Does in car scheduled charging work now?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
phixion

Post by phixion »

Heading to London tomorrow, 300+ mile round trip. Set my car to charge to 100% just a few minutes before I plan on leaving.

Is this a mistake? Will it work? Should I just charge it normally for peace of mind?
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger

Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

If you're running 2.3 don't bother it doesn't work
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

No it doesn't work. But I fear my response may be too late given the time you posted.
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

Different opinions on this topic. For me the scheduled charging via the infotainment system or / app works 80% of the time. It charges to the lvel I set on the app. 80%, 90% or 100% of battery However the 20% it doesn’t work is a bummer… and Sod’s Law means it happens when I really need it. So I agree with the its ‘unreliable’ sentiment expressed by G43FAN and others.

I compare to my Mini on the same charger…where it works flawlessly every time and the App tells me where it is going to finish and when it finishes or if something goes wrong (eg charge interrupted for whatever ).

VW need to stop facing around with new bells and whistles with the software and just fix the basics… It is like having an ICE that some mornings will start and others not… Rant over.
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
phixion

Post by phixion »

Well, it did work, but didn't quite reach 100% by the time I set, I think it was 93% or something.

I think in the future I'll just charge to 100% the night before.

Also, when I got back I plugged in at home and told it to charge to 80% but my scheduled charge 100% setting seemed to override it, even though it was set to a specific day!
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Don't think of it as a schedule, think of it as a random event creation tool..

Wil the car charge overnight - Possibly but probably not
Will the SoC match what was set in the tool - Possibly but probably not
Will having a schedule to charge Monday 00:30 - 04:30 cause some random event at any other time of the week. Almost Definetly.
rmrpanda

Post by rmrpanda »

phixion wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:23 pm Well, it did work, but didn't quite reach 100% by the time I set, I think it was 93% or something.

Also, when I got back I plugged in at home and told it to charge to 80% but my scheduled charge 100% setting seemed to override it, even though it was set to a specific day!
Just wondering if it had time to reach 100%? I have heard the last part of charging past 80% can take nearly as long again… is this right? Never done it myself but have a long journey coming up in a couple of weeks…
ID.3 Family Pro 58kWh 145ps | Manganese grey | 2022 | PodPoint tethered home charger
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

rmrpanda wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:29 am
phixion wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:23 pm Well, it did work, but didn't quite reach 100% by the time I set, I think it was 93% or something.

Just wondering if it had time to reach 100%? I have heard the last part of charging past 80% can take nearly as long again… is this right? Never done it myself but have a long journey coming up in a couple of weeks…
AC Charging at 7kW or even 11kW is linear it is only on Rapid DC Charging that there is a slow down.
phixion

Post by phixion »

rmrpanda wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:29 am Just wondering if it had time to reach 100%? I have heard the last part of charging past 80% can take nearly as long again… is this right? Never done it myself but have a long journey coming up in a couple of weeks…
Yes it had plenty of time, problem is it started the charge at 2kW, I guess because it thought it could charge to 100% in time, so didn't use the full 7kW.
van

Post by van »

Have charged to 100% no problem but not with a departure time set. Tried using this feature once but it's hit and miss. Best result came by setting several schedules in the car of around 1 to 1.5 hours rather than one covering the whole charge period, but now I've deleted all that and leave the scheduling to the charger.
Family Pro Moonstone Grey
East Derry alloys, Heat pump.
Ordered 5 Aug 21.
Build started 18 Nov 21.
Left Factory 3 Feb 22.
Arrived with dealer 27 Feb 22.
Collected from dealer 9 Mar 22.