I'm a bit worried about the range

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:02 pm I also have a free wecharge card which gives £500 or 2000kw of free electricity only problem is there are only 10 Ionity chargers in the Uk for the 2000kw and none anywhere near me and if use use any of the rare chargers that accept the card Wecharge then add another charge on top which makes it expensive electricity

None of these We Charge partners got charge points in your area?

IONITY
Charge Point Services Ltd
New Motion
Osprey
Elmtronics Ltd
ESB Group
Alfa Power

I’ve used more than £120 of my credit at a local Osprey point.

I don’t care that there’s a premium on top of the regular provider’s fee - I’m just burning through the credit then I’ll stop using We Charge.

Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

As i said ionity are few and far between the nearest to me is 134 miles away , the nearest osprey is 10 miles away , i have used it several times but wecharge add a load on top which means they add almost a third to the cost reducing the value of the free card
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Deleted User 192

There’s no IONITY near me either, the Osprey is 50kW and works perfectly every time.

I’m just happy to have somewhere to use the credit rather than it going to waste, even if there is a premium charge.

For every 40kW I add to my car with the Osprey it costs me £18 of my credit but saves me from adding £5.50 to my electricity bill, so while it’s not efficient it will still save me over £150 if I continue with this regime over the course of the 12 months.

And the credit benefit becomes greater once I’m able to resume longer journeys and would be needing to use public chargers en route anyway.
hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:17 pm
None of these We Charge partners got charge points in your area?

IONITY
Charge Point Services Ltd
New Motion
Osprey
Elmtronics Ltd
ESB Group
Alfa Power
I think I may have completely misunderstood how the We Charge card works.

When I set the filter in the We Connect app to show me We Charge chargers, not all the providers you've listed show up.

For example, we have an Osprey about 6 miles from here, but I haven't used it as I didn't realise it could be used with the WeCharge card as it doesn't show up on the map.

Also, if I set the filters to show RFID authentication but not We Charge, then a couple of Engenie chargers show up locally. Does this mean I can use my We Charge card's credit on them too?

I'd be interested to know where you got your list from, and also whether there is a guide to all this somewhere. Certainly the dealer didn't explain it at all at hand over.
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20.
Deleted User 192

hungerdunger wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:36 pm I think I may have completely misunderstood how the We Charge card works.

When I set the filter in the We Connect app to show me We Charge chargers, not all the providers you've listed show up.

For example, we have an Osprey about 6 miles from here, but I haven't used it as I didn't realise it could be used with the WeCharge card as it doesn't show up on the map.

Also, if I set the filters to show RFID authentication but not We Charge, then a couple of Engenie chargers show up locally. Does this mean I can use my We Charge card's credit on them too?

I'd be interested to know where you got your list from, and also whether there is a guide to all this somewhere. Certainly the dealer didn't explain it at all at hand over.

The Osprey I am using does show up in the app - the only filter I have set is the We Charge one (no connector or authentication filters)

You can absolutely use your We Charge credit at Osprey, which is the brand name of Engenie now - that’s the only place I’ve used my card so far.

That list came directly from Elli, the company who run We Charge.

I haven’t used any of the other providers on the list, but you should just be able park up and scan your We Charge card on the RFID panel on the charge point.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

More problems , my wecharge card has stopped working at the osprey charger i have been using for 3 months , e mailed elli who told me it wasn't on their map and proceeded to tell me how to use the map as if i was an idiot , have replied with copies of their invoices showing it on there also screenshots off the app showing jt , given all the problems with software and range i am having i am getting close to rejecting the car, has anyone else had this problem with the card
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Jaysson

Post by Jaysson »

Hello all! I took delivery of my Tour two weeks ago and generally love it.

I too am surprised with the range available - I absolutely accept the point around cold weather, auxiliaries and journey types and driving style.

See this latest charge report, appalling give. It’s the 77kwh battery pack!

No response from dealer yet...

8DDC8526-364F-458E-B5A1-AEC41A13A28B.png

hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

I assume it says the same range on the display in the car? This is the range you might expect from a 58kWh battery at 80%. Maybe there’s a software parameter that hasn’t been set correctly. One way to check is to drive it until it drops to 70% charge. If it does about 21 miles then it’s a 58kWh battery and if it does about 28 miles it’s a 77kWh battery.

Alternatively, as the range is calculated based on the most recent driving characteristics, have you been driving it hard recently?
Jaysson

Post by Jaysson »

Thanks hwhbev - yes, the app and the car seem synchronised.

I’ll certainly try what you suggest. I’ll drive it today and see what we get for a 10% soc change.

I’ve used the car for a mix of driving - including a long run - 270 mile round trip. Of course cruising at motorway speeds will have eaten into the range, but a lot of the driving has been shortish trips with smallish throttle openings and using “B”.

Still love it anyway!
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

Jaysson wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:27 pm Hello all! I took delivery of my Tour two weeks ago and generally love it.

I too am surprised with the range available - I absolutely accept the point around cold weather, auxiliaries and journey types and driving style.

See this latest charge report, appalling give. It’s the 77kwh battery pack!

No response from dealer yet...
That's how much my 58 kw/h says when charged to 80%. I'd call the dealer
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Ours spends a great deal of time commuting on the motorway and 80% gives around 135-145 depending on weather and if driver kept to anywhere near 70!

Maximum we have seen is 165, but it’s not driven for economy at all !
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete
OllyExeterID3

Post by OllyExeterID3 »

Hoppy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:08 pm Ours spends a great deal of time commuting on the motorway and 80% gives around 135-145 depending on weather and if driver kept to anywhere near 70!

Maximum we have seen is 165, but it’s not driven for economy at all !
Wow! After a (pre lockdown) winter drive from Devon to Cambridge and back, we got an estimated 180 from 100% down to 22%. My wife commutes on A roads/dual carriageway, recent warm weather gave us 198 miles at 80% which stayed true as she commuted (66 mile round trip reduced expected range to 132 miles). But then again both of us are nervous drivers and tend to cruise in the inside lane at 66/67mph over long journeys. As with anything, depends on what the car is used for - as you say, if not driven for economy, predicted range will fall (and sounds like you are well aware of this!).
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I have had to increase my mileage recently and with slightly better temperatures see a regular projected range of 250+. After charging Im seeing better than 200 miles at 80% charge.
I have a nervous passenger so on longer runs Im around 65mph or so. When I drive solo Im a bit more rapid but the journeys tend to be shorter.
The best I have seen is 211 at 80% proj 264 miles.
My most recent drive set up picked up from a tip from a regular here (cant remember the post) is to have all auto regen OFF and drive with greater anticipation and coast up to traffic, junctions roundabouts ETC. I think the post said that regen braking recouped around 80% of energy but by coasting and greater anticipation you can gain some of that lost 20%. Breaking gently where needed is of course regen and I enjoy driving that way. My LTA over 1350 miles is now close to 4 miles/kw.
Im very happy with the range.

Screenshot_20210412-085200.jpg

1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
OllyExeterID3

Post by OllyExeterID3 »

Daveion wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:45 am I have had to increase my mileage recently and with slightly better temperatures see a regular projected range of 250+. After charging Im seeing better than 200 miles at 80% charge.
I have a nervous passenger so on longer runs Im around 65mph or so. When I drive solo Im a bit more rapid but the journeys tend to be shorter.
The best I have seen is 211 at 80% proj 264 miles.
My most recent drive set up picked up from a tip from a regular here (cant remember the post) is to have all auto regen OFF and drive with greater anticipation and coast up to traffic, junctions roundabouts ETC. I think the post said that regen braking recouped around 80% of energy but by coasting and greater anticipation you can gain some of that lost 20%. Breaking gently where needed is of course regen and I enjoy driving that way. My LTA over 1350 miles is now close to 4 miles/kw.
Im very happy with the range.
Great post and I entirely agree! The section of the M5 I use regularly has some long straights and the 'D' mode is a great way to cruise (and of course in ACC too on longer journeys). Agree about anticipation too - I don't like tailgating anyway but giving good distance and slowing down appropriately really do help with efficient driving (and obvs even in an ICE car) - this is really noticeable in an EV where every action can either recoup or 'spend' energy. I am a nervous driver so prefer to drive in this way anyway. I quite like looking on this forum for tips too - will be interested to see whether any of us can hit a "260" miler real-world driving day!
gwr

Post by gwr »

Our first lockdown trip, coast to coast across highland Scotland and back today came in at 3.9miles/kWh, in other words 166 miles with 80 allegedly still available from a 100% charge, at an average of 44 mph. Temperatures were 8-13C, there were no dual carriageways and speeds from 60 for miles to single track roads. That's pretty much as advertised, I think.
gwr

ID3 Tech 2.3

N Scotland
Jaysson

Post by Jaysson »

Gwr - where do ye cum fae?

I’m from Kyle, but live down south.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

gwr wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:10 pm Our first lockdown trip, coast to coast across highland Scotland and back today came in at 3.9miles/kWh, in other words 166 miles with 80 allegedly still available from a 100% charge, at an average of 44 mph. Temperatures were 8-13C, there were no dual carriageways and speeds from 60 for miles to single track roads. That's pretty much as advertised, I think.
Bet that was a great drive. I have family in Dingwall and Cromarty. Beautiful. No worries with the range for you!
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
gwr

Post by gwr »

It was, thanks, though weird after 5 months stuck east of the A9. The only place I felt I could take the car for the first month was Cromarty (to collect pizzas!).
gwr

ID3 Tech 2.3

N Scotland
OllyExeterID3

Post by OllyExeterID3 »

Great drive out yesterday, only a 30 mile round trip but 4.9mi/kWh, showing 92 miles at 35% by end of joruney! Very happy with these stats - AC off, Eco mode, B mode on all the time, mixture of motorway, country B-roads and coastal roads. Massively helped by 20/30mph zones near destination I think. But best efficiency I have had so far. Was funny too because day started off frosty, so mileage dropped rapidly from 117 miles at 50% to 99 at 45%. Return journey was after car sitting in sunshine which helped.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Good run.
Better weather reducing range anxieties!
Im doing a 100 mile round trip today and hoping for a similar performance. Mainly motorway though so maybe not going to get 4.9m/kw.
Anything over 4 would be good.
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22