Maintenance List from Dealer has items marked NOT OK.

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Sequin19B

Post by Sequin19B »

Hi All - I’ve recently purchased a 1st Edition Plus from a Dealership (it was their showroom model so had c.200 miles on the clock when I got it).

It was from a Volkswagen dealership that I purchased it; however I see that the pre-handover service was in Jul-21 ( I bought in Jan-22).

When I was looking through the Maintenance List that was included within the User Manual; I noticed that two of the items had the ‘ OK / Completed’ scored out in pen (they are manually scored out, as the rest are all printed ‘ticks’ - see image attached, sorry for poor quality).

The two areas were:
- 12V Batter: check charge level (SOC) using vehicle diagnosis tester (refer to Maintenance Manual)
- The event memories of all systems must be read using VAS diagnosis units, faults must be rectified according to repair guidelines.

I was surprised to see this as it doesn’t look right - anyone have more of an insight into what these faults actually mean?

Checklist.jpg

chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Only speculation but maybe they didn’t have the necessary diagnostic equipment, especially back at that date.

Presumably you will be asking them this question too?
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

My 12v batteryon my 1st Edition failed in July/August 2021 and was replaced. VW have said there will be a recall and they plan to replace them, so it does not surprise me to see that flagged.
I expect most cars will have stored some errors as the car O/S is still a bit flaky even now.
VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/