Will an AWD version of the ID3 ever become available ?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Vic Thompson

Post by Vic Thompson »

I've noticed that VW have AWD versions of the ID3s Siblings (which I presume use the same underlying chassis and drive works), does anyone out there think (or maybe even know definitely one way or the other) whether or not VW might at some point in the future offer an ID3 with AWD ? I ask because I like the ID3 from the point of view of compactness and function but fancied an AWD capability as well.

Thanks in advance for all useful/interesting replies to my query.

Vic Thompson.

andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

I suspect a GTX version will be AWD.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Vic Thompson wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:14 pm I've noticed that VW have AWD versions of the ID3s Siblings (which I presume use the same underlying chassis and drive works), does anyone out there think (or maybe even know definitely one way or the other) whether or not VW might at some point in the future offer an ID3 with AWD ? I ask because I like the ID3 from the point of view of compactness and function but fancied an AWD capability as well.

Thanks in advance for all useful/interesting replies to my query.

Vic Thompson.
What do you mean by ID3 siblings - there is no AWD version of the Cupra that I'm aware of?
The other ID cars are bigger. There was that AWD prototype GTX that they showcased a while ago though.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

There was a confirmation in one report/interview that an ID.3 GTX would appear, but it didn't mention AWD just that it would have a more powerful rear motor.

I would agree that the other IDs are Siblings.. the Cupra is a cousin.