ID.3 Family - Max - Tour to be dropped

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

mediaguy wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:38 pm The thing that worries me is that there will be a few hundred out of tens of thousands of cars with things like memory parking. When the OTAs come, what's the likelihood that those cars will have those features tested to the same levels as, say, climate control that is in every car.

They’ll be using the same modules and OS as ID.4’s and 5’s so I don’t think that’ll be a problem. Which isn’t to say that the features won’t be bobbins, but at least the features will be bobbins for the entire ID fleet, not just the ID.3
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

One strange thing that struck me is that the seat description is as per some MY22 models. Which sort of implies they are changing the seats for some MY22.5 cars and then changing them back? Maybe they've decided the MY22.5 spec is too expensive or something.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

There are no semiconductors in the seats, so probably no issue at all in upgrading that part.

They still need to have above-basic paint/alloys/seats to make sure the photos look good. Matrix headlights and a sunroof won't be missed in a press photo. Those basic seats might.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

mediaguy wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:13 pm There are no semiconductors in the seats, so probably no issue at all in upgrading that part.

They still need to have above-basic paint/alloys/seats to make sure the photos look good. Matrix headlights and a sunroof won't be missed in a press photo. Those basic seats might.
Seats in the Max and Tour have semiconductors to control the electric functions. I have asked about the massage function that should be in my Max I Ordered but it seems the new interior style has quietly done away with it as no longer mentioned anywhere in the spec.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Big_GT wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:28 pm
mediaguy wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:13 pm There are no semiconductors in the seats, so probably no issue at all in upgrading that part.

Seats in the Max and Tour have semiconductors to control the electric functions. I have asked about the massage function that should be in my Max I Ordered but it seems the new interior style has quietly done away with it as no longer mentioned anywhere in the spec.
They are… ergoActive is massage seats.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

bupkis wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:37 pm
cornbutter wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:52 pm This matches what my dealer mentioned to me on Friday, though he said it was for Ireland, he didn't mention Europe wide. Glad I've mine ordered anyway, it should make the Family, Max and Tour models hold their value a little bit more if they're a little rarer. I wonder if they'll see a surge of orders between now and the 10th,
It would make more sense for Ireland, frankly. Ireland usually gets a subset of whatever trim levels the UK gets. Whether for Brexit reasons or something else, that seems to be reversed with this car. Ireland has 9 different trim levels for MY22: Life, Business, Style, Family, Executive, Tech, Max, Tour, and Tour 5. It would be odd if that continues, but also odd if 9 trim levels are reduced to 1.

Strange times.
I'm fairly sure VW have started prioritising Ireland over the UK a bit at this point. The additional trim options up until now is a pretty clear indicator of that. The fact that my order hasn't slipped much in its build date is another example of that, I think we'll have proof one way or the other with how my order goes compared to others on here.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Just wondering, does this mean the new single Life trim will only come with single zone airconditioning ? If memory serves Life trims get 1-Zone and Family+ get 2-Zone.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Really does sound like they’re trying to make it look as unattractive as possible! Doubly rubbish that the Born still gets three trim levels.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

I agree (I suspect the Matrix headlights are major issue for the same reason) but it bugs the hell out of me the way it’s referred to as a “Semiconductor shortage”. It isn’t that, there is still loads of sand on the beaches the last time I looked. There is a shortage of microprocessors or IC’s. It’s literally like saying the car production problem is due to a shortage of sand.

The problem is supply chain issues with components that use microprocessors where the manufacturers of those parts cancelled their orders because the car manufacturers cancelled the orders for the parts. Rather than accept that a mistake was made (no matter how understandable) the car companies have to do a Boris and blame it on something that is demonstrably untrue or overly simplistic.

I don’t mean to attack you though, you can see the real issue. It’s the interchangeable words the industry is using to absolve itself of failure that pisses me off… not what you have said (I’m not trying to be pedantic).
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:58 pm

I agree (I suspect the Matrix headlights are major issue for the same reason) but it bugs the hell out of me the way it’s referred to as a “Semiconductor shortage”. It isn’t that, there is still loads of sand on the beaches the last time I looked. There is a shortage of microprocessors or IC’s. It’s literally like saying the car production problem is due to a shortage of sand.

The problem is supply chain issues with components that use microprocessors where the manufacturers of those parts cancelled their orders because the car manufacturers cancelled the orders for the parts. Rather than accept that a mistake was made (no matter how understandable) the car companies have to do a Boris and blame it on something that is demonstrably untrue or overly simplistic.

I don’t mean to attack you though, you can see the real issue. It’s the interchangeable words the industry is using to absolve itself of failure that pisses me off… not what you have said (I’m not trying to be pedantic).
You say about a shortage of sand - it’s true as before Christmas I had a contractor in saying they couldn’t supply UPS equipment because they couldn’t paint the cabinets because they couldn’t get the SAND to go in the paint
Only last week there is a shortage of polymers that make plastic pipe fittings
ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021…..Cancelled 19/3/2022
Was order No 31477
Original Confirmed build week 51 2021
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35,36 now 40 2022 status 10
Delivery not now
ItshardtobuyId3

Bubba82 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:08 pm

You say about a shortage of sand - it’s true as before Christmas I had a contractor in saying they couldn’t supply UPS equipment because they couldn’t paint the cabinets because they couldn’t get the SAND to go in the paint
Then get out your bucket and spade… the time to make a fortune has never been better. I’d recommended
Woolacombe bay! Millions of tonnes of sand, M5 transport link 😁
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:19 pm

Then get out your bucket and spade… the time to make a fortune has never been better. I’d recommended
🤣🤣🤣 I will be there tomorrow with a VW tipper truck….if they can supply one 😂
ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021…..Cancelled 19/3/2022
Was order No 31477
Original Confirmed build week 51 2021
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35,36 now 40 2022 status 10
Delivery not now
ItshardtobuyId3

Bubba82 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:40 pm
ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:19 pm

🤣🤣🤣 I will be there tomorrow with a VW tipper truck….if they can supply one 😂
👍🤣
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

(deleted comment - sorry i posted my reply in wrong thread! :roll: )
Last edited by MikeS on Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ID3 Family Pro, Derry alloys. Order 21/09/21, bld wk 49/21, delivered 04/04/22
ID4 Life ordered 21/10/21 build wk33/22 delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

andrewparker wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:30 pm

They are… ergoActive is massage seats.
ergoActive (aka massage seats) on the Max standard equipment list…

VW up! GTI / Tungsten
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I dread to think what it's going to be like for a used buyer in 3-4 years' time, looking at Autotrader and trying to work out what spec each car might be. They'll probably have to find out the build date from the seller and then search all these old threads :roll:
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

So are we thinking that this story about rationalising the id3 lines is true?
SilverID3

Post by SilverID3 »

Yep, I went and asked my dealer this morning, all confirmed..
Family Pro Performance. East Derry Wheels, Scale Silver - Ordered 11th Oct 2021

Estimated Handover: April 2022
Malcster

Post by Malcster »

Yes I do
There may be another angle to the story though

Maybe by doing this to id3 it will force people to "upgrade"to the id4

I guess in 3 days time we will know the truth
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

It’s still a really good car! Matrix lights and pano roof seem to be the only things you can’t get any more….

Also - a similar sales model hasn’t hurt Tesla has it?