1st Mover Club

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Just read details of the VW 1st Mover Club...
As a token of thanks for their loyalty to the brand, Volkswagen is offering all pre-bookers wishing to take possession of their ID.3 1st as quickly as possible membership the 1st Mover Club. Delivery of the ID.3 1st to “First Movers” begins in early September.

DB2019AU01103_overfull.jpg

ID.3 pre-bookers can choose between two different options: The first is delivery of their ID.3 1st in early September, combined with membership of the exclusive ID.3 1st Mover Club. This membership includes various customer benefits – and a software update for two outstanding digital functions at the beginning of next year. At market launch in September, the App Connect function and the distance feature in the head-up display will not yet have been activated.

ID.3 pre-bookers with a little more patience can choose the second option when signing the purchase agreement for their ID.3 1st – with a delivery date in the fourth quarter of 2020. When the keys are handed over to the customer, this later version will be equipped with all functions.

Jürgen Stackmann, Volkswagen Brand Board Member for Sales, commented: “Finally, our ID.3 pre-bookers have been given the long-awaited green light for emission-free driving pleasure. As a token of thanks for their loyalty to the brand and a gesture of appreciation for their patience during the long wait until ordering kicked off, we are offering all pre-bookers wishing to take possession of their ID.3 1st in September membership of the ID.3 1st Mover Club.”

By opening this community, Volkswagen is providing for an exchange of experience among all “ID.3 1st Movers” – and also establishing a direct line to Volkswagen. It will not only be possible to engage direct with customer enquiries, but will also enable Volkswagen to collect feedback on everyday experiences along with comments from ID.3 first drivers for use in further development. “To say thank you, all 1st Movers who are leasing their vehicles will not pay any leasing rates for the first three months”, Jürgen Stackmann said.

The general ordering system for ID.3 models begins four weeks later – and pre-bookers have the exclusive opportunity to join the 1st Mover Club until then.

Thomas Ulbrich, Volkswagen Brand Board Member for E-mobility, added: “The last few months working under the difficult conditions of the pandemic have been a big challenge for the entire ID.3 team. That makes the imminent market launch of the ID.3 all the more important. Locally emission-free driving, the highest quality standards and a thrilling drive experience – that is the new ID.3.”

Jase_h

Post by Jase_h »

What’s the score with the 1st Mover Club then as a non pre booker? VW say as a non pre booker you aren’t entitled to join, is this group the place to get info from VW direct on issues? Seems to be a distinct lack of comms from VW or should I be expecting the dealer to be doing this....? Is my feedback on the ID3 not as good as a pre booker?

As an example the dealer advised I should’ve heard from VW re the software update however, nothing. It was only after an issue the car went back for the update.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Pre-bookers who paid their deposits and saw the whole process through have that entitlement - that's fair enough.

Many of them are frequenting places such as this plus a number of unofficial FB groups, so there are still ways of learning and sharing feedback with others.
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

I hear that the FB group contains a very good ID.3 FAQ. Not being a FB user (I refuse to participate in Zuckerberg’s empire) would anyone be willing to copy over any relevant and useful info (permissions permitting) into this ID.3 forum?