3 now. The prices are not attractive at all, in my view.
One option is to sell an ID3 and consider BMW i4, Kia EV6, Tesla etc. Use the profit as your "own" discount.

Did you get a valuation for your ID.3?

It would be interesting if Utumno's spreadsheet listed the buy price, dealer name, valuation at collection, charger price and supplier.
This would be valuable information!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Cherry wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:24 am
bowsh123 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:07 am I've considered selling up, being offered more than you buy a car for is tempting to take however when looking into placing a order for a new ID3 the incentives are no longer there and the cost per month is a hell of a lot more than my current deal so I'll stick with it.
I agree. This is why I look to cars that have not had EV grants for some time and not had great finance contributions pulled.
I would feel ripped off if I ordered an ID.3 now. The prices are not attractive at all, in my view.
One option is to sell an ID3 and consider BMW i4, Kia EV6, Tesla etc. Use the profit as your "own" discount.

Did you get a valuation for your ID.3?

It would be interesting if Utumno's spreadsheet listed the buy price, dealer name, valuation at collection, charger price and supplier.
This would be valuable information!

Ah it's just a delivery tracker, not a potential profit tracker. By all means be my guest to start your own up though.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Utumno wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:36 am Ah it's just a delivery tracker, not a potential profit tracker. By all means be my guest to start your own up though.
It was tongue in cheek.
But, buy price is not profit for the car or charger and would help people get good deals!
soupdragon

Post by soupdragon »

Splash-Man wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:51 pm
mediaguy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:11 pm
The new “premium” dash and doors was definitely something all models would benefit from according to that picture from Facebook doing the rounds.
Got a link to that? I've been looking around for real 22.5 interiors (and the Sept 21+ area view too), but not finding them.
The best way to compare the interior would be to check the pictures on the Configurator interior images. However, not sure how easy it will be to be able to pick up differences on the dashboard or the door cards.
The bigger difference is on the seats for the Family model upwards.
Hi all

1st post from a lurker :)

For the MY22.5, everything from Family trim and above is very easy to spot - its the grey velour inserts on the seat backs and seat, flanked by vegan black leather everywehere else on the seat trims

Not so easy to tell apart the Life changes from MY22 v MY22.5 but the most obvious one is the delete of the shiny piano black plastics around the door cards and centre console. All ID3 MY22.5 cars have had that piano black trim removed, so if his car still has the shiny black plastic on the door cards and centre console, it will be MY22.
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey East Derry Alloys :D
Order No 3150xxxx :)
Ordered around middle of October 2021 :?
Build date still unknown - due wk38 then email from dealer to say it will be delayed further than this :oops:
IDontknow

Post by IDontknow »

soupdragon wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:43 am
Splash-Man wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:51 pm
mediaguy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:11 pm
Got a link to that? I've been looking around for real 22.5 interiors (and the Sept 21+ area view too), but not finding them.
The best way to compare the interior would be to check the pictures on the Configurator interior images. However, not sure how easy it will be to be able to pick up differences on the dashboard or the door cards.
The bigger difference is on the seats for the Family model upwards.
Hi all

1st post from a lurker :)

For the MY22.5, everything from Family trim and above is very easy to spot - its the grey velour inserts on the seat backs and seat, flanked by vegan black leather everywehere else on the seat trims

Not so easy to tell apart the Life changes from MY22 v MY22.5 but the most obvious one is the delete of the shiny piano black plastics around the door cards and centre console. All ID3 MY22.5 cars have had that piano black trim removed, so if his car still has the shiny black plastic on the door cards and centre console, it will be MY22.
Thanks for that - MY22 it is :)
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

Would you not have to pay an early payment charge for the finance?
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

MattgID3 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:11 am Would you not have to pay an early payment charge for the finance?
No, not if it's settled within 14 days from collection.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

andrewparker wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:20 am
MattgID3 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:11 am Would you not have to pay an early payment charge for the finance?
ah ok, to settle wouldn't you need to sell the still car on finance unless of course you have the cash, is that allowed?
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

MattgID3 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:11 pm
andrewparker wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:20 am
ah ok, to settle wouldn't you need to sell the still car on finance unless of course you have the cash, is that allowed?
You would need to settle the finance. Although it is straightforward, assuming you have the funds, it does take time to reach the point where VWFS declare that they have no financial interest in the car, result being that it could be sat on your drive for 3 - 4 weeks before you can actually sell it. VWFS well and truly messed up the finance settlement on the last car that I bought. I made the bank transfer the day after collection, informed them that I had done so, then waited for the letter confirming this. Only a month later they took a payment, much to my surprise. Then weeks of investigations ensued to make sure that I had paid and that they had agreed that I could. It was ridiculous, but not exactly unexpected, VWFS are not easy to deal with.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten