Car location in WeConnect ID

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
gwr

Post by gwr »

I naively thought that the dot on the map in the app was the car but I recently discovered it's my location and the car is nowhere to be seen. Is this normal?
gwr

ID3 Tech 2.3

N Scotland

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

gwr wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:34 pm I naively thought that the dot on the map in the app was the car but I recently discovered it's my location and the car is nowhere to be seen. Is this normal?
Yes, for now it's the location of your phone.. it will be updated apparently and show the CAR. (Not sure when)
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

gwr wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:34 pm I naively thought that the dot on the map in the app was the car but I recently discovered it's my location and the car is nowhere to be seen. Is this normal?
If you are using IOS, Apple Maps shows where the car is, if the phone is linked to the car.
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

It is an utterly useless app. I had a 5 year old Peugeot 308 which had a really useful app: location, individual journey records - including start and finish, fuel, average and journey MPG, service history etc etc etc. Sure it had some bugs but was actually a value add, rather than VWs embarrasing waste of processing power. I have said before, the quality of very visible VW software makes me worry about the car software.
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

I’m Ok with the car software as it’s not written by the same useless outsourced team as the App has been.

The App is shocking, we’ll see what happens with (if) 3.0 rolls out.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Battery Life has just released a video after running an ID3 with 3.0 for a week. He covers the app updates at the end. No knowing how stable or responsive it'll be but that shows fairly clearly what extra functionality you'll get. (Some, not loads.)
Confess I have never had a car with an app before so it all feels very high tech!
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

In my car from 4 years ago I had:

Lock/unlock
Aircon/heating
Location of car (great when parked in a new town)
Oil/fuel/diagnostic info (obviously different for iD3)
Alarm on/off
Windows open/close

I’d just like the above in a car which is relatively new tech (I’d not say high tech)

Apart from the aircon, the App is the only thing that disappoints me about this car.
gwr

Post by gwr »

Thanks. The app is still astonishingly useless after nearly two years, then. Looking forward to a significant update!
gwr

ID3 Tech 2.3

N Scotland
VengefulSeal

Post by VengefulSeal »

The older We Connect app I had for my previous Arteon was much better - Can't understand that the same functionality wasn't put into the new ID app.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

It's a shame they added this functionality back in...February 2022. But it'll only unlock when our cars are updated to 3.0.

On a similar topic, they haven't released any updates so far in May. Any guesses as to what kind of update we'll see this month? I'm personally very excited for more bug fixes.

16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!