Newbie Public Charging Question

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Mikster

Post by Mikster »

I’ve had my id.3. now for a week and loving it so far, bar a few of the gripes that I see here on the forums.

I’ve done a couple of home charges ( one successful and a scheduled charge which was less so) and a test charge at an Ionity charger which went fine.

My question is - tonight I was passing by a Lidl which I knew had a Podpoint public charger. There were two parking spots and one charging unit. Spot one was taken by a Tesla ( :roll: ) and it was plugged in to the CCS cable. This left two other cables a Type 2 and a Chademo. So - are those cables still available for another charging session ( given there are two parking spots) or is that parking spot just there to await when the other car has finished its session?

Thanks to all for all the great insights on the forum. It has made my first week of ownership so much easier :)
Family Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, East Derry Alloys, Bike Hitch
Ordered - 31/7/21
Confirmed Build Week - 46
Delivery - 14/1/22

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

If you don’t get in the second space and plug in, you can guarantee someone in a Zoe will 😂

You should get an 11kW charge out of the Type 2 connection I think.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Many chargers can do a single DC charge (CCS or Chademo) plus an AC charge (Type 2) at the same time.

Don’t forget also that the sockets on the car can be in very different places, another benefit of having 2 bays for the 1 unit.
IDontknow

Post by IDontknow »

I've charged at Lidl. You can use the type 2 whilst someone else is on CCS - but you'll be charging more slowly.