We Charge Go contract - zero monthly fee

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

I have a We Charge Go contract due to start on 18th March 2022.

My understanding from the VW We Charge website
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/electri ... harge.html
Note 7. Is that we should have an offer of a zero monthly basic fee for the We Charge Go plan (as we have a new ID3, with charging capacity over 100kw and have purchased the plan before 30 June 2022).

Has anyone managed to get this zero monthly fee We Charge Go plan??
(I am currently chasing VW customer support …)
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.

chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

There is a free basic plan but as id3 owners we get the middle plan for free too. I’m signed up. Do it via the We Connect id app (not the ordinary We Connect app).
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

OB1CCFC wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:53 am I have a We Charge Go contract due to start on 18th March 2022.

My understanding from the VW We Charge website
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/electri ... harge.html
Note 7. Is that we should have an offer of a zero monthly basic fee for the We Charge Go plan (as we have a new ID3, with charging capacity over 100kw and have purchased the plan before 30 June 2022).

Has anyone managed to get this zero monthly fee We Charge Go plan??
(I am currently chasing VW customer support …)
We Charge Go was automatically offered to me for free for one year based on the details I put in when first registering via the WeConnectID app. It did also offer 'We Charge Free' which is the standard option available to anyone so you have to be careful to click on the right one (the most expensive option was also offered at a reduced price). I think you are coming off a year's worth of 1st edition credit(?) - the process might be different in your situation, I'm not sure.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Yes I am coming off the free 15 month 1st Edition offer and want to transition to this new offer.
The We Connect ID app only allows you to choose the £5.99 We Charge Go plan.
I guess more lack of join up of VW and it’s partner systems.
I’ll give VW support a call soon seeing they aren’t responding to email. But hard to explain this over the phone…
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

chrisfs wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:37 am There is a free basic plan but as id3 owners we get the middle plan for free too. I’m signed up. Do it via the We Connect id app (not the ordinary We Connect app).
Just tried to sign up and it failed when it was supposed to ask for my payment details...twice.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

Option for ‘free’ as was said is available for first year via the WeCharge ID3 app. It also offers a monthly plan for those who are doing a lot of on the road charging. The charging fee is reduced compared to the ‘free’ plan.

I also subscribed to the Chargemap app. This cost an annual fee of 19 euros. However my advice would be although Chargemap offers wider access with more chargers, and in addition the app is much better than the WeCharge, the prices for charging are often more than the WeCharge ID3 rates.
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

duckworthsj wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:36 am Option for ‘free’ as was said is available for first year via the WeCharge ID3 app. It also offers a monthly plan for those who are doing a lot of on the road charging. The charging fee is reduced compared to the ‘free’ plan.

I also subscribed to the Chargemap app. This cost an annual fee of 19 euros. However my advice would be although Chargemap offers wider access with more chargers, and in addition the app is much better than the WeCharge, the prices for charging are often more than the WeCharge ID3 rates.
Please re read the original post. Many owners should get a We Charge Go contract with zero monthly fee if they sign up before June 30th, nothing to do with ‘first year’.
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

OB1CCFC wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:50 am
duckworthsj wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:36 am Option for ‘free’ as was said is available for first year via the WeCharge ID3 app. It also offers a monthly plan for those who are doing a lot of on the road charging. The charging fee is reduced compared to the ‘free’ plan.

Please re read the original post. Many owners should get a We Charge Go contract with zero monthly fee if they sign up before June 30th, nothing to do with ‘first year’.
Yes exactly what I said. But as was also written - ‘There is a free basic plan but as id3 owners we get the middle plan for free too. I’m signed up. Do it via the We Connect id app (not the ordinary We Connect app’
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

duckworthsj wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:56 am
OB1CCFC wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:50 am

Yes exactly what I said. But as was also written - ‘There is a free basic plan but as id3 owners we get the middle plan for free too. I’m signed up. Do it via the We Connect id app (not the ordinary We Connect app’
Wasn’t clear to me, but fair enough.
The VW Connect ID app does not offer the free We Charge Go offer to me anyway, only at £5.99 a month.
I think that is one of the issues.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Just got a response from VW/Elli—>
(This mainly concerns 1st Edition owners)

“ Concerning your request, we would like to inform you that the 0 monthly fee applies for new tariffs subscriptions, and not the existing ones that are extended after the We Charge Plus tariff”

Not sure the wording in note 7 is in line with that??
“Note 7.
Volkswagen Group Charging GmbH (Elli) offers customers who buy new ID. models with high-speed charging capability (charging capacity from 100 kW, subject to equipment) the We Charge Go plan at a discount with no monthly basic fee and the We Charge Plus plan for £7.99 per month for one year if they purchase a plan by 30 June 2022. The above plans each have a contract period of 12 months. The discount offer is not available to customers who buy used ID. models with high-speed charging capability”.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

OB1CCFC wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:02 am Just got a response from VW/Elli—>

“ Concerning your request, we would like to inform you that the 0 monthly fee applies for new tariffs subscriptions, and not the existing ones that are extended after the We Charge Plus tariff”

“Note 7.
Volkswagen Group Charging GmbH (Elli) offers customers who buy new ID. models with high-speed charging capability (charging capacity from 100 kW, subject to equipment) the We Charge Go plan at a discount with no monthly basic fee and the We Charge Plus plan for £7.99 per month for one year if they purchase a plan by 30 June 2022. The above plans each have a contract period of 12 months. The discount offer is not available to customers who buy used ID. models with high-speed charging capability”.

So it's a once only offer to new customers, it lasts for 12 months and is only available up to 30 June 2022 when I assume they will change they offer or withdraw it all together. Not sure what the confusion is.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

G43FAN wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:34 am
OB1CCFC wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:02 am Just got a response from VW/Elli—>

“Note 7.

So it's a once only offer to new customers, it lasts for 12 months and is only available up to 30 June 2022 when I assume they will change they offer or withdraw it all together. Not sure what the confusion is.
The note doesn’t refer to new customers. It refers to new ID’s and used ID’s. It doesn’t say once only either!
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

OB1CCFC wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:56 am Yes I am coming off the free 15 month 1st Edition offer and want to transition to this new offer.
The We Connect ID app only allows you to choose the £5.99 We Charge Go plan.
I guess more lack of join up of VW and it’s partner systems.
I’ll give VW support a call soon seeing they aren’t responding to email. But hard to explain this over the phone…
You've had the £500 15month offer but now that's over you want the lesser offer those of us that didn't buy 1st Editions got, which was a discounted rate for 12 months?
Perhaps I should ask to roll over to the £500 offer!

It states Customers who buy new IDs! Have you replaced your 1st Edition with a newer model?
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

If you go on Speakev you will find 1st edition drivers who have this new offer. It’s because VW haven’t properly defined the ‘contract’ wording, it’s vague and people like me do qualify under that wording. Which is my point…
I was a contract and service manager for 25 years. Now I just fanny about on forums like this😉
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

OB1CCFC wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:14 pm If you go on Speakev you will find 1st edition drivers who have this new offer. It’s because VW haven’t properly defined the ‘contract’ wording, it’s vague and people like me do qualify under that wording. Which is my point…
I was a contract and service manager for 25 years. Now I just fanny about on forums like this😉
I came off the £500 offer in November and was sent an e mail with the 3 alternatives, so I'm now on we charge free which costs nothing but charges
25p per transaction but am only going to use it in an emergency because i will use my octopus juice card whenever possible
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw