2.3 software

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
rawws

Post by rawws »

Am I right in thinking not every id3 has got 2.3update yet?

In UK if I want 2.3 can I just go to dealership for quick update to2.3 or not and have to wait for OTA whenever that happens.

Seems most people in the forum have 2.3
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw

SteveH

Post by SteveH »

I'm still waiting for 2.3. It did pop up a thing about an update while I was poking at the infotainment a few days ago (not on the goodby screen - it just popped up out of nowhere), but it still hasn't actually updated.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

In my case, after 10 weeks of emails with VW Connect they eventually agreed to pass it to a dealer to do the update. The dealership won't do it unless instructed to by VW else they won't get paid. Even then when I spoke to the dealership their version of the job was to investigate if the car had an issue not to just install it.
As it happened the first part downloaded and installed on the Saturday night before my car was due to go in and the second part installed on the Monday.
All I can suggest it if you have a pretty standard routine with regards to using the car, try making a totally out of the ordinary journey time wise. I hardly ever go anywhere at 10pm on a Saturday but that was when I got the ipdate.

edit: typos and corrected that both parts didn't load on the Saturday the second came down on the Sunday and I installed it on the Monday once the car had 80% SoC
Last edited by G43FAN on Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

This is good advice. Coincidence or not, my update happened after a drive outside of my normal routes.

It’s almost as if the local area is cached and when you leave it then it chats with VW central.
SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

We had the email from VW to opt in for OTA 2.3 - this was over 3 weeks ago, replied instantly 'yes please' and despite using the car regularly on a variety of journeys in different areas.... absolutely no sign of any update.
id3 Max 2021
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I acepted originally on 1st October, the update finally happened in the 1st week of December
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Nothing here for me - and I accepted in October 😂😂
MattP

Post by MattP »

So for someone like myself who has agreed to collect
my new car first week of March, would you expect it to be on 2.3?
Octopus referral

https://share.octopus.energy/plum-mouse-3910
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

MattP wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:41 pm So for someone like myself who has agreed to collect
my new car first week of March, would you expect it to be on 2.3?
Yes
hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger »

I'm another one who had the invite on 1st October and I'm still waiting. Although the delay is getting beyond a joke, as there's nothing particularly earth-shattering about 2.3 I thought I'd wait until I get called in for the dealer to do the 2.4 update, but I have no idea when that's going to be.
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20.
dannys2810

Post by dannys2810 »

Yeah I'm the same, opted in back in October and I'm still on software 2.1. I've spoken to my dealer today and they pretty much said they had nothing to do with updates and it was all down to Volkswagen UK so they couldn't help me. Annoying really as I've had the car since late 2020 and I was hoping for a few more improvements since in that time.

Edit: As I've posted this I've had another email regarding a separate conversation I was having with them about my faulty GPS and turns out this would be fixed with 2.3. Now I'm really hoping it comes soon!

Edit 2: Spoken to WeConnect today and they checked my vin and said that my car is preparing itself for the update 2.3, its just still pending and I should be patient and make sure I don't factory reset anything as that will postpone things even further.
gadge

Post by gadge »

I'm on "0792", but then I have just bought the id3 used.